NBA Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by wcsoldier81, May 20, 2021.

1. The Rock

The Rock - Lakers Starter -

3 random thoughts

1) Holliday played like crap the whole game until the end. He would've been crucified if they had lost. They ponied up 3 first round picks for him. Goes to show how BOS wasted their picks

2) Morey must be frustrated out of his mind that he inherited a guy like Ben Simmons who can't shoot. MDA eliminated tonight, let's see if Doc and Moreyball survives tomorrow.

3) I don't mind rooting for CP, I think he's paid his dues. But I see Milwaukee winning it all anyways

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    TIME, alam1108 and Weezy like this.
  2. puffyusaf#2

puffyusaf#2 - Lakers Starter -

Author of "Just a Thought"
    I really want the Suns to destroy the Anaheim Clippers. The Bucks to come out of the East and destroy the Suns. This would be the only "win" I would find in this playoffs.

Wino, LTLakerFan, TIME and 7 others like this.
  3. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

Glad to see Griffin and James " the disgrace for the game of B-ball" Haren out .

I'm very surprised the Bucks won given their weaknesses in close games AND the way this game was called

TIME, Cookie, gcclaker and 3 others like this.
  4. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I forgot about Blake, that’s icing on the cake! The Blake Griffin never reaching a conference finals streak continues.

Wino, TIME, Cookie and 2 others like this.
  5. Weezy

6. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

Yeah I keep track on every prick/b**** remaining in the playoffs .

Blake is a dirty one.

Homeless guy who costed our season on ATL

Simmons/Embiid/Cry me a rivers

Crowder/Booker/CP

Beverley/ anti Lakers communication

LTLakerFan and abeer3 like this.
  7. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

So... Kevin Durant is really good at basketball. His scoring ability post-Achilles injury is remarkable. From everyone wandering if he was going to even be an all star level player when coming back to his game 5 that'll live in the history books to last night, literally his shoe was a couple inches from that wild shot being a 3 and sending the Bucks home.

Thinking about this last night...I really wonder what his legacy will be 10-15 years from now. The Jump to GS, then this "super team," and to a lesser extent his pettiness on Twitter and tense relationship with the media. I think those are really going to factor in and water down how we think about him. This was all self induced. What's wild is it could've easily gone very different. He's such an elite talent, he didn't need either of these teams. Him plus one other guy with a team centered around their strengths is enough. I don't blame him for leaving OKC, but not wanting to compete or try... that's weak and tarnished his legacy regardless of ring count, I think.

Wino, LTLakerFan, TIME and 4 others like this.
  8. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

same as lebron during the heat era, pre-return to cleveland, imo. kd's weird heel-turn from quiet assassin to "beefing with nerds on the internet as a fake other nerd on the internet" will always confoud me. as you said, it's like he decided to become a villain for no real reason. the gs titles are cheap, and nets titles will be as cheap. the only way to fully rehab the legacy would be to do something like lebron did--rehab two franchises without engineering a triple-star juggernaut.

i'm shocked at how well he's played, post-achilles, though. thought there was no way we'd see what we just saw from him in a playoff series.

9. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

I don't even think the Bron formula would save him. He'd have to go to DC and he doesn't have the ties to the city that the kid from Akron had to Cleveland. So that wouldn't be as special. Then to go revitalize a historic franchise and get them a ring... who would that even be? Knicks? I also think the how Bron shouldered the responsibility of honoring Kobe AND won that year. I think it's a perfect storm to be enshrined as a beloved Laker. Something I'd never think was possible 3-4 years ago. He was my most hated superstar in the game.

Saw this just now...

So if he just wore his actual size, they'd still be on the road to the ship. Damn.

10. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

The ONLY storyline worth following with what potentially could have been a Brooklyn-The Other L.A. Team Finals is Griffin going all out to show-up Ballmer after his acrimonious departure...

LTLakerFan and abeer3 like this.
  11. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

I thought someone posted this earlier, but then I realized it’s just identical to the garbage he pulled in Game 6. Plays like this are why I don’t want to hear a word of sympathy for Harden playing through the hamstring injury. If you’re healthy enough to throw your legs forward on a 3 (pretty risky play in itself), then you don’t get to talk about playing on one leg.

BigDan24, LTLakerFan, TIME and 6 others like this.
  12. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

I mean making it to the end. I think that might be synonymous with carrying the team on the strength of ability at this point since availability is the most important ability.

abeer3 likes this.
  13. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

We're not done though. We still need more anti-jinx power.

Paul George will carry the Clippers to their first ring!

14. Weezy

Yeah, Paul George is aweome, totally clutch and not a loser.

15. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i'll try it:

the clippers are in perfect position. the pressure is completely off them without kawhi, and some vets like reggie jackson and batum know this is probably their last best shot at a title (and perhaps for each, a substantial payday this summer). they're in attack mode instead of being afraid to lose like last year. most of their support players are vets, compared with phx, which is a nursery, and milwaukee, who basically employs 5.5 nba players with divincenzo out.

i'm not sure how one could bet against them at this point. terance mann going 15-21 from the field is "team of destiny" type stuff. much like the lakers last year, the third star by committee is unfolding each night, maybe patrick beverly scores 25 today. maybe marcus morris scores 40. you simply don't know and thus can't prepare.

now that they realize they can just play small all the time and not bother with their biggest roster weakness (center), the governor is off and the jig is up.

16. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

He’s also totally not going to break his leg again in gruesome fashion.

Weezy, LTLakerFan and TIME like this.
  17. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

Philly fans are such an angry lot but I can't blame them... Two years in a row flame-out in the postseason. This time as the No. 1 seed.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  18. Azndude2190

Azndude2190 - Lakers 6th Man -

Ben Simmons reminds me of basically the Lakers, but represented as a player. Great in transition and on defense, horrible anywhere outside the paint and can't hit FTs.

shoe likes this.
  19. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

:clap: :rofl: .... winner anti jinx of the year

20. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Doc is a joke

LTLakerFan, JSM and Cookie like this.