Random Other NBA Teams Discussion

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by LTLakerFan, Sep 4, 2016.

1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Doesn't sound like just "contact tracing" protocol to me? More like he actually caught the bug but is one of those it didn't hit too hard? Because of the cardio exam, and the wording, "barring unforeseen setback".

2. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

Yeah he definitely had it. I’m assuming he had a negative test yesterday and has to have one more today to be cleared. So barring a positive test, he’ll play.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  3. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

re: pick hoarding:

okc, gs, ny, and houston all have multiple 1sts this year. only GS (7 and 14) have two good ones, imo. okc has 6, 16, and 18. houston has 2, 23, and 24. ny has 19 and 21.

is everyone really going to keep all these? if you don't keep them, do you roll them over to non-redundant future years? how many times does one do that? if you do keep them all, is their space to develop? does anyone actually want multiple late 1sts over and over?

i just think it's dumb. it hasn't really worked for anyone. future lotto-protected picks are the nba's NFTs.

edit: btw, ny has #32 and okc has #34 and #36. yes, let's add 5-6 rookies or be forced to sell off picks to low bidders on draft night.

wallangong and Wino like this.
  4. LTLakerFan

What's the accounting cap wise on money spent to acquire picks from other teams? Does anyone ever buy 1sts (guessing doesn't happen much?) and then my question about the 2nd rounders?

5. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

[​IMG]

Cookie likes this.
  6. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

late 1sts used to be bought all the time, but lately, it's only 2nd rounders. i don't know what the cap is now, but it used to be 3.5 million, because that's what gs paid for jordan bell when he was the 32nd pick. and i think you can break it up to buy more than one, though, at those prices, how?

7. LTLakerFan

Do you know (or anyone of course) if buying the pick at up to 3.5M or whatever counts against a team's overall cap in addition to what the team would pay that player if they sign him that year?

8. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

looks like the mavs are going to hire kidd as their next hc

abeer3, LTLakerFan and LaVarBallsDad like this.
  9. LTLakerFan

:Sunglassguy:

Now find us an offensive savant for a new assistant. Yikes .... are the 2 meanings spelled the same way. :eek: The good "offensive" of course.

10. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

i don't like kidd as a hc, but dallas is playing an interesting game here, hiring two guys who are likely popular with players. it's what we did with rob in a way, and i think that has worked out pretty well overall (with some hiccups here and there, of course).

11. The Rock

The Rock - Lakers Starter -

Ayton looked useless like Gobert in that 4th Q. Clippers multi positional small ball athletes are getting it done

abeer3 likes this.
  12. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Backdoor sweep coming.

13. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

they've consistently played their best without centers, imo. you'd think the master of adjustments would have picked up on that by now.

suns blew their chance to make this painless. wish paul and crowder went 0-10 from three against us in a closeout game at home.

we'll see if phx can find a way to punish smallball. if not, they're obviously done. i also wonder whether morris/jackson/george can shoot 75% from the floor again. that's insane.

14. LTLakerFan

15. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

I hate when someone is promoting something they drop these click bait takes on other topics that'll drum up talks (and additional chances to promote) of their product.

Latest on this train is Pip. He had his GQ interview last week that ended in a twitter feud with KD. Now this...

Between calling Phil a racist then tripling down on it after Dan gave him outs and chances to walk it back. To calling MJ selfish and downplaying what MJ's return did for the Bulls. To saying how little of an off the court relationship they had. To MJ orchestrated the scripted huddle convo that Kerr was going to take THE shot.

I just can't take any of that seriously this long after the fact and just happens to coincide to when he has a liquor brand launching, popcorn brand launching, and a book coming soon. All of which were promoted during the interview (liquor was next to him in the damn interview). Come on, man.

Weezy, Wino and LTLakerFan like this.
  16. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

the article downplays that possibility and focuses on siakam (very possible, imo).

the article suggests wiseman has a lot of trade value, but i wonder if that's true. usually, when you're ready to move your #2 overall pick one year in for any star-level player, it means you don't think they're that good.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  17. The Showtime Mamba

The Showtime Mamba - Lakers 6th Man -

Pippen is sippin' too much of his own sour (and probably salty) Bourbon. So Phil was a racist and should have let Pippen take the last shot, but instead risked a clutch game to go ahead on some racial agenda????

This man can never acknowledge anybody without factoring in his own legend and narrative. His critical thinking withered all that time in Jordan's shadow. He couldn't even acknowledge that Jordan would have smoked him one on one if they ever played. I mean every successful athlete has a blind spot (I think Shaq has been pretty bad at times), but Pippen just comes across so egregiously with no self-awareness to how he comes across.

Good luck to him, and nothing an athlete says can tarnish his talent and hard work on the court. The hand on the Bourbon bottle looks stupid, and I can't see it selling. Part of me hopes Phil Jordan and KUKOC launch a Bourbon brand and drive him out of the market.

Wino, LTLakerFan and JSM like this.
  18. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

between phil, mj, and scottie, there's not a ton to like, personally. all really good at their respective crafts, all with some pretty serious personality defects.

Juronimo likes this.
  19. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

The GOATs are usually that way in their quest for perfection and because of that, a lot of it gets excused. Kobe was the same way for 95% of his life. Want till his last couple seasons or so that he really started to soften up and let people in and that was because of his girls (I think). You can argue that MJ was the best player ever. That Phil was the best coach or talent/ego manager ever.

But Pip isn't at that level. Might be the best Robin over an extended period. Kobe was Shaq's, then Shaq became Kobe's but that pairing was only for 3 rings. The Bron/Wade dynamic also flipped after their first year together. Pip might be the perimeter defender of all time. At the very least he was for nearly a decad. He was a great player and MJ doesn't have 6 without him, but Mike would've gotten some. Same for Phil... he did, in LA. But I am not sure Pip would've gotten any on his own. Where? When? Who's that team beating? Would he rather have the Barkley, Ewing, Malone, Stockton career? Then I think he'd be salty about not getting rings. It's not a good look this long after the fact.

One more thing on the Phil take, I know Phil got heat from how he worded a comment about Melo when he was in NY and that got a bit of a racist label. But I don't think Phil is racist. Dan's counter regarding Kerr was spot on. And I think we would've heard something from a beat writer out of Chicago or LA or from a player. Nothing. Not a peep. His rocky relationship with Kobe had nothing to do with racism and everything to do with backing the other horse and then the power struggle with a kid who he thought was too cocky and much of a ball hog in his offense. I think they became fairly close when Phil returned.

Also on the potential 1 on 1 battle against MJ... to say that he was ever better than MJ pre-Wizards is delusional. He would've made him work, but in no universe was he ever the better player when they were together.

20. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

pippen's got a memoir coming out soon

not surprised he's saying all these dumb things lately. gotta get attention somehow