NBA Milestone Tracker

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by MonsterMash32, Jan 31, 2017.

1. LakerClipperfan

LakerClipperfan - Rookie -

1. To me it seems obvious that a Lakerfan roots for Laker players to play well (make shots, steals, rebounds, etc...).

2. Kobefan refers to a fan of Kobe Bryant. The term is commonly used by sports journalists and commentators.

3. I think FOX and ESPN rankings are accurate. They are actually consistent re their ranking of Bryant at #12. (I'm curious to hear why people think they are ranking him out of the top 10.)

You said you "don't know how" I could say these three things. Not sure why... but okay, whatever.

It's entirely possible that Bron will become the all time leading scorer in a Lakers uniform. He's already top 10 assists, could crack top 5 assists. Add a couple few Championships and that #23 jersey is headed for the rafters with other all-time Laker greats (Magic, Wilt, Kareem, West).

Trust me, the Lakers organization wants Bron's jersey up there. They want a Bron statue out front. They want Lebron's legacy to be associated with the Lakers brand. That's why they signed him. He showed us again tonight that he is still the greatest player in the world - and it's not close.

2. LakerClipperfan

I'm glad that Bron will pass him in points next year in his 17th season. We are also seeing Bron move up that elite group of top ten all time assists. Unless I'm missing something, LeBron is the only player that is top 10 assists, top ten scoring.

#4 all time points
    #10 all time assists

He's the only player in that group.

Just to stay on topic because this thread is about milestones... btw I'm not left wanting more of Bryant. I saw enough during that 27 and 17 win season, lol. He was a fine player, good enough to get ranked #12 all time by both ESPN and FOX, certainly nothing to be ashamed of.

3. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

We don’t use the Kobefans term here, it’s against the rules, which I pointed out to you. Going around using that term is bound to cause fights and it’s a term that’s designed to rile people up and diss them by grouping them apart from regular Laker fans. The staff would appreciate if you respected that rule from here on out and stopped with that stuff, thanks.

You’re judging Kobe’s overall ranking in his career over his final seasons after he was a shell of himself from the achilles tear, and you don’t see an issue with that? Using those years against him is as silly as having LeBron already at top 3 all time before being able to use this current season against him. He missed 18 games, he didn’t tear his achilles, and we’re something like 5-16 since he returned from injury. I again would have to question how long you have actually been a Lakers fan if you judge Kobe based on those last 2 years and not his entire career as a Laker, which was incredible. Kobe is IMO top 5, and at least top 10 if you really want to pick him apart and plain don’t like him like much of the media doesn’t.

Cookie likes this.
  4. LakerClipperfan

^^ sorry but I don't see what your post has to do with NBA Milestones. I think the Bryant ranking would be a delightful topic to discuss, (i.e. WHY do Fox and ESPN both rank Bryant #12?) but it's really not on the subject of Milestones, the topic of this thread.

I have no idea what argument ensued between a Mod and poster here, but if I had to guess it had something to do with Kobe/LeBron. There are some people here that appear to strongly dislike Lebron James, the face of the Lakers franchise.

To reiterate and get back to topic:
    #4 all time points
    #10 all time assists
    --------> only player in NBA history to be top 10 points and assists.
    and he could very well end up top 5 points & assists.

Now what are Bryant's milestones?? We know that Robert Horry has 7 rings.

5. Kou

Kou - Lakers 6th Man -

I know you shouldn’t feed the trolls, but actual milestones?

- Joint 1st in All D 1st team selections.
    - Most selections by a Guard All D

There’s a couple to start you off.

sirronstuff likes this.
  6. LakerClipperfan

He is tied for most (All D 1st team) selections among guards with Payton and Jordan. Not that impressive in my opinion. Any other milestones you can name?

Bron is headed for top 10 in points/assists/steals, with possibility to be #1 all time scorer, top 5 assists, top 10 steals.

When we look at CP3's career, will we look at his hamstring troubles and assume that he would have beaten GSW in the WCF last year, gone onto win a Ring after defeating arguably the best NBA team ever assembled? Of course not.

You’re judging Kobe’s overall ranking in his career over his final seasons after he was a shell of himself from the achilles tear, and you don’t see an issue with that?

7. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Ah yes, ESPN and Fox are the be all end all of basketball stats and commentary.

:Crazyartest:

Weezy and Cookie like this.