Kawhi Leonard Discussion: “I’m A Snake Clipper Guy.”

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by Helljumper, Jun 15, 2018.

1. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Huh?

Cookie likes this.
  2. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Then maybe they can change their name to Clawpers

3. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Most people think Woj is the Spurs' mouthpiece. Keeping the Lakers narrative alive right now means the Lakers could feel galvanized to give more. If the Lakers continue to stand firm, we could hear about Kawhi feeling comfortable elsewhere too.

Just to play Devil's Advocate.

4. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

I don’t trust anyone anymore after the whole PG debacle.

I’m sure Mintz, Randle, played a bit of into that situation, but still, we need the bird in hand before we can’t count our chickens.

5. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Here's the thing though, the Clippers have crap to make a trade with, so then it becomes a free agent battle between us and the Clippers. Jerry West is great and all, but I like our chances when Kawhi gets in a room with Magic, Rob, Lebron......I suppose Danny Manning could put in a call for the Clippers?

6. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    more like Clipper legend Michael Cage

7. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

:Magic Brows:

[​IMG]

8. therealdeal

Oh I'm not disagreeing and I definitely dont see how they can trade for Kawhi. I'm just saying if we hesitate, there's a chance we miss. If/when the Spurs come down from their high horse, we should strike with a kid or two.

For what it's worth Woj continues to report that Boston is keeping all their top 5 assets off the table (Brown, Tatum, Kyrie, Hayward, and I guess Horford). The Sixers are keeping Simmons, Embiid, and Fultz out of offers. So I'm not interested in outbidding anyone, but Ingram alone is their best offer.

9. RushDelivery

RushDelivery - Rookie -

The Spurs have made it clear they still value Kawhi as if he's fresh off an MVP caliber season, when in reality they have a former superstar coming off of a nine game season who has a lingering mysterious ailment and who wants out.

Kawhi is not worth Ingram at this moment in time, not when there's a chance he never returns to MVP or even All-Star form. Let the Spurs hold onto him for next season, and we will move on knowing our youth represent appreciating assets as they develop and flourish next to LeBron.

If Kawhi's ailment really is chronic and it becomes apparent he's damaged goods, the Spurs will be forced to accept any table scraps they get for him. They'll be begging for any of our youth at that point, and it'll validate the decision not to trade for him now.

If Kawhi appears to he 100% recovered, then the Spurs asking price becomes justified and we can debate if taking the risk to sign him in 2019 is worth holding onto our assets like Ingram.

In either scenario we come out ahead, so sorry Spurs, keep on hoping for the farm, keep on pretending Kawhi is valued as an MVP after his horrid season, we'll be patient and wait until either your asking price is justified, or until you're begging for a deal.

10. bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy - Rookie -

f*** these Clipper rumors

11. OX1947

hahahahhah, f***in scammers. They are pulling this s*** out to make the Lakers get scared. Come on, really?

Kawhi is 27. He will be 1 and 1 with Lebron. Lebron is 33. Him and Lebron become legends by winning titles in LA.

12. therealdeal

I'm not sure this has to do with the Lakers. It probably has more to do with trying to convince other teams to offer more.

13. ShaqFu

ShaqFu - Rookie -

I think I'm over it. If Kawhi doesn't want to be a Laker then I'm not going to worry about him being here and losing our valuable young, promising players. We literally have the best player on Earth (actively playing) and great young assets.

"You know, the thing about this franchise is that you shouldn't need recruiting to come in it," Bryant said. "It takes a special person to want to play for this franchise, and take the pressure that comes along with playing for this franchise. The pressure of following Magic [Johnson]'s footsteps, myself and the dynasty that we've had, it takes a special person to do that.

"And if I need to convince you come here, to carry that legacy forward, then you ain't the one to be it."

14. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    Right? The other rumors were that Kawhi wants his own shine and he’d feel overshadowed by Lebron on the Lakers, and that’s why he now wants to go to the Clippers. Makes no sense at all. As Woj said, it’s the opposite.

You go to the Clippers and you fade into irrelevance on a mediocre team that nobody in LA actually cares about. You join Lebron on the Lakeshow and you elevate our storied franchise into elite title contenders. You’ll get all the acclaim when we succeed ... and if we fail all the blame goes to Lebron.

EDIT: Wait, I’m not misreading this tweet am I? I’m reading it as Kawhi preferring the Lakers over the Clips even more now that we have Lebron. Sounds like some of you took it the other way.

15. therealdeal

Oh! :D

I did read it the other way. Interesting.

16. bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy - Rookie -

You got it right. I'm saying the other rumors about Leonard wanting to go to the Clippers are clearly misinformed.

17. The Original 81

The Original 81 - Rookie -

Kawhi is a fool if he goes to the Clippers. Overshadowed would be an understatement. LeBron is a brand in his own right, combine that with the Lakers, one of the most iconic brands in the world, and absolutely nobody would care about Kawhi.

I’m a Mets fan living in New York, so I know all about being a fan of the little guy in a city. At least the Mets have won a championship, and have gone