Random Other NBA Teams Discussion

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by LTLakerFan, Sep 4, 2016.

1. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i guess so; he certainly has it coming. i just think it's super weird that nobody in this dude's life has gotten to him on this point. but maybe that explains it?

i felt similarly about cousins (different circumstances, same odd lack of self control despite awareness of the problem), but he actually seemed more chilled out to me last year than in previous years. but maybe that was because i didn't see him as much.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  2. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    He won’t get away with flagrant fouls in this league or dirty plays, so if won’t police himself, it will be done for him in some fashion.

Be a shame to lose a multi-million dollar a year gig because you’re an immature fool.

LTLakerFan and abeer3 like this.
  3. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

right; give me that guy's body and i carve out a ten-year career and secure the financial future of my great grandchildren. it's just weird.

LTLakerFan and sirronstuff like this.
  4. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Cookie likes this.
  5. sirronstuff

sign that guy (The laughing cracks me up)

Wino and LTLakerFan like this.
  6. LTLakerFan

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  7. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
  8. sirronstuff

Telfair sentenced to 3.5 years in prison. Illegal gun charge. Again.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27375028/ex-nbaer-telfair-sentenced-35-years-prison

Former NBA player Sebastian Telfair has been sentenced to three and a half years in prison for illegal gun possession, Brooklyn's district attorney announced Monday.

Telfair, 34, was convicted in April of one count of second-degree criminal possession of a weapon, which stemmed from an arrest in January 2017. Police found firearms including a semi-automatic rifle, ammunition, a ballistic vest and marijuana inside a vehicle Telfair was driving during a traffic stop in Brooklyn.

"This defendant exercised his right to a jury trial and was found guilty of possessing an illegal firearm," district attorney Eric Gonzalez said in a statement. "The mandatory prison sentence he received today is required by law and he has now been held accountable for the unlawful conduct."

Telfair was a first-round draft pick in 2004. He started with the Portland Trail Blazers and spent time with the Boston C Bags, Minnesota Timberwolves and other teams before ending his career in China in 2014.

Telfair was also arrested in 2007 after a traffic stop when police found a loaded handgun in the vehicle. He pleaded guilty to criminal possession of a weapon and was sentenced to three years of probation in that case.

9. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

sirronstuff likes this.
  10. LTLakerFan

But .... but .... coach Pop? Guess even he needs stars to win. Maybe they'll gell. Maybe Lord Jason will put the team on his shoulders.

sirronstuff and Cookie like this.
  11. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

sirronstuff and Cookie like this.
  12. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

We're letting Pop use our facility? f*** that, go train in Texas.
    Also, Tatum is freakin tall.

13. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Team USA might not dominate like the used to. International teams are getting better and the top talent guys are pulling out to preserve their bodies for the NBA season.

sirronstuff and abeer3 like this.
  14. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

team usa is weaker again, as would be expected. but i think other national teams are having similar issues. also, my dad and i were discussing the other day, and the mini golden age for some of those teams (spain, greece, argentina, lithuania) seems sort of over. much fewer stars and less continuity.

sirronstuff likes this.
  15. alam1108

I think France and Serbia are on the come up. Countries that have NBA level big men have always given USA troubles and France/Serbia have very good ones.

Team USA is lacking that player that can perform under pressure and when it matters. I have a feeling they will crumble under pressure with too many young guys with something to prove and not enough vets that know their roles and play it well.

abeer3 likes this.
  16. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

this is what pop is for, right?

17. alam1108

It is. Kerr is there too. But they can only coach so much until the game is actually played. Can you expect Kemba Walker and Brook Lopez to be the steading hand? We do have a ton of athletic wings that can just out "athlete" other teams

18. sirronstuff

US basketball is deep with talent, but most top level guys have pulled out. Too much money at stake now to take a chance on overuse injury. Do you give up the potential of a 100 million contract when if you get injured when you view a Gold Medal as 2nd tier to an NBA Championship anyways?

NOPE.

But this accentuates how important chemistry and fit is when putting together a team. Any team with players just thrown together will struggle to find their roles right away. Losses like this are key in order for needed changes to occur. Players need to decide on a pecking order and choose who will be deferring. With our best teams it was always obvious who the Alphas were.

Who is that on this team? I don't any clear cut pecking order, and a team of relative nobodies used to playing whatever role was asked or needed from them just beat a superior team based on talent. They will either pull it together or get embarrassed. But the days of feeling "honored" to play for the US National Team are probably going away unless you're a young guy trying to make your mark.

19. LTLakerFan

The Dream Teams came, they saw, they conquered and now poof they're gone again. Maybe in Olympic years more upper level guys will still show up?

20. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    One thing to take note is

in the NBA talent is more important than chemistry because teams operate within "the same set of rules" and everything except talent and chemistry is the same.

internationally chemistry is more important than talent because the calls are different, FIBA rules are slightly different etc...so in that context, chemistry is suddenly more important than talent. Team USA has had sooooo much more talent, that they have overcome chemistry/rules deficits in the past. Right now their talent advantage might probably be lower than their chemistry disadvantages.

sirronstuff likes this.