Random Other NBA Teams Discussion

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by LTLakerFan, Sep 4, 2016.

1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

:Shaqlaughing 2:

Like he was trying to do the shammgod(?) with no 1st OR 2nd syllable.

2. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

[​IMG]

Why? They must think they're winning it this year. That alone deserves some interference from the basketball gods. Let them get swept in the first round and Tatum demands a trade to LA.

Or is it their "last stand" because they can't afford to keep that team together after this year.

3. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

ballsy. i do think this is the last shot they have. holiday has to drop off, as does horford, and zingis hasn't had two consecutive healthy seasons in his career. with the salary structure, they can't really afford replacements for any of those three guys, and they need every ounce of their production to beat the top teams.

if they're healthy, though, i don't see who beats them this year.

4. LTLakerFan

…. better than the ******g Clippers winning it ;)

…. waits to be doxed and swatted AGAIN :swear: :swear:

5. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

NBA players are not human

tada, ZenMaster, Cookie and 4 others like this.
  6. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

But wait there's more...

[​IMG]

tada, Cookie, sirronstuff and 4 others like this.
  7. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Luka in a Lakers uni is my wet dream. Won't mind the complaining one bit, dude is a basketball savant.

8. LTLakerFan

Did I see that correctly with no edit or gif loop in the first clip with the half court moon shot? He did it twice back to back???

9. LTLakerFan

OMG McClung’s dunks were insane!

Cookie and abeer3 like this.
  10. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

There's always a push off on this type of dunks, so they look crazy but are actually easier to pull off.
    Having said that, dude is an athlete and im happy he won. The Contest in general was "meh" though.
    I'll be skipping the ASG (as always). Unwatchable chuck fest... almost like most of the RS. NBA is insane wanting real basketball games to look like this :(

Cookie and LTLakerFan like this.
  11. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

[​IMG]

Tatum has been there for 7 years. He's one of the two best home grown players they've had since the 80s (he and PP) and Bird has never gone out of his way to meet him? Has he been in a bunker? Pretty sure Boston has played Indy during that time... even in a playoff series.

JT, they don't appreciate you. Come to LA and you'll meet at least 5 Laker Hall of Famers in your first 48 hours in town.

12. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

Screw NBA all star game and all that other BS around it.

Haven't watched live in the last 10 years probably. Haven't watched more than highlights in that same span.

13. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

Yea, same here. I just saw the two teams combined to put up almost 400 points. That, to me, is unwatchable BS. I look at the box score and immediately go to the Lakers players (Bron and AD) and hope they hardly had any mins. I want them to rest up for the rest of the season of, ya know REAL friggin' basketball. KAT had 50 points. Yawn. NEXT!

Cookie, abeer3, ZenMaster and 3 others like this.
  14. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

I've watched it to see our guys play but it's become background noise and if I hear one of our guys mentioned then I'll look up to see the replay.

They have some big issues with the overall weekend. Players don't care about any of the contests or the games. The only one to get any reading on the player give a f*** meter is the 3 point contest.

You won't fix it in a year and Silver was really disappointed with how this year's fix played out. Here's where I would start:

- skills comp goes. Barnes and Ant made a joke of it. Replace it with a 1 on 1 comp. You won't get NBA players to set their ego aside, so find the most exciting G-League players (they already do that in the dunk contest) and get them involved. They're trying to stand out, get the attention of a team, make a name for themselves so you can get them to buy in.

- dunk contest... back up the Brinks truck. With the interactive courts, you can increase your number of ads to cover the bill. Go to Ja, Ant, Zion and LaVine (if healthy) and have them tell you their price. That's the amount. Whatever they want.

- all star game... you're not going to get players to go all out for more than one Q and that's best case. I think going back to traditional scoring is a mistake, because that 4th Q buy in never happened last night. I get rid of the 3 point line. Every basket counts the same. That's a start. I think 168 3s were attempted. That's boring. Sure it's fun watching Dame, Steph, or last night Haliburton go on a heater but that's all the game has become. Then make the prize money more significant. Pay for their attention.

15. LTLakerFan

Most of the first quarter I was like OK guys this is “OK”, it looks like you got the message …. now is that so hard? They were playing some positional defense and putting hands up to block shots …. kind of like a basketball version of flag football. No contact but some defense. At some point it all went to crap.

16. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

I was also shocked that Tatum had never met Bird. It's really weird

17. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

That was the worst all-star game I can remember seeing. You can’t even call that a game, nobody was trying to win, it was just guys letting other guys take open shots and worst of all open layups and dunks. These games used to get competitive the last quarter or maybe 5-6 mins of the game, but this one never did, they were all just joking around and letting people score. Why even have the game if that’s all it is, that’s not fun to watch.

Juronimo and LTLakerFan like this.
  18. LTLakerFan

How about the start of the game in the 1st quarter Weezy? Would you have been OK if that continued all game? Yeah and then try to actually buckle down and play better basketball in the last 6 minutes.

19. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

I wonder if any of us can be considered a representative example of an NBA fan.

I am going to guess - NO.

So, does an average NBA consumer share our views on what is considered a good game?

I don't think so, if you judge by the way the NBA has changed and the clearly positive impact it had on the revenue.

So, in summary, sucks for us.

20. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i saw someone suggest ditching the whole format and having the allstar teams essentially play a 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 tourney for serious prize money. i like it.

imagine 8 teams of 3 playing a three round, winner take all. 1st round games are 7 points, by 1s, win by 2. 2nd round to 11, final is to 15.

Cookie likes this.