NBA Playoffs 2023 Discussion

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by sirronstuff, Apr 10, 2023.

1. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

nobody complains about mpj's contract but his last four playoff games, he's shooting 10-39 from three and 16-51 overall. dlo was 2-15 and 10-31 in the sweep that cost him a bunch of money.

Panko and alam1108 like this.
  2. PurpleAndGold88

PurpleAndGold88 - Rookie -

Den blew it ! They should be up 2-0, MIA has more than a chance

3. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

damn, too bad he didn't shoot like that against the lakers. seemed like he made everything

Panko, lakerjones and abeer3 like this.
  4. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers All Star -

That's a bit creative slipping in the 2 games from Miami isn't it? If he plays like that for the rest of that series, Denver isn't going to win. Now..in the Lakers series he shot 40% from the field, 40% from 3, and avg 15pts and 9 rebs. a game

D'Angelo scored a total of 25 pts with 14 assists for the series.

5. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

I agree: that's why I want him back in the 18 million range. He's a good roleplayer but a roleplayer is what he is

6. Slick2021

I saw a trade proposal somewhere, can't remember where at the moment, talking about trading him to the Wizards for Gafford and Morris. I'd do it.

7. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

This dude. He’s going to have a “We beat the Lakers in a series” banner hoisted at his home, the Practice Facility and their Area.

wcsoldier81, Panko, 432J and 3 others like this.
  8. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

it's 4 consecutive playoff games where mpj, a third option who doesn't draw the attention of the other team's defense, shat the bed just like russell. it happens, even to guys who make big money. your boy kyrie helped his squad miss the play in entirely and wants 45 million per.

Panko likes this.
  9. Slick2021

Negative. Kyrie Irving is a 1st or 2nd option caliber talent. He avg 27 5 and 6 in 20 games in Dallas. He put up better than career avg in minutes played, fg% 3pt % assists and rebounds too. Both in Dallas and Brooklyn this season.They aren’t in the same zip code at all period.

As for Porter Jr, 4 games across 2 series is still being disingenuous. His team is 3-1 in those 4 games. He put up a double double in 3 of those last 4 games too. Definition of a serious stretch right there man.

Porter Jr hasn't cost his team a series..yet.

Pioneer10 likes this.
  10. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

I agree , I told a friend who likes the Heat before the Finals " I don't think Miami can win the series but Denver may be able to lose it"

abeer3 likes this.
  11. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

i'm not paying 200 million for a nutjob who flakes or gets hurt every single year and hasn't contributed to winning in 8 years.

i'm glad his team has been able to spread salaries around so that his massive underperformance isn't noticeable. it's a luxury, right?

Panko likes this.
  12. Slick2021

1. That's your opinion on the contract, I think it's impossible to actually get Irving anyway. If we are talking talent, fit and all that. Hell yeah, I'd rock with Kyrie over D'Angelo and Beasley
    I was illustrating the difference in the talent level from D'Angelo. Also this false narrative that Kyrie's game has slipped.

2. Well yeah..Gordon makes 20 million dollars too. Denver is splitting 50 million between two guys, that's correct. They also only play 6 guys, so I'm a bit confused about this depth angle, you are alluding to.

13. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

kyrie, on the rare occasions he's healthy mentally and physically (almost never), is a far better player than russell. he also is likely to cost twice as much, be available half as often, and in trade was going to cost basically twice as much, too.

we got a good-fitting player (who won a huge playoff game for us with a personal 9-0 run in crunch time, btw), an asset in beasley (whether we choose to use him or not is not a reflection on whether he's an asset, imo), and a starter in vando, all for one fewer pick and likely a player (christie).

the deadline deal was masterful and sort of unbelievable, both in foresight and hindsight. a kyrie move would have been another westbrook move, imo.

their 4th guy makes 20 per. their 5th guy makes 16 per. if you have our structure with kyrie, your 4th guy makes 7 (maybe), and your 5th guy is a vet min, all the way down the roster after that.

having one or two vet mins at the end of your rotation is fine. having two starters like that is death. ask phx.

