NBA Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by wcsoldier81, May 20, 2021.

1. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

i'm not sure utah doesn't win out, though, and game 1 was without mitchell.

i missed this. zinger's kind of a d******. i think folks get fooled because he's white and blonde and european, but he's got a lot more in common with stephen jackson than he does with dirk nowitzki.

LTLakerFan, Wino and Cookie like this.
  2. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

Isn't Portland fed up with playing the same weak defensive backcourt for 7-8 seasons ? I guess they're just happy to make the playoffs .

At one point , you have to try to trade CJ for a bigger and better defensive player

abeer3 likes this.
  3. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

it's tough because his offense is a big part of why lillard doesn't have to face hard doubles ALL the time. and they've been more successful than they should have been with those two as the primary stars (and no "third star"). when you're in a smaller market and your star is happy there, i'm not sure you fundamentally alter your moderately successful formula.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  4. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

Miami goes out in a whimper... Milwaukee exorcises its demons. Well, Riles...no injury excuses this time, yes?

Gallinari has a stupid hairstyle.

abeer3 likes this.
  5. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

sucks milwaukee lost divincenzo. he's not great, but he's a good role player who starts for them, and they thrive on continuity, imo.

was hoping they could bother the nets.

Weezy, LTLakerFan and Cookie like this.
  6. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student

Lmao, one of the most likeable things Kyrie’s done in years!

Wino, tada, 432J and 2 others like this.
  7. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

What the hell is wrong with fans today, throwing all kinds of stuff at players? I disagree with Kyrie though, it has nothing to do with racism. You s*** on them and they want to s*** on you. Same reason Kyrie stomped all over the C Bags logo. It’s not racist, you just hate Boston.

TIME, tada, abeer3 and 2 others like this.
  8. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Boston is pretty damn racist. And it’s been allowed to be ok and more out in the open the last handful of years more than it had been for a while, so I don’t necessarily disagree with him here. Even if he stomped on their stupid leprechaun, people are idiots and childish to throw things.

abeer3 and Helljumper like this.
  9. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    Right, so Boston has a well known reputation for having racist sports fans. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. And I am happy that this is becoming a discussion point because obviously I hate the C Bags and want their franchise back in the gutter where they belong.

Danny Ainge had some really dumb comments about this topic. Claiming that this would hurt Boston in free agency but that he had never heard any racism in all his years in Boston. Sorry... but a 62 year old white man who is currently still incentivized by denying the town’s racism is going to have a biased perspective. And his own players have admitted that they have witnessed racism from their own fans.

With that said ... yeah, there’s nothing inherently racist about C Bags fans hating Kyrie. I see it very similar to the vitriol we felt towards Dwight until our reunion. He talked the talk that he was invested in their franchise, and then abandoned them in free agency. Fans are justified in hating on him from here on out. (Although, who knows, maybe he experienced some racism which is why he wanted out in the first place).

And Jaylen Brown (as much as I hate the C Bags, Brown and Tatum seem like genuinely good kids with a lot of talent and leadership) had the perfect commentary. He said that this is an important discussion and there is racism across the sports world, including Boston, that needs to be addressed. BUT... he wasn’t happy with the way Kyrie brought it up in the context of a playoff series. It did seem like Kyrie had ulterior motives and primarily brought that up to stir things up in the middle of the playoffs.

432J, Cookie, abeer3 and 1 other person like this.
  10. wcsoldier81

Not a good weekend , blowouts one after the other

Cookie likes this.
  11. AussieLaker87

AussieLaker87 - Rookie -

Kyrie has a condescending attitude towards everybody. He feels as if he is so much smarter, so much more superior, and way more generous than anybody else. Of course he would deliberately bring the issue of race into it just to (try to) censor C Bags fans who are p*ssed off that he said he would re-sign, but then walked for nothing.

Boston does have racial issues, but Kyrie is what we would call in Australia 'a flog'.

12. AussieLaker87

AussieLaker87 - Rookie -

I hate the C Bags as much as anybody on this forum, but at the end of the day, they are a storied franchise in our game with a lot of legends (many being African American). Kyrie is such a flog.

13. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

yeah, i really don't think boston fans' hatred of kyrie has anything to do with racism. i agree with @Helljumper that its much like how lakers fans felt towards dwight after he left to houston. boston no doubt has issues with racist fans, but this incident i don't think fits that category

that stomp on the logo though

[​IMG]

14. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Seriously WTF is going on with the fans this post season? After being stuck inside for a year did people suddenly forget how to behave in public?

Players have been spit on, water bottles have been thrown at them, popcorn dumped on them. This is getting out of hand. They're asking for another Palace incident.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    Cookie likes this.
  15. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

I wish NBA had some of this...

No beer throwing, popcorn dumping would be necessary... players would pee themselves shooting FT's :D

BigDan24 likes this.
  16. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

^^^ Holy crap where's a fire marshall? .... looks like a disaster waiting to happen. (1st impression only watched about 30 seconds)

Cookie likes this.
  17. Kenzo

No idea man, was always wondering that myself :) i'm 99% sure it's not allowed by the rules... nothing ever happend though (also 99% sure about that) ;)

Cookie likes this.
  18. Kenzo

No Harden, no problem. The Nets are freakin stacked. Possible Nets - Tennants Finals make me wanna puke.

Weezy likes this.
  19. wcsoldier81

One game , Jrue and Middleton will be better and Griffin won't play like this every game .

Bucks coach will remain bad though

20. Kenzo

We've been saying that all season. Nets don't play any D. Their coaching staff sucks. There's only one ball, etc. They'll be in the Finals, book it.