The Official Where Is Carmelo Anthony Going Thread?

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Jul 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    he just back-slapped Lebron in a way that I highly admire

and he's my favorite player

:Carusohearthands:

Big Mamma Jamma likes this.
  2. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

LOL you been jonesing to bag on Rob's off season again haven't you .... been like 3 weeks?

:ADnaughty:

:Fishwink:

Big Mamma Jamma likes this.
  3. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Who cares what Royce White thinks?

4. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

Bruh...stop it. Melo is the better OFFENSIVE player, and that is about where it stops (and one can argue that he's only better offensively now because he'll take more shots to get those points than Dudley will). Dudley is a way better FIT for this team than Melo is. That's what it comes down to. I'm sorry, but I will take Dudz and Daniels over Melo any day of the week and twice on sundays. I want Melo as FAR away from the Lakers as possible. He's a cancer. And he is redundant. We don't need him when we have Kuzma and Dudley off the bench already.

Weezy likes this.
  5. pound4pound

pound4pound - Lakers Starter -

[​IMG]

6. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Bruh... comparing another human being to cancer in an industry based on entertainment...stop it.

Y'all got real bball players & trainers (Kuz and cuff just to name a few) saying Melo still got game. Melo is 35min per player. Dudz is a 23min per player.

Please stop acting like it's a great idea for Bron to drive up his usage in the regular season and for our prized free agent to be having to play a position he specifically said he didn't want to play.

Daniels who is a SG (backing up our 23m invested position with Green and Kcp) and avgs 15mins per was absolutely a lock to sign before we knew about Kawhi's decision...yet we already traded for AD who loves playing the 4 and allowed WCS to sign the vet min with the dubs. I hear our FO is looking for young centers.

I think you need to stop and access the situation some.

@LTLakerFan that dude went at Bron too. Not everything is about your guy Rob haha. But...im obviously not a fan of our summer. We got 33m in cap and no max guy... But still our roster is not as deep/versatile in certain areas and we are bare in immediate assets to make a change, even if we wanted to later.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  7. vasashi17

8. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Melo should join team USA

9. pound4pound

pound4pound - Lakers Starter -

i just can't see Melo embracing the role that Dudley has...perhaps in October but during the dog days of Nov-Jan, i can see the pouty looks on the bench after consecutive DNP-CDs

Cookie and Khmrp like this.
  10. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

hou dropping melo after 10 or so gms last season says enough of melo value to any team

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    sirronstuff and Cookie like this.
  11. vasashi17

Has Htown/Morey won anything lately?

How many Mvps/allstars did Presti lose after the Thunder went to the finals?

Btw who coaches both those teams?

Using Melo's recent stops to justify he don't got game...yeah, agree to disagree.

Also how is Melo going to blow up a locker room that has his mans there? You think Bron just going to stand there and witness another title derailing?

Fact of the matter is health and minimizing usage of our stars during the regular season. Can you run iso and get buckets thru Melo while Bron is on the bench? Can you do that with Dudz?

Melo is conditioned to play 35mins per. Dudz only gives you 23mins of run. Last 4 years: Dudz has played 252 out of 328 possible games during the regular season. Melo has played 234...and that is with his Htown sabbatical. And don't get me started on Daniels...

If you want to go with proven minutes on the floor that projects to better maintenance of your stars during the regular season, the choice is easy.

#KeepnItHood

12. sirronstuff

Those compression pants are for old dude varicose vein issues.

He done.

:Noddingyes:

abeer3 and Khmrp like this.
  13. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

what does any of that matter? who signed melo after Hou booted him last season?

Cookie and sirronstuff like this.
  14. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

15. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

I want a BIG. Or bigger than Melo with equally needed vital skills. But have to admit am curious about what game a desperate-in-shape-finally-willing-to-come-off-the-bench-to-stay-in-the-NBA Melo has left. Same as Vash is talking about. But give me the reasonably talented BIG who can defend decently and give relief to McGee and AD and Bron out there. And as someone mentioned today when we get into Feb and March and Melo may be racking up some DNPs Coach's decisions consecutively .... there's attitude danger there where maybe we no longer get that kind of effort and willingness to be team first out of him.

16. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

well we can apply for injury exception in cousins n get that other roster spot...im just just curious why we need him but yet no other team has wanted/needed him?

17. vasashi17

Bron and 'Do will hold dude accountable. The pouty stuff came from trash coaches (Hornacek, Donovan, MDA) and I highly doubt it happens here.

He's perfect for a backup to Bron and even playing alongside Bron when he goes off-ball/weakside on offense. Dude can even play backup 4 for AD and has the conditioning for those type of minutes cause he's been a 35min per player for his career.

@LTLakerFan of course I'm not saying that Melo should take up the 15th roster spot. That should definitely go to a big like Noah. Dudz gets cut for Melo. Daniels for Iggy or any surprise name that comes up.

You were saying...

abeer3 likes this.
  18. sirronstuff

those are different material. That's just a fashion statement.

Male pantyhose tbh

19. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

Just to clarify here. Experimental Roster Season was last year. All done now. We need worker bees, not failed stars that should be able to take the step to role player though by simple observance, they've failed at that too. No to Melo, no to Dwight. There is nothing different about LA and our organization over Houston or Washington that is going to suddenly make them click.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    tada, LakerFanIam, Weezy and 3 others like this.
  20. vasashi17

Experimental roster...last season? Half of the meme team is back. Beas was emotionally damaged and Boog will play the same role being physically damaged (although these string of injuries will surely take an emotional toll as well). Dudz is going to play the Stephenson role aka tough guy playing spot minutes.

Have you seen the minutes that Daniels, Cook and Dudz ran last year and for their careers? Nothing about those dudes says they can take on heavy minutes and produce if necessary. Can Caruso take on big minutes?

We know about Boog...we know about McGee and his asthma...we know about Rondo and his injuries last year...what we might not know is that AvBrad has averaged 55 games in the last 3 regular seasons of his career.

Will Bron and AD sync from the jump? We brought back 6 players from last year, so 8-9 dudes is new. We also got a new coach & staff.

Please tell me how this year is not experimental.

As for LA being different from Okc & Htown...Bron says hi. Melo will fall in line for the big homie.

And if you can't see the benefit to Melo over Dudz in terms of purely bball and keeping Bron juiced for the real season, then we got nothing more to debate.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.