Russell Westbrick Discussion: Clipper Gonna Clip

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Jul 29, 2021.

1. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

That’s the thing that’s giving me some hope right now.

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  2. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

The only way I'm taking Hayward, is if Charlotte sent two unprotected 1st round picks with him.

OX1947 likes this.
  3. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    :Laugh:

Meanwhile in Charlotte’s scouting office

4. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

Any way to completely scrub these clips from the internet?

I’d say call Dr Strange but that didn’t work out so well for Spiderman in the last movie.

5. KareemtheGreat33

Brow-beater
    If Dr. Strange is here, we might as well wish for 2009 Russ body with Kobe’s brains:Laugh:

6. ElginTheGreat

lol. Facts.

KareemtheGreat33 likes this.
  7. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Yeah and Jordan probably thinks Russ is still better today than Rozier will ever be, and that he found a sucker to dump Hayward off on AND gets 47 million coming off his books next season. LOL..That's a terrible trade..Terry included.

8. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

[​IMG]

I commend your passion for Russ. I think the only person who loves Russ more than you do is Russ himself, but it's neck and neck. I only wish you were running an opposing NBA team.

Juronimo, shoe, LTLakerFan and 4 others like this.
  9. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

It's not about Russ dude, it's about giving up an asset for trash. 47 million dollars coming off the books alone is a valuable asset. Thats all MJ really wants, well besides dumping Gordon to boot.Have you seen Rozier play in these last two play in games? I'm not sure what you guys are expecting. Hayward is a terrible idea period, we of all people ,should be gun shy about forking out 60 million for two seasons for a guy that has played in 50 games or less three years straight. NO I think some of you guys have let this " Westbrook is the root of all our problems " jazz cloud your judgment. That deal sucks man, we are better off trying to milk Indiana or Sacramento, than to fall for this Jordan okie doke. LOL adding insult to injury, Hayward and Rozier make almost 4 million more than Westbrook next season, that's another 6 added to our luxury tax. Terrible deal, I sincerely hope that Rob and the FO are smart enough to see that. I'm all about what's best for the team moving forward, and a Rozier/Hayward swap for Westbrook damn sure isn't it.

10. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

I garuntee you Jordan wished you ran the Lakers !!!

11. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Top tier finisher? I feel like he was one of the worst at the rim in the entire league for players that get there as much as he does… But no, he isn’t finished, he’s just finished being what he was. He needs to start changing, or he will be out of the league similar to Iverson. If you don’t make an offense entirely around him he’s pretty useless, and that’s not gonna happen here, so he’s not finished, but he’s finished here, he’s a bad fit, always was gonna be. I expect him to put up great mostly empty numbers as the main guy wherever he goes, which is fine, I won’t miss him. I still don’t understand how anyone could have watched him this season and come to the conclusion that next year he’ll be better and it’ll work, he’s a square peg in a round hole. He’s not coachable, his attitude is horrible, and of course he was fine with coaches before here, every coach before here let him do whatever he wanted.

12. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

It's like several people watched a different team. Mind bottling.

13. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

He had a stretch of about 30 games between game 38 and 68 where he was terrible at finishing. The first half of the season and the last 15 odd games he was top tier. I’m not really sure what to make of that.

I can’t fault your comments too much. I accept he isn’t mvp Russ and maybe not all star Russ unless there is an offence tailored to him. But I still think he can be made to work in an offence, Houston did it and were rolling before the season stopped. It’s a what if to ask what happens if they didn’t pause the seasons and he wasn’t injured for the playoffs. And all the talk of him being defended by sagging off him is easy to do when you can’t attack the basket with a torn quad.

I don’t see him not being coachable or having a bad attitude and I don’t think you’re going to find any stories corroborating that either. And I wholly agree that a core of Lebron, AD and Russ can work - we just need health, time and a good scheme. All three of which we didn’t have.

Lastly, if we can get something valuable for Russ I’m for it. I’m not in love with his fit or style of play either. It’s just that talent wins championships and having an injured worse player or two isn’t a worthy trade. I’d rather get a coach who sees a way of making it work and going from there.

14. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

It really isn't.

It's just two dudes who don't what the hell they are watching.

The rest of us are armchair GM's who think we know what we're talking about including myself.

In the end, we can all agree (minus 2) that Russ sucks.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  15. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

16. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Regarding there not being any stories of him being not coachable, and regarding his terrible attitude, from what I hear on podcasts, that stuff is there all over behind the scenes. It’s just not made public, probably because players don’t know when they might have to play with him or coaches when they might have to coach him. He’s hasn’t had a ton of coaches though, Scott Brooks seems to be the Russ whisperer, which is why we tried to make him an assistant this summer. Probably should have.

As far as his play, I’ve said this before, I’m trying not to repeat myself, but I guess I feel strongly about it, it’s not going to work. Russ can’t shoot, LeBron needs shooters around him, and AD losing his shot this season didn’t help Russ not being able to shoot. He also can’t, or doesn’t defend, so if he can’t shoot and he can’t defend, how are we going to succeed with him.

The only way, I mean the ONLY way I could see him being of any value is if he decided to come off the bench for us and run the 2nd unit as a traditional PG. But because of his pride and attitude I do not see that happening. It’s not too good of a role for Carmelo Anthony, but it is for Russ most likely, and that’s why I say he will go out like Iverson or like Dwight almost did if he doesn’t stop talking and acting like everyone else is the issue and he’s fine as long as he can get his triple doubles. Dude doesn’t know what winning means, he doesn’t know what sacrifice for winning is, he’s all about his numbers.

Lastly, I agree that talent wins championships, but I do not think Russ is “talent” anymore, I’d take a couple super solid role players like KCP or Kuz and Caruso over him at this point. What also wins championships is defense, chemistry, and players knowing their roles and going out there and playing them. We need to move on, Russ just isn’t that guy anymore, and the most important thing in all this, is his salary. His salary makes it IMPOSSIBLE to improve this team, next year will be the same thing because it would be LBJ, AD, Russ, THT, Reaves, Stan, Gabriel and all minimums. We cannot find the talent to win with minimums, we have to have a more balanced roster, and his expiring contract gives us that option, it’s pretty much the only way.

17. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yeah, svtzr--this stuff is already out there. i mean, if you're willing to look past his body language and his own comments about his stats and role in the first place.

i'm also still struggling to see who this coach is that turns russ into the focal point of a contending team. certainly hasn't been the last three.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
    JSM and ElginTheGreat like this.
  18. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    If you were watching games this season, you hated your life

:Laugh:

and those are brutal highlights when you consider those are for just one year

:RW Barfbag:

19. KareemtheGreat33

Brow-beater
    *half a year

sirronstuff likes this.
  20. ElginTheGreat

Right. If we seriously want to bring Russ back then we have to be able to answer the question of who is going to put together an offense that works well with him and put us back in the hunt.

I’m all ears but I don’t see that coach nor do I think we have a process in place to find him or her on someone’s current staff.

abeer3 likes this.