NBA Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by wcsoldier81, May 20, 2021.

1. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

2. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i'm not sure how it hurts paul, tbh. he was the only guy on his squad to really show up last night, imo.

upload_2021-7-21_13-42-40.png

i guess crowder was out there making plays, but booker got basically erased--and that was with the refs letting him stiffarm on every drive--and ayton got exposed in several ways (as he would have if we had AD).

my money says people will look back at this phx team and wonder how they made the finals. then they'll consult the opponents' injuries and be like...oh.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  3. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

People will say he always comes up short - either gets hurt or simply does not deliver. I'm not saying whether this is accurate or not, we can certainly debate that. But he came to the brink of the ultimate success, and failed to win after he was up 2-0.

lakerjones and abeer3 like this.
  4. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

possibly. i just think more people will be impressed that that roster got there. sort of how we feel about lebron's cavs in 2007.

5. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

no way middleton or holiday are superstars. they're all-star caliber, but not superstars. superstars are guys like bron, AD, curry, kawhi, lillard, luka, etc. middleton and holiday would fall in the second tier

i think the 19 raptors are a good comparable with this bucks team. 19 raptors had a superstar in kawhi and an all-star caliber guard in lowry

6. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Nobody on LeBron's Cavs was scoring 40 twice in the Finals like Booker. This Suns squad has flaws but they are not '07 Cavs bad. That squad was LeBron and the 11 Stooges. From this Suns team I'll take Booker over CP3 if I can only have one of them. My point is that Cp3 is not even the best player on the team, or it as least debatable. There is no debate about who was best on that Cavs team.

7. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i'm still not sold on booker, tbh. i know he converted a lot of folks this year, but i think that was paul, too, if that makes sense.

mil decided to move holiday over to him a bunch and just iso him up defensively and he shut him down.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and JSM like this.
  8. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

It's a complex issue. There are a lot of different factors that determine legacy. Ultimately, most of the factors when it comes to Chris Paul boil down to this: He's a little b****.

9. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

Thought experiment: swap Zeke and CP3 on their respective championship contending teams. What are the results?

abeer3 likes this.
  10. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

titles reversed. the pistons aside from IT had better teams than paul's ever had, imo.

Punk-101 likes this.
  11. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

CP3's legacy won't be hurt as he has been the Teflon Don of the NBA for 10+ years .

Thing is you have to score a lot in today's NBA as a dominant guard and as a top2 player of your team .

Always has been CP3 weakness , the 19-20 pts he usually averages isn't going to work as a 2nd option.

Too much of a tradionnal PG "mindset" at times and has not the stamina and size to be a better scorer