Paul George Discussion

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by therealdeal, Feb 23, 2017.

1. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Media is REALLY reaching for the story here. :D

raviator, TIME, Weezy and 5 others like this.
  2. Lakers2015

Lakers2015 - Lakers Starter -

They look way, way better in purple and gold.

Cookie likes this.
  3. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

Seriously dude, a guard is a guard there's not many of these pure pg like cp3 anymore n the way westbrook plays, hes more of a sg anyways

John3:16 likes this.
  4. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Ball
    Westbrook
    George
    Ingram
    Randle

hahahahahaha. 5 ball handling ball players all on the court at the same time.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  5. Lakerman JSJ

Lakerman JSJ Moderator Staff Member

Did they seriously already forget about the last & better duo Westbrook was a part of?

6. RushDelivery

RushDelivery - Rookie -

The media has already started to spread their narrative that PG should stay in OKC to remain part of a dynamic duo. Not surprising considering the overall anti-Lakers bias across the NBA.

scnottaken, abeer3, Cookie and 4 others like this.
  7. LakerFanIam

LakerFanIam - Lakers 6th Man -

I heard a report that the Thunder basically traded the same package of players that they aquired in the Serge Ibaka trade.. I haven't confirmed this. If true, they made out like bandits, Wow.
    & unloading Olidipo's horrible contract in the process, nice move by their FO, IMO.
    Even if PG bolts after a Year.

8. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

My apologies if my comments aren't PG-13, butt it needs to be said. The Lakers deal didn't get Kevin's prickhard so I'm going to assume, dude is a softie for receiving as opposed to giving.

This guy's ego must have gotten so big that it just shattered his spine, cause dude has no backbone and justification to walk on. PG in the most gracious way possible implied that he was going to leave Indiana when he had the ability to do so. He didn't demand a trade...instead he was honorable in saying that Indy needs to get competitive for him to stick around and the trade deadline came and went.

Indy got swept in the playoffs but made it competitive against the Cavs losing by an average of 4 points. Bird could have done a trade deadline deal to either get George help or move him for a rebuild or even possibly a reboot and elected to do neither. The day the Pacers got eliminated, nearly all of the media in Indy wrote something to the effect of PG needing to be traded "now". Instead, the Pacers decided to keep sitting on their disgruntled star.

Bird then unexpectedly steps down and people insinuated that Bird didn't have the balls to pull of a PG trade so now his lackey would. Still nothing.

Then roughly a month after the Pacers were eliminated from the playoffs, the All-NBA teams were announced and any sliver of hope the Pacers had in retaining George with a lucrative DPE super-max deal, fizzled out when PG's name wasn't found on that roster. Once again the local media howled to trade PG "now". But nope. Lets continue to stand pat.

Another month goes by and Pritchard is making comments about how the would reload around George instead of deal him away. And that was the last straw. George via his agent publicly states that he would have nothing to do with the Pacers once he the ability to opt out. This is the first time, LA is mentioned from PG via his agent. In effect, this is what essentially drove his value down, but nearly a year after George insinuated that Indy was on the bubble.

If George opting to exercise his free agency options (even after giving fair warning that he was going to do so) is a gut-punch to Prichard, then what exactly does this OKC deal do for him? A butt-punch.

David West has been the last notable free agent player that has come to Indy. The way they treated George will surely affect how free agents look at Indy as an option. Enjoy mediocrity Indy and as a Laker fan we know exactly how it looks cause we had an inept, out of touch FO that is now holding your FO's beer gut.
    /rant

9. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

It is the same package.

10. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Side note. Good stuff that Tapatalk finally added Twitter support. Carry on now...
    :D

Battle Tested20 and Barnstable like this.
  11. Lakers2015

Lakers2015 - Lakers Starter -

Nets got more for Brook Lopez than the Pacers did for Paul George.

Let that sink in lol.

12. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    Vasashi is a poet and I didn't even know it.

13. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

not sure whether this means the OKC FO is comprised of pure geniuses

or if it reveals that pritchard and the pacers FO is one of the most incompetent we've seen in the NBA this decade

either way, i'm having fun seeing pacers fans **** all over this deal and pritchard

14. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

Its tje same except odalipo was on his rookie deal then, okc just dump a fat one on indy now vic ext kicked in lol

15. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

To me Bird comes off like an arrogant, stubborn a-hole if George told him he was leaving and he really did reject that Boston offer for him at the deadline, and then went and stepped down. Pritchard comes off like a moron who took a crappy deal to spite the Lakers and not keep George in the East and get a better package. There's no way you can tell me Boston didn't have a better offer, and there's no way you could convince me that Randle, Clarkson and 2 first round picks isn't better than Oladipo and Sabonis.

Kenzo, 432J, Cookie and 3 others like this.
  16. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Randle OR Clarkson and those two late 1sts was better than the deal they took. Oladipo on a massive contract and a bum PF? No picks? Yikes!

Kenzo, 432J, Cookie and 3 others like this.
  17. SFGOLDRUSHER

SFGOLDRUSHER - Lakers Starter -

Master Optimist.
    Boston fans are probably super pissed at Bird. Praying he'll stick with your team is one thing, after you realized it's not happening you figure you'd help your former team if anything lol.

This is great.

18. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Honestly, I thought about that about an hour or so after the trade. I just thought, what if they're just grabbing him so they can flip him? Maybe they package him with Adams contract just to cap dump. Like send him to the Bucks with Adams for Monroe's expiring and Middleton to give the Bucks a punchers chance in the East. Heck, even if they KNOW he's leaving, they could take Randle and Clarkson from us and make out like bandits.

19. SFGOLDRUSHER

SFGOLDRUSHER - Lakers Starter -

Master Optimist.
    If Kanter didn't have a player option next year... I'd trade them Clarkson and Brewer if they gave us a unprotected first.

20. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Liking the title change.

:Headbang:

From the depths of LVBD's funk comes inspiration and humor for LakersBall.

:Crazyartest: