Kawhi Leonard Discussion: “I’m A Snake Clipper Guy.”

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by Helljumper, Jun 15, 2018.

1. ShaqFu

ShaqFu - Rookie -

I mean, yeah, I completely agree. Got me on that one. I for one just think the Clippers, Chargers, and maybe now the LA Galaxy should move into Orange County so those fans can have their own teams in each league. LA, in my own personal opinion, will always be about the Lakers, the Dodgers, the Kings, maybe the Rams now (I'm a Rams fan), and with all the media and branding with the ownership of LAFC, maybe LAFC now too. Sorry for the side bar, but I think the Angels, Ducks, Clippers, Chargers, etc. don't need to have that LA title as their city name. #CoolStoryBro I know, but I believe several others might be with me..I think lol

2. Big Mamma Jamma

Big Mamma Jamma - Rookie -

Okay, so you explained what a dillhole is... what’s a “slap a hole” owner? LOL!!

3. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    He brings up getting Lillard for Ball/Ingram, and going after Klay next year for our 3 guys. Interesting take, but essentially the message is, we don't need to be bullied by San Antonio. We have lots of options.

4. Kobe Bryant 8

Kobe Bryant 8 - Lakers 6th Man -

Hating the C Bags
    I'd rather trade Kuzma than Ingram, but I agree with Colin. Lillard is a boss.

5. ShaqFu

ShaqFu - Rookie -

I appreciate the video. If we're trying to win now, it makes sense. I personally am cool with Lonzo going because of that silliness that his camp put out the report about his injury to prevent him from being traded. Assuming that's true, then I'm done with Lavars antics, ship him out. I'd be sad to see Ingram go, but Lillard is exactly what we need to fight the other top teams in the West. Then we shift our focus to Kawhi next season. It's just too sexy of a situation for me. We get to compete this year and then pick up Kawhi next season.

Lillard
    Leonard
    James
    Kuzma
    ?

6. bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy - Rookie -

Herd isn't credible, right? Is there any indication the Blazers are open to trading him?

sirronstuff likes this.
  7. Doc Brown

Doc Brown - Lakers Starter -

Doctorin'
    We have 4 assets that are extremely valuable........Lonzo / Ingram / Kuzma / Hart

When you further break that down you have Lonzo vs Ingram and Kuzma vs Hart. I remember making a thread about ranking the young guys/assets around the draft a year ago and how we should pick the top 3 and moving the others. Looking at how this is shaping up and the rumors going around, I think the FO has a top 2 list and one being untouchable and a second being untouchable but will move in the right deal. The other two can be had.....

1. Kuzma - Untouchable
    2. Ingram - Untouchable unless trading for same position (See Kawhi)
    3. Lonzo
    4. Hart

Having lost the ability to make a big 3 this year, my approach and I think the Lakers FO is taking right now is....

1. Don't talk to us about Kuzma
    2. If we can make a deal with Ingram or Lonzo + Hart and picks (Lonzo for Lillard/Wall or Ingram for Kawhi/Butler) we will do it otherwise nothing more is being given up (Which is the right decision)
    3. By the end of free agency next year we should have added one superstar via trade and the other via free agency

At this point we need to roll with what we have now, make the best of it, add a center and shooter and take advantage of opportunities if they come up. Two of the youngins + 2-3 superstars and top role players is a competitive team against the Warriors in year 2. We should just enjoy the test run this year. If a team wants to give us their superstar for our price, let's roll.

tada, therealdeal, alam1108 and 6 others like this.
  8. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

^ I'd agree with the above,sounds like the most solid battle plan for the FO. Stick to their guns. If possible I'd like to add 2 shooters, we are hurting there. Watching Mykhailiuk I think he at best is going to take most of the season adjusting to NBA defense. Add Brook Lopez and then maybe we can get by with just 1 other shooter.

The other priority would be toward the deadline and/or toward the summer is to start looking for ways to dump that last year of Deng which might actually become possible at that point with just 1 year to swallow. With picks, possibly with a developing Zu or other role player. Also he may get some PT this year with Bron and show he's not a total waste of money.

Everyone knows we have but 1 star on this team and they know that even adding a second star is going to propel us to great heights, let alone 3. Even so with just our 1 "star" I like what we can accomplish this year. I will be marking all dates vs OKC and vs GSW as well as vs SAS and BOS and PHI. We have a lot of vendettas after this summer.

9. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I think most of the best known "talking heads" aren't great breaking news sources, but more for entertainment.

He brings up some good points from time to time, and does more post analysis than anything. I find both him and Skip, and Stephen A all entertaining, but I see them for what they are. Some fans refuse to listen to them, and I get that too.

But the fact remains, the Lakers have plenty of good choices, and don't need to be held over a barrel by San Antonio.

10. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

Chris Sheridan has also been hinting that we’ve got a number of targets including Dame. I definitely think we are exploring a number of different options.

I also think next years free agency market has several guys we can target.

I’d like Leonard, but there are other moves we can make out there even if we haven’t heard them yet.

11. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

none

12. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

I don’t know. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that his name has been mentioned by guys like Simmons and Cowherd. Some of its fishing but there’s a little bit of smoke there.

13. bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy - Rookie -

Time to trade now

14. RushDelivery

RushDelivery - Rookie -

No, this is a leverage play by the Spurs. We should not trade Ingram or Kuzma for Kawhi when his health is in question.

Also, Philly would only trade for Kawhi if he has soften his Lakers or bust stance, and if he has changed his mind this quickly, then he used our name like PG did and he's not worth our best assets.

The right move is to sign Kawhi in 2019 and keep our best prospects. Let Philly burn their assets in a gamble for Kawhi, and if he really meant it when he said he wanted to be a Laker, then it will happen next offseason no matter where he goes.

Barnstable, Cookie, ZenMaster and 2 others like this.
  15. JohnnyComeLately2k6

JohnnyComeLately2k6 - Lakers 6th Man -

Data Vampire Buckaroo
    I'd rather get Kawhi for Deng/fillers/picks or for nothing... It's that simple.

CarolinaLakerFan and sirronstuff like this.
  16. bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy - Rookie -

I would like to get him for just Deng, but it doesn't work like that sadly.

sirronstuff likes this.
  17. ThizGuy83

ThizGuy83 - Rookie -

Medical healthcare professional
    I'd rather just wait till next offseason. If he really wanted to be with the lakers then he will sign with us. I have a feeling ingram is gonna have a breakout year

18. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

One thing I'm pretty sure of is the Spurs have to trade Kawhi before the season starts. Where is the question and the longer it takes, the less they get and I still think they would rather get a s***ty deal elsewhere than give the Lakers a deal that would benefit the Lakers.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  19. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Since the Lakers used their cap room for this year, dont they now have to match contracts? So, Deng actually may have to be included now.

20. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

If Ingramand kuz continue to impress this year and we sign Kawhi next summer, we have a dynasty on our hands. We're 1b contenders this year and next year we're legit champion favorites for 2-3 years. When lebron declines we'll have 29 year old Kawhi and young studs kuz and Ingram. Oh and I didn't even mention lonzo. Don't bat an eye magic and rob.