Random Other NBA Teams Discussion

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by LTLakerFan, Sep 4, 2016.

1. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

for years i got league pass, and then i think at some point (or maybe it always was) you didn't get nbatv with it (or whatever tv package i had dropped nbatv). anyway, league pass doesn't air nbatv games, much like it doesn't do local games in your market. the teams i follow most--especially the lakers--were playing like, 1/3 of their games on national tv or nbatv, and after having kids, i just don't have time to watch random wizards games and such for now, so i was just like, i'll get nbatv and just let the others go. but then nbatv couldn't be part of the tv package, so it streams separately, and the app is a little clunky, imo, so i barely bother. i started just streaming games from the links here, but then the nba got mad about that.

tl;dr: the nba should make it easier to access their stuff if they don't want people to steal it, and the multiple streaming platforms is probably going to die out as weezy mentioned before.

Wino likes this.
  2. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    Yeah, I am sure I will find problems. Right now, I am in San Diego and I get the Prime Sports package which gives me all Lakers games that are not on national TV, which I also get. Prime coverage is the best and I don't believe I will be able to access that from far away. I would love to have access to that after I move but I don't think it is possible.

The ONLY thing I will be leaving that I will miss, besides family, is the Lakers. I do not intend to change that allegiance and will be looking for the best access to them I can find.

abeer3 likes this.
  3. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

What about @OX1947 …. he’s in Temecula … that’s pretty close.

:Fishwink:

Wino likes this.
  4. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    well, there is that, and the local liquor store.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  5. LTLakerFan

6. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

The app is one of the worst apps I've ever come across in the history of aps. It lags, it kicks you off, it's glitchy. I can't believe in 2024 and for the price, they are THAT far behind what the NFL has going. For whatever reason, they had some issue with access on Roku devices and most of my TVs are Roku TVs, so I had to download the app through my PS4 and it was such a hassle. That said, last year I added it on as an extension to my YouTube TV and you bypass the app entirely, night and day difference in quality and issues. Still quite limited as far as the service itself and any bells/whistles, but I'll take it compared to that pile of s*** that is their app. /rant.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
    abeer3 likes this.
  7. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

yeah, when i had nbatv via my cable provider, it was obviously fine, and the on-demand option via the provider just beat the s*** out of the app, whose interface is also non-intuitive. like, who's doing this? silver's nephew or something?

JSM likes this.
  8. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

DAMN!

sirronstuff, Kenzo, abeer3 and 2 others like this.
  9. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

Goddamit... have never I been that wrong in my entire life.

10. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Yeah, I doubted his ability to handle the physicality and just didn't know how it all would translate. Injury concerns are still there and maybe he will have a short career, but that won't change that he's literally doing things hall of fame big men have accomplished and this is as a rookie.

This is also with the team making a mockery of the point guard position this season.

Zoyd Wheeler likes this.
  11. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

Yea, I was gawking at Wemby's stat line. 10 blocks. Damn! Then I saw the fact posted by JSM: Wemby in with Kareem, Hakeem, Sampson, the Admiral. Not bad, kid!. Not bad.

I thought Kirilenko got close to being on that list but I'm too lazy to look it up. Probably didn't have the 25 points covered.

12. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

Knicks got the treatment tonight: foul called that cost them the game and the refs said afterward, "Our bad! Sorry, Knicks! Now that we look at it we shouldn't have called that. Oh well, you lose." I paraphrase.

Two games I thought would be really good tonight: DEN@MIL; MIN@Clips. They weren't. Bucks made Nugs look lousy. Why can't the Nugs play like that against us?
    The Clips got basted by Antman and his crew and I couldn't be happier about it...but it was a lousy game. Just crap.

In the Wemby game tonight of triple-double with 10 blocks: Darko Rajakovic's "Face of this league" Scottie Barnes had 7/9/9 in 30 mins on 3 of 15 shooting. I ain't throwing shade at Scottie, but at loudmouth Darko.

JSM, abeer3, LTLakerFan and 1 other person like this.
  13. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Another he's doing what?! Wemby stat

Ugh!

Also both Mavs and Warriors just reached 5 game winning streaks tonight, so that's great.

sirronstuff and abeer3 like this.
  14. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

yeah, being in that 9/10 spot with the warriors is not going to be fun. we're 3-4 games back from the 5-8 squads, and none of them appear to be dropping in the standings any time soon. if we end up playing gs in a 9/10 just for the right to fight dallas or sac (who beats us like a drum at all times) for the 8 spot, that might wrap it all up quickly.

15. LTLakerFan

LOL …. odds on how many games in our stretch run Numbnuts is going to cost us with his new 6’5” PG toy to fart around with the 3 non-strong defending guard lineups?

abeer3 likes this.
  16. LTLakerFan

abeer3 likes this.
  17. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

it is kinda weird how he pops off the screen in highlights and off the page in the box score, and his team is just absolutely terrible.

yes, there's not much talent there, but other guys who put up big stats on bad teams--even in their rookie year--tend to get a little flak in the press.

i give it a pass largely due to popovich's incredibly unserious approach to start the year with sochan at pg, but at some point, individual greatness isn't interesting if it doesn't help you win games.

all that said, his team is a lot better with him on the court, and i expect them to get some more talent in there as soon as next year. then they should start winning immediately if he's who we think he is.

18. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

We really need to get to 6th to avoid a lot of the unnecessary madness. Thing is even if we start ripping off wins, I don't know who's losing. Pelicans? I still can't take them seriously. Kings? Fox has had a rough past 20 games on average. An injury makes someone free fall? Thing is if we can climb to that grouping, a lot of possible because currently 5-8 is separated by 1 game.

Lane has started the daily post on Twitter of who needs to do what that night to help us climb. Hasn't been going well yet. Hopefully it breaks. We can't be the only one other than Memphis who just gets one injury after another. Law of averages doesn't support that.

abeer3 likes this.
  19. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Yeah, I just think Pop and the front office realized that even under best circumstances they're not a serious team this year. So be unserious, just focus on teaching him the NBA game and make sure the losing doesn't create any bad habits for him. Racks up another high draft pick. They'll have enough for a max contract this summer if they want to go that route too. Next year set your goal as the play in and see what happens.

abeer3 likes this.
  20. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Lmao, the Lakers ended this dude

abeer3 and LTLakerFan like this.