The Saga Of Kwame

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by LooN3y, May 22, 2021.

1. LooN3y

LooN3y - Rookie -

Lol, this is hilarious.

It’s childish and kind of sad that they’re nearly 50 and act like this but my god it’s Internet gold.

Kwame’s talking facts but he’s a bust and he’s mad butt hurt. Sounding like Chauncey from menace 2 society

but he called out cap jax hard, because everyone knew he’s kind of a childish fake dude.

But wow it’s comedy straight up. Someone needs to make a timeline/compilation

JSM and Savory Griddles like this.
  2. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

I'm loving the Kwamaissance. He's been right on almost everything he's said.

abeer3 likes this.
  3. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    Yeah, I don’t care what anyone thinks of Kwame as a player or person, but it’s undeniable that his recent videos have been comedic gold. The dude really has a way with words :D

And to be honest, while he’s a “bust” because of the #1 pick and the hype that came with being drafted by MJ, that really wasn’t his fault.

At the end of the day, he was able to carve out a career and stick around in the league for 12 years. During most of which he was a serviceable center. He was incredibly frustrating to watch because we had him in Kobe’s prime and needed much more than “serviceable”, but he was legitimately a solid interior defender and set tough screens.

If he had fell a few spots in his draft, nobody would really think of Kwame as a bust. He’d just be another big man with a career ranging from mediocre to average.

Anthony Bennett probably did a lot of good for Kwame’s legacy by showing how it’s possible for a #1 pick to not even ever really crack a NBA rotation. Hard to call Kwame the biggest bust of all time when Bennett’s career exists.

abeer3 likes this.
  4. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

This thread is useless without links.

432J likes this.
  5. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

aside from being dealt for pau, this is what i think of when i hear kwame brown

6. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

i mean, he got hit in the eye on the way up, pretty hard (any hit on the eye is pretty disruptive, imo).

i think the dude was unfairly maligned his whole career. as helljumper said, he had a pretty long, solid career, and had he not been a #1 overall pick (even if he was still lotto), people wouldn't have freaked out so much about any mistake he made.

i think folks like to blame the loss of part of kobe's prime on kwame and smush when they were just symptoms of a larger problem (some of which involved kobe himself). we didn't have dudes lining up to take those roles for a reason.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  7. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

those 06 and 07 lakers teams just weren't good, hence kobe literally carrying them on his back to the playoffs. teams don't usually rebound right away after losing a superstar

kwame and smush weren't good, but anyone who expected them to come to LA and be all stars was simply dreaming. no one craps on bennett because he was so bad that he never even played. kwame had a long career and was mediocre for a decade, hence why he gets so much crap (unfairly)

abeer3 likes this.
  8. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

Kwame averaged almost 7/6 for his career. I mean, that's OK production for a bench center. Yes, he had bad hands, but he obviously belonged in the NBA and contributed as much as he could. People expected more, since he was a #1 pick and started for some teams. But if his potential was properly recognized and used, he'd be just another NBA center no one would be mentioning much at this point. It would be like: "Kwame Brown, yeah... he came off the bench for teams X, Y and Z, was alright I guess.".

But people killed his confidence, starting with MJ and it sort of became popular to hate on the guy who, realistically, did not deserve all the hate.

abeer3 and SamsonMiodek like this.
  9. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

He had a decent run replacing Mihm as a starter at the 5 in March 06 and in the playoffs .

Oddly enough this series loss is my biggest regret as a Lakers fan , was looking forward to that LA series and then what Kobe could have done against the Mavs in the WCF

10. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

7 seconds away from beating that 54 win suns team with MVP nash. if only lamar had boxed out marion and gotten the rebound on nash's miss

that's the one game that still pisses me off to this day

c.Lin, abeer3, tada and 2 others like this.
  11. Bryant

Bryant - Lakers 6th Man -

Considering that Anthony Bennett busted harder and is out of the NBA, Kwame gets more flak and more easily targeted because he was serviceable and stayed on NBA rosters for 10+ years.

Anyways, do you guys remember this story about him throwing some guy's cake?

Brown won't be prosecuted in cake heist (espn.com)

:Laugh:

abeer3 likes this.
  12. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

haha wow i forgot all about that

i remember someone on CL had an avi of kwame with cake all over his mouth

13. c.Lin

c.Lin - Rookie -

This game and 2008 Finals Game 6 were the two games that upset me the most as a fan.

I knew we still had Game 7 to play against Phoenix, but my gut was telling me we were done.

14. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

ugh, don't remind me about that phx game. a lucky bounce to tim thomas...

that was the same year the league fixed the finals, too, right? dark time in my basketball-watching life.

15. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    Ha, everything else pails in comparison to watching Jerry West and crew lose to the C Bags every frigging year!!!! There was one year where we were clearly the favored team and everyone thought we would win. We lost then too!! Then to add to the misery, the year that the C Bags finally fell out of the top, those dam Yankees, errr uhhh, the Knicks, trot out as underdogs and use a totally hobbles Willis Reed to beat us. That year, I almost quit watching the Lakers all together. The pain was so bad and being there, makes me understand how psychologically scarred Jerry West became.

Nothing after this era of our franchise, ever came close to the bad feelings this era brought everyone.

abeer3 likes this.
  16. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

yeah, that predates me. my dad talks about it a bit, though he wasn't really a lakers fan (or a C Bags fan).

17. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

wasn't a lucky bounce

nash missed a 3 in the corner. odom completely forgot to box out marion who got the offensive board and kicked it out to thomas. pump faked once, had kwame fly by, and sank the 3. i'll forever get mad thinking about that shot

18. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

19. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

20. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

what a sissy. let me name off people i think may be real tough guys with whom kwame has beef.

"nothing personal, but here's an 8-minute takedown of a former journeyman center"

and the sophomoric ad-libbed commentary on a career-long lowlights tape.

everyone involved should be ashamed. SAS is a small man in all ways.

just cringe. probably doesn't realize that if someone wants a 8-minute lowlight tape of him, he just made it for them.