Panko, alam1108 and JSM like this.
  14. Slick2021

Dude Miami has 3 guys at 30 mil, and are also playing 4 guys right now, making less than 7 million combined. You can't just tell me what can't be done. People are doing it as we speak.

Back to Kyrie..he game has never been questioned by anybody. Yeah he's had injuries, like AD. He's also extremely gifted, like AD. Phil Handy is his mentor, and Lebron is his idol. I don't think that other stuff you keep buzzing about, would matter here. He won a chip playing with Lebron, carried that team at points in the Finals. For whatever faults he has, he's never folded like Russell in a Playoffs series. And he's been the number 2 guy, not a 3rd option.

Westbrook made 47 million dollars man, a good ciip more than Kyrie. We would have gotten something else besides Kyrie in that trade. There really isn't any comparison on impact both in the regular season or playoffs. Kyrie hands down.
    Beasley out the rotation, Jarred minutes get clipped, and D'Angelo choked. That's the playoffs story of the dudes we got for Westbrook. It would have been different with Kyrie.
    Spilled milk at this point, Kyrie ain't coming.

15. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

fun story. without the guys we got, we'd have lost in round 1. actually, we'd have missed the play-in.

also not sure where you're getting that we would extract more in a kyrie trade. the bkn owner was trying to bend us over because he was mad at kyrie.

because kyrie screwed their franchise over, like he did cleveland and boston before that.

Panko, Cookie, alam1108 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Slick2021

Miss the play-in? That's crazy. How would we have lost in the 1st rd man? Since we'd have everyone on the team right now, besides Russell, Vanderbilt and Beasley. Why were they supposedly a superior group, over Kyrie Irving and whoever came with him? No I'm not following this logic, basketball wise.

The owner started these demands at the trade deadline, he was pissed at Kyrie. Over the summer, the word was that Kyrie could have been had, but Rob didn't want to commit to a long term deal. They are two separate things. I don't know what he would have actually accepted. I think Max name was brought up..he'll yeah I would have sent him with Russ. The salaries didn't match, Kyrie had to come with something else,over the summer or at the trade deadline

I'm waiting on this out in the 1st rd take though. I'll hang up and listen.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2023
  17. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

well, kyrie and luka went 5-11 and missed the playoffs due to the fact that they had nobody else to play with. and lebron missed the bulk of the last part of the season. and kyrie and kd were only 32-27 at the end of february, so it's not like kyrie and one star was going gangbusters before.

all this and you empty the full chamber of future assets. i'm out. so glad it didn't happen.

Juronimo and alam1108 like this.
  18. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

Man, Nuggets lost this game because of KCP lol. 2 stupid 3-shot fouls. If he doesn't make them, Nuggets would have won game 2.

But great adjustment from the Heat, I think we will have at least 6 games now, if not 7

Cookie and abeer3 like this.
  19. KuzmoBall17

KuzmoBall17 - Lakers 6th Man -

Top five local markets for NBA finals

Rank Market Rating
    1 Denver 19.9
    2 Miami 13.5
    3 West Palm Beach 11.8
    4 Richmond-Petersburg 9.7
    5 San Antonio 8.7
    In other words nobody's is watching this.
    Last year's Game 1 between the C Bags and Golden State Warriors (two alleged ratings drivers) clocked in with an average of 11.9 million viewers. So this is already down five percent from last year .

By comparison, last year’s Game 1 averaged a 22.5 in the Bay Area and a 19.6 in Boston. Game 1 in 2021 averaged a 23.9 in Milwaukee and a 23.7 in Phoenix.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2023
    Panko, sirronstuff, Cookie and 2 others like this.
  20. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

not surprising at all, given that no one outside denver and serbia cares about the nuggets. and the heat aren't exactly a super popular team either. aside from jokic, neither team is all that fun to watch

Cookie and abeer3 like this.