NBA Playoffs 2023 Discussion

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by sirronstuff, Apr 10, 2023.

1. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

there are only two teams i consider to be the lakers rivals: the C Bags and the spurs

the clippers are a geographic rival but that's the extent of it (for now)

2. Magic Skywalker

Magic Skywalker - Rookie -

It's funny because they won't stop bringing us up for stupid thing like that, and then we have Malone be like "they only talk about the Lakers".

Meanwhile, you just need to look at the last few pages of this thread and most of us Lakers fan are just like "Congrats Nuggets! Jokic is amazing! That was a great run!"

No matter how many stupid things some of them say, I will praise their run, and I will celebrate their stars, who so far have been classy guy (Jokic is kinda hilarious losing the trophy though). I mean, I don't give a damn about Malone or that guy.

But if they want a harsh truth: We can celebrate their titles because they're very far from being considered a rival for us. As 432J said, our only real rival is Boston, and maybe San Antonio because they earned it in a hard fought decade. If Boston wins a title, then I'm mad no matter how good their run was and no matter how much I may like their players. And if they win and say stuff like this, then I'm probably getting mad for the disrespect. But, I don't know, seeing these Nuggets guys bring us up during their parade is... almost kinda cute. I can't even get mad at them. Enjoy your parade, go watch some nice Nuggets highlights from this POs run, go and be proud of now having a real banner hanging from the rafters forever. I really don't recommend thinking about the Lakers during your glory days, to be honest.

3. The Laker Link 3.0

The Laker Link 3.0 - Rookie -

Disney Cast Member
    Like I said, Hooray for Gordon. Slight hoorays for Jokic and Murray. Meh for KCP. FRICK MALONE.

not sure when we ran over his son or whatever, but like….the dude has a vendetta and it’s weird. We could care less over here

ElginTheGreat, SamsonMiodek and 4dm68 like this.
  4. 4dm68

4dm68 - Rookie -

Why do you want Aaron Gordon to win one so much? And comparing him to Barkley? Aren't they on different levels? Barkley was one of the best at his position to never win one and his whole team was on his back.

Not arguing just wanted to see your point of view.

sirronstuff likes this.
  5. 4dm68

4dm68 - Rookie -

He is correct, no one give a damn about the Nuggets, the second day after they won it, most of the Fox sports shows went on vacation. You know if it's the Lakers won, they would stay on an extra week with coverage.

I like everything Malone have said, hopefully it light a fire under the FO a** to find us the best pieces and also light the fire under Ham a** to motivate him to do better next year and light a fire under the Lakers players and Lebron to go out and kill the Nuggets next year.

6. PurpleAndGold88

PurpleAndGold88 - Lakers 6th Man -

of course nobody gives a damn about the small market nuggets, what have they done ever to deserve attention ? They had a good season, good job but damn he should shut up already, act like you’ve been there . 10 bucks says he will be fired in 2-3 yrs . And no they are not repeating, you guys all can laugh at me if they repeated next yr I’ll take my punishment with pleasure! But it ain’t happening.

I’ll Take a 6 months ban if they repeat .

Last edited: Jun 15, 2023
  7. Taco Tuesday 24x8

Taco Tuesday 24x8 - Rookie -

In a way it’s similar to the “rally ‘round the flag effect” that leaders use in political science. It’s a way to get more support and also his way to stay relevant as we’ve always stopped the nuggets whenever they make the wcfs.

It’s ok, let’s give him the spotlight in the limelight for now. Championship-winning or title-contending coaches aren't safe in the NBA these days. Nick Nurse (2019), Mike Budenholzer (2021), and 2021 Western Conference champion/2022 Coach of the Year Monty Williams were all fired shortly after their spotlight.

TIME and The Laker Link 3.0 like this.
  8. The Laker Link 3.0

The Laker Link 3.0 - Rookie -

Disney Cast Member
    Barkley was a bad choice. Blake Griffin might have been a better choice.

either way, I just like him as a player. Felt like he was good. Felt like he was doing good on Orlando even with Fultz and all that and so to me he was just someone I thought “I hope that guy can get a ring one day.”

I felt like his chances were really good going to Denver. So yay.

but like, I hope Dame gets one soon, somehow. And Blake Griffin and CP3 would be nice to see them get rings. Just, I’d want Blake to NOT win with the C Bags.

Taco Tuesday 24x8 likes this.
  9. PurpleAndGold88

PurpleAndGold88 - Lakers 6th Man -

10. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

game 7 of the 2010 finals was 13 years ago today

11. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

The most intense and stressful game as a Lakers fan .

Down 13 in the 3rd with a Euroleague type of score , I smashed and broke my TV remote control against the wall very early in the morning .

My mom woke up and told me : "Something is wrong with you , go to a doctor"

Great memories

12. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
  13. sk2408

sk2408 - Rookie -

The 2010 Finals really were the end of an era in the NBA. The last old school Finals with both teams playing two bigs and trying to bully each other in the paint. All those 90s draft guys trying to get one more ring (I know Pau was 2001). It’s fitting it was Lakers/C Bags to end that era, I feel like there hasn’t been a legit NBA rivalry since then. LeBron goes to Miami a few weeks later and everything changes.

14. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

:Laugh:

wcsoldier81 and sirronstuff like this.
  15. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

game 7 ended 83-79. you'll never see another score in a finals game like that again

Cookie and FrontOfJersey22 like this.
  16. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

DudeBro Griffin? Nah, he can stay a loser. His stupid looks after dunks were just annoying. CP3, being one of the biggest floppers, as well as one of the dirtiest players of all time is extremely unlikeable. I hope the Flippers waste cap money, and the opportunity to sign players who will be healthy come playoffs on him.