Rajon Rondo Discussion: He's A Cleveland Cavalier

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

Bye bye.

KareemtheGreat33 likes this.
  2. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

Cookie likes this.
  3. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

We would be doing him a favor. I'm all for Rondo coming back as a coach at some point, but maybe we can get something out of this right now so... why not?

lakerjones likes this.
  4. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Man, we’re gonna miss him when we need someone like him. Theres plenty of other guys we could deal to free up space, then again its a money saving move… “all in” right?

Oh wait, Cavs, you need a PG? Can I interest you in Westbrook? Say for Love and Mobley

5. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

abeer3, pika1708 and alam1108 like this.
  6. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

Ahahahah really laughed

7. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

Go for it Rob

upload_2021-12-31_11-34-43.png

8. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

I don’t hate it, but I don’t like it either. We would be going from a collection of too many guards to one of too many PFs. Also, I’m very Luke Warm when it comes to Markannen’s game.

9. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

i wonder what indy would ask for in exchange for sabonis and brogdon

10. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Anthony Davis. I would actually consider AD and WB in a package for Sabonis, Brog and Turner. Not sure 100% but defiantly consider it.

alam1108 and FrontOfJersey22 like this.
  11. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Only way Rondo will ever be a head coach is if he gets a Tim Duncan like star on his team. Rondo would ruin any crybaby generation player from now until the future.

LTLakerFan and FrontOfJersey22 like this.
  12. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

:Laugh:

13. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
  14. Alcindor

Where was Rondo going to get playing time? We haven't even seen Kendrick Nunn this year, another "combo" guard but he brings speed, offense, and adequate defense and is definitely going to see playing time. With Lebron, Russ, Avery, Nunn (Collison if they keep him) and even THT, all ball-handlers, Rondo wasn't going to see much action. Hell, they were DNP'ing him when most of the team was out his month. This isn't the '19-'20 season when he played 20+ minutes a game and continued into the playoffs. We weren't going to be seeing RR in the playoffs barring catastrophic injuries.

Cookie and LTLakerFan like this.
  15. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

I don't like this deal at all. It's Rondo for Stan Jo. We desperately need Stanley and I want him locked up. It was obvious to everyone in the known world that signing 10 guards under 6-4 was a bad idea. A worse idea was refusing to acknowledge that we needed any additional wing or D from the position until mid December.

This one is on poor roster building in the summer and is why so many were yelling at the skys for us to add Ennis before the season started. Is this Rob's way of punishing Bron and AD for the Russ trade? He can't do anything about that one but he can take Rondo from them.

Rondo will be missed. Not a lot of PGs can sit for extended periods, you can dust them off after sitting 6-7 games and they can give you a meaningful 8 minute run. AD said he was his favorite PG that he's ever played with and he truly was an AD whisperer. He and AR had a good mentor-pupil relationship, as well.

You can't tell me he fell off, the Bubble Championship was only 14 months ago and without him, we don't win. So not only do we lose playoff Rondo, we lose coach Rondo. Frank is light on strategic minds on the coaching staff. Not sure what Fiz is. Handy is a development guy. Vogel's specialty is D. Also, when you need Russ to stop shooting or when you need AD to man the f*** up in a series, who do you think has that conversation with that star in the locker room? That's Rondo.

I think we failed by moving Rondo instead of waiting 2 weeks and attaching Baze and/or DJ in the THT deal. As long as anyone is out with covid, we could've offered Stanley up to 2 more 10 day hardship deals. That would take us to the THT trade window. You're telling me that we couldn't even get a future 2nd out of the deal? Also we're assuming this is for Stanley Johnson. It'd be very on brand with this year's team if it was for Collison instead. Rob might have finally realized Stan is over 6-4 and it's time for him to go.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
  16. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

I’m not sure but I think any team could offer Stan a regular guaranteed contract after his 10 day is up with us. So it’s not a slam dunk that he’d be available for another 10 day deal.

17. Alcindor

Rondo wouldn't play anyway because we have Russ. His playtime this year is coming from widespread injury. As for locker room, Rondo's been doing a hell of job of telling AD to man up and Russ not to shoot so far. He didn't do much @ Atlanta or the Clips, where was playoff Rondo, getting benched in the Phoenix series? Would it be wild to guess a 35 year-old may have fell off? With double-digit injuries since the bubble?

18. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

They (the Bulls) could. But I would hope that Rob would've sat Stan down and explained the plan. I think waiting an extra week or two would seem worth it when you can be in LA and play for the Lakers.

I would be surprised if teams are banging down his door right now. He had to start out with our D- League team just to prove he was ready for a NBA call up. He's a perfect fit for what we need and what we're asking out of him. Most teams would be asking more out of him and he wouldn't be in the position to look nearly as good.

19. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

So injuries and covid are going to go on pause for the playoffs? That's awfully nice of the virus
    You don't break out your cinematic half time speech in f***ing December.

One team fell a** backwards into the playoffs and against a bruised and battered East. Hawks had different plans and then accidentally found themselves competitive at the end of the season.

We're sticking up for the s*** show/blame everyone but Kawhi and PG for everything Clippers?! There's a long list of players they've left in the cold and blamed for everything on the way out.

[​IMG]

20. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

JSM, I think you aren’t looking at Rondo’s point of view. He goes from being glued to the bench, to being a big part of Cleveland’s rotation - who are a playoff team this year.

I’m sure he is very interested in more playing time and still believes he can contribute.

Cavs probably contacted us and we took it to Rondo and he was keen on the move.