NBA Playoffs 2023 Discussion

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by sirronstuff, Apr 10, 2023.

1. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

Well deserved, not much to add.

alam1108, Panko, lakerjones and 2 others like this.
  2. Bryant

Bryant - Lakers 6th Man -

Idk if it was today's game, I'd go with the guy who just won a ring and no one could stop him and I'd take all those Lakers bigs over Duncan because I'm biased.

:Brows:

I think it's nice to see a big man become the best player in the game when everyone thought you needed Steph Curry 2.0 to dominate today's NBA. Reminds me of the old Shaq-Kobe days.

Panko likes this.
  3. The Laker Link 3.0

The Laker Link 3.0 - Rookie -

Carvana/ADESA
    As “happy” as I am for Denver, I think I’m more happy for Gordon. I feel like he definitely deserved the ring.

congrats to the Nuggets

abeer3 and LTLakerFan like this.
  4. ADKOBE

ADKOBE - Lakers 6th Man -

Congratulations to the nuggets, and fu malone you little b**** a** midget.

5. LA Bron

LA Bron - Rookie -

Eh, of all time? No.

I give Denver their flowers tonight. They were the most complete team and it really was that way all season.

• 8 seed T-Wolves? Who cares? They were the 1 seed, that is the matchup they earned.
    • 4 seed Suns. I mean they did play Devin Booker and Kevin Durant.
    • 7 seed Lakers, yes, but the same Lakers that wiped the 2 seed Grizzlies.
    • 8 seed Heat, sure, but again... same Heat that beat the 1 and 2 seeds in the East.

They earned their ring, like all champions and deserve the respect tonight.

Now next year, hopefully we can retool, LeBron is healthier and we take them out.

Zoyd Wheeler, TIME, Bryant and 9 others like this.
  6. Magic Skywalker

Magic Skywalker - Rookie -

I kinda agree with LA Bron here. The Suns were not an easy team to beat (and they did manage to take two games from the Nuggets), as much as I dislike that team. The Heat and us were definitely not 8th and 7th seed caliber team.

Is it the toughest run or something like that? Oh hell nah, not even close. But it's not like they won because it was a walk in the park or something like that.

I'm happy for Denver. For the most part, I'm glad a new city has the chance to celebrate a championship. I have a Nuggets fan who has been supporting the team I believe since Alex English was still playing, and I am happy he finally gets to enjoy a championship.

Nikola Jokic is absolutely phenomenal. I think he definitely proved he's the best player in the world right now and even elevated his game even more come POs time.

Congrats to the Nuggets. But of course. Hopefully we can come back stronger next year and get that 18th banner.

TIME, LA Bron, Bryant and 4 others like this.
  7. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

Good for the Nuggets.

Jokic deserves this one. He’s a hell of a player.

Zoyd Wheeler, alam1108, TIME and 7 others like this.
  8. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

congrats to the nuggets. they were the best team in the league all season long. feels better knowing we lost to the eventual champions

9. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

Congrats to The Joker, Murray and KCP. I like all three of these dudes. Hilarious how DJ gets a Ring before CP3, and Griffin. Highly likely the other two won’t get one.

Bryant, sirronstuff, Cookie and 5 others like this.
  10. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    Jokic is lucky to even be playing in the NBA, Denver only won because everyone else was injured!!!

[​IMG]

sirronstuff, Panko and abeer3 like this.
  11. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

Some playoffs advanced stats :

-Denver had the best offensive rating for a champ ( 119.5) since the Lakers in 87 ( 119.9 , crazy since the 3pts shot didn't matter back then)

- Cavs lost in 17 with the best offensive rating for a finalist or champ from 80 to 2023 : 120.3 !!!

- Denver won the title with the worst defensive rating for a champ from 80 to 2023 : 110.8 ( last season's Warriors : 110).

110.8 ranked 3rd best in the playoffs and would have ranked 2nd in the regular season

2004 Pistons defensive rating : 92

Best net rating : 13.7 for the Lakers in 2001 > 13.5 for the Warriors in 2017

TIME, sirronstuff, Cookie and 2 others like this.
  12. KuzmoBall17

KuzmoBall17 - Lakers Starter -

13. ADKOBE

ADKOBE - Lakers 6th Man -

Stupid fans

14. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    this is why we can't have nice things

TIME and Khmrp like this.
  15. PurpleAndGold88

PurpleAndGold88 - Lakers 6th Man -

Too many happy Lakers fans for Denver winning this. I wouldn’t say I am happy for them . As far as individual players, I don’t care if Gordon finally got a ring. Not really . To me these finals were a huge freaking MEH , i honestly watched more Stanley cup games than the finals

16. PurpleAndGold88

PurpleAndGold88 - Lakers 6th Man -

I don’t like Joker, his brother is a pos too, probably member of some right wing Ukrainian Army .

17. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

it wasn't the C Bags, clippers, or philly, so i'm good. bonus that it wasn't phx, either, but they bother me less than they bother others, i think.

the stars showed up consistently, and the role players stepped up here and there repeatedly. can't complain. wish it was us but you can't win them all, so i like to see good basketball rewarded. denver also built their team via drafting their two stars (i guess three if you count mpj as a star) and making nice small-ish trades (gordon, kcp) and signings (brown, green) to round things out.

it's blueprint other non-glamor markets should look at. yes, i know not everyone gets a jokic...but dallas should be studying denver instead of doing whatever they've been doing...

Zoyd Wheeler, alam1108, Kenzo and 6 others like this.
  18. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

Let’s talk basketball not politics please.

19. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    I'm happy for the Nuggets. Since we can't win the trophy every year, someone else is going to win it. I think every NBA city / team deserves to win one at some point in their existence with the only exceptions being the Clippers (who will always Clip), and the C Bags, who deserve to never win again.

Plus, I like to see great players get validated even more with a ring. Jokic should have a ring just like Dirk deserved a ring. But, like Dirk, one is plenty.

I do want to mention that Jokic joins a select group of NBA champs whose best player was their big:

Mikan (5) / Russell (11) / Wilt (1) / Kareem (4) / Moses (1) / Walton (1) / Hakeem (2) / Shaq (3) / Duncan (5) / Dirk (1) / Jokic (1)

In parenthesis are the number of rings each won as the best player on their team in my evaluation. For instance Kareem won 6 rings, but the last two Magic was the best player on the team.

lakerjones and Barnstable like this.
  20. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

I don’t understand the envy. You’re clearly not being honest here.

- The timber wolves had KAT and Rudy Gobert to throw at Jokic and he ripped through them. And it’s not like the rest of their team wasn’t good, Mike Conley went on a tear and they had Anthkny Edwards too.

- Phoenix had Booker and Durant go off the whole series. Chris Paul played the first two games and then Cameron Payne took over who wasn’t any significant drop off. Ayton played 5 of the 6 games but that wouldn’t have changed anything.

- AD and Lebron weren’t injured, they played every single game. Every player is banged up at the end of the year - it’s just the way it is. This is just giving excuses again. We played them the hardest and were a possession away from winning 3 games.

- Just like above, everyone is banged up at this point. The truth is Denver is jsut the best team in the NBA this year and the Heat didn’t have anything for them. Oladipo a 10 min bench player wasn’t changing that and Herro was just the alternative to Robinson which would have slightly improved their defence but their offence was on par this playoff run.

You can only play what’s in front of you and Denver beat everyone. Who were these better teams they didn’t face to make it an easy ring? And why didn’t they go further in the playoffs if they were the better teams?

Kenzo, SamsonMiodek, TIME and 5 others like this.