KCP Discussion: Kentavious Can Produce!

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by Lakerman JSJ, Jul 11, 2017.

1. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

If Rich was in it for the money (ie klutch klient tax) THT and Kcp would have gotten more of our cap space money and longer yr deals....cause it wouldn’t impact AD’s max bag in 2020. Yet those Klutch klients didn’t, did they?

Also a “tax” could be about influence over the team. Did Bron get his #1 coach? Does Bron have all his guys on the roster, even if there is zero risk via a vet min deal? Does AD have every dollar he could have gotten (ie trade kicker)?

If Kcp is really a “tax” at 8.2m (below league avg if 9.2m btw), then Lakers got away with one, cause Rich could have gotten soooo much more.

Either y’all are playing ignorant or really have no idea, cause if you did, calling Kcp a “klutch tax” is laughable and a bunch of bull.

2. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

except KCP is a below avg player so yes its a tax, show me any rumors/stories that KCP garnered any sort of interest this off-season for even vet min deal and I'll lay off this tax stuff, I wouldn't even feel good about signing KCP for vet min deal let alone 8mill
    :Laugh:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    abeer3 likes this.
  3. vasashi17

That means the Warriors will need one of three things to happen. First, they can hope for a repeat of the scenario that played out last summer with Cousins: A free agent doesn’t receive the offers he expects to land and decides that he’d rather take less money to play one season in Golden State before reentering the market the following summer. Sources mentioned Reggie Bullock and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope as players who could potentially find themselves in that situation.
    5 months ago – via The Athletic

Also last season there was interest from Htown, Orlando and the Heat with his name being floated in trade talks as a 12m cap hit.

Also consider that if Kcp was on hold for the Kawhi decision, the most he can get is 4.8m from our room exception since Kawhi’s max would cap us out. So if the expectation was that he would be priced at 4.8m, an additional 3.4m as a “tax” doesn’t strike me as an agency holding us at their mercy.

But I don’t think that’s really the point.

It could be so much worse in that Kcp is a 2 and the “tax” could have priced him into a starting SG type @ 15m with that same mandate so what would that mean in terms of our consolation pursuit for Green?

If Klutch really wanted to, they could have had Kcp paid and played as the starting SG....they didn’t tho. So imo, not really a tax, is it?

4. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

why are you bringing up last season? of course teams would've taken in a 12m expiring if he meant they could dump some other bozo on us....sure this rationale is acceptable (with the 3.4m tax) but tell me who were we bidding against? Mcgee got only 4m and actually had interest from several teams (even getting a meeting with det) and he's a starter, we pretty much knew there was a high probability that he'd be a bench player with Green signing and for some magical/odd reason KCP gets DOUBLE what Mcgee got? come on man.....

Juronimo likes this.
  5. vasashi17

First McGee at a starting center.

Second, I don’t think you’re understanding what I’m saying. Boog and McGee could have been vet mins. McGee’s last 3 deals were vet mins so why a bump in pay for an older player that was limited the year before due to asthma/pneumonia. There was no market for Boog, so why pay him N extra 800k instead of the vet min.

Caruso is a 2way player, so rewarding him with a 2.75m deal is a feel good story, but we could have given him a fully guaranteed vet min deal for 3yrs that would have paid him more than his current deal.

Same with Cook...a fully guaranteed 2 yr vet min deal pays him more than his current 4m guaranteed 6m 2yr deal.

All the scenarios above leave us more cap space to go find other players with if we earmarked the room exception for Av.

So seeing how our FO negotiated those deals, is it any surprise they overpaid Kcp instead of capping his value.

That’s not a tax, that’s a limitation in negotiating. Come’n man...

6. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

when you get paid more than a starter (bradley) and you've proven in 2 yrs here to be inconsistent, overrated rep as a 3/D guy, who seem to have had little to no interest from any other team.....makes you wonder how the "tax" logic can't be used, sure you dispute it as if its a real thing or not, but ALL signs says he didn't deserve the $ in ANY of those yrs, he shouldn't been brought back and with him back all he deserved was vet min. I'm gona use your Mcgee example, he got bumped up because its a feel good story and you said he had little interest, at least he had some interest, I didn't hear single peep from any of the nba sources that KCP had ANY interest from other teams and while $8 is less than $12 which would suggest he came back for less, the 12 and the 18m yrs werent DESERVED either

7. vasashi17

Some do think he’s the manna as a 3D guy tho.

Harrison Faigen: More from Pelinka on the signings “KCP, we love his three-and-D mentality… To have guys like Avery Bradley, KCP and Danny Green… We’re really excited about that defensive versatility.”
    4 months ago – via Twitter hmfaigen

Fact remains, Klutch could have really held us over a barrel and taxed that a**. They didn’t tho.

8. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i neither am nor am i playing ignorant. kcp is klutch tax. it's obvious to everyone but exactly one person. if you're always claiming everyone else is crazy, it's time to start thinking about your perceptions.

alam1108, sirronstuff and Khmrp like this.
  9. vasashi17

[​IMG]

Hey some folks rather sink than swim. I would try harder, but it’s taxing when folks choose to scuba dive in da Nile.

10. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Only KCP could accomplish this

alam1108, Khmrp and sirronstuff like this.
  11. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    someone needs to give him a wedgie tbh

12. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

dont forget the easy missed layup that led to an injury as well

sirronstuff likes this.
  13. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

I dont wish people to get hurt but hopefully he is out for a while. Tired of watching him play.

14. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

In addition to two others, meanwhile a much shorter Cook made two in heavy traffic.

15. sirronstuff

We're laughing WITH YOU bro ;)

JSM and Cookie like this.
  16. sirronstuff

17. sirronstuff

#worried :giggle:

Juronimo likes this.
  18. Azndude2190

Azndude2190 - Lakers 6th Man -

Regardless of the performance, get better, KCP.

Barnstable and Cookie like this.
  19. sirronstuff

Let's all be more like Dwight?

Wino, Barnstable and Sentient Meat like this.
  20. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

I keep thinking about how he disrespected Luke last year during a timeout. He is a veteran who is suppose to lead by example, and he made Luke's job worse by clowning him in front of everyone. Him sucking is only the half.