Random Other NBA Teams Discussion

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by LTLakerFan, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

I'll take Joker 100% of the time. Embiid is great though.

Wino likes this.
  2. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yeah, that's an easy call for me. jokic is probably better on both ends and has been quite healthy over time. embiid's never played more than 64 games in a season.

Wino and Cookie like this.
  3. The Rock

The Rock - Lakers Starter -

Last 4 years Embiid has played more games than AD. I believe Embiid has missed only 2 games this year. He's not an iron man but plays just enough games for Philly

Wino likes this.
  4. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Pacers best GS tonight.

LOL.

Cookie and abeer3 like this.
  5. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

feel like gs has been junk without green.

lol, embiid has missed 11 games this year (1/4 of his team's total games), and the season ain't over yet. and picking his best period and AD's worst period is dishonest. compare their whole careers. unless you're suggesting embiid will be an iron man from here on out. in which case i'd contend that it's plausible AD becomes an iron man upon his next return.

neither is true, though, and i'd still rathe have AD.

6. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

Abeer is having problems sleeping with Joel playing like the MVP this month while AD is at the movies

7. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

8. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Fined more, than their POS assistant coach LOL.

9. The Rock

Embiid missed 9 games because of COVID and dropped 42 on his return game

https://sports.yahoo.com/philadelph...oronavirus-pandemic-doc-rivers-230903676.html

Embiid is only a year younger than AD they're both in the middle of their primes

10. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Hopefully AD still has a prime

11. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i don't care. history says he'll be out with a leg or foot injury, probably before this year's out. my issue is that everyone's mad at AD being unavailable while kissing embiid's ring. oh wait. he doesn't have one (and won't be getting one).

right. they're nearly the same age. one of them has played a lot more and been more successful. one is playing the best ball of his career right now, so it's easy to back him. nobody was chirping about this two years ago, and there's a chance this will return to that state.

i wouldn't trade AD for embiid:

upload_2022-1-22_13-46-48.png

upload_2022-1-22_13-47-1.png

SamsonMiodek likes this.
  12. The Rock

With Lakers going small as they are do you trust AD at C logging a lot of minutes?

The great success he had was when we had McGee and Dwight eat up a lot of minutes at C so AD can be preserved. Im not sure how he can a top 5 player with us with the book out that he can't handle the physicality and he can be roughed up. It's a legit concern now thats been a pattern for multiple years.

Embiid is not without his weaknesses too, just in the 2019 playoffs he scored 0 against the Raps. But he is trending upward and I'm not sure about AD.

I look at AD like Pau. When Pau is right he's a tremendous player but when he's not he can be pushed around.

When physical toughness questions rises about our premier bag man and anchor, its worth asking if we can really be a championship contender

13. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i never liked it. i always wanted us to play another big to start games, but to finish games with our version of gs's death lineup. i still fully believe in that model. i think lebron's getting a bit old, so it's not as scary as it was two years ago, but it's the path.

what's the pattern? a guy got thrown into his knee this year.

i'd argue embiid is what he is: very talented, pretty lazy, kind of an a******, and incredibly injury-prone. he's an all-nba player. i just prefer AD for versatility, and, ironically, reliability. i really can't stress enough that embiid's never played more than 64 games in a season. prior to when NO sat AD, he had almost always played more than that. he's never missed full seasons due to structural problems in his feet that required surgery.

again, maybe you're all right, and this is the beginning of the end of AD. but it's more likely that AD goes back to playing 70 games a year for the next three years and embiid goes back to playing 60 or worse. big men with foot problems terrify me. it's why i was really worried when AD seemed to be having achilles issues after the title.

AD's just so much better defensively than pau because he can play in space on the perimeter, which is why i didn't like him bulking up. pau was better offensively because he was such a great passer, but only marginally because the AD lob threat makes teams have to really change their defense.

so much focus on pushing around when literally nobody has won a ring recently by pushing folks around on the interior.

literally won a ring with mcgee starting next to AD. is mcgee noted for his toughness and physicality?

SamsonMiodek and Juronimo like this.
  14. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

15. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yeah, his shooting has been down all year (as has lots of guys', really--luka and beal are both shooting ~30% from three, too).

Cookie likes this.
  16. The Rock

I'm not concerned about his availability as much as his effectiveness when he does play. It does take a toll on him when he logs a lot of minutes in the center position and it affects him that was my argument. Last year quite often he was pushed around. At the start of this year he played quite soft too after getting many months of rest during summer to get right.

Again in 2020 we had guys who can take pressure off AD and surrounded him with guys to truly work out a Center by committee approach. McGee to start, Dwight to bring in energy off the bench and AD as the closer. Can we afford that now?

2020 Bubble ring was won under quite questionable circumstances I don't consider that a legit ring. I need to see our fellas replicate that in the usual playoff circumstances

17. The Rock

Sucks for AC

18. LTLakerFan

This s*** again and the laughable declaration. So what? / Or what?

SamsonMiodek, Juronimo and abeer3 like this.
  19. The Rock

Because facts

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...eizes-no-1-ahead-of-nikola-jokic-joel-embiid/

20. LTLakerFan

I was referring to you continuing to declare here that you don’t consider the Bubble championship to be legitimate. Yeah you’ve stated it multiple times. So what? And that the team (with LeBron now two years older as well and an entirely different roster save 4 guys … him, AD, Dwight, THT) needs to win a championship with normal playoffs (and the luck of the draw every team faces with injuries each championship run) to satisfy you. Or what? That’s some whack logic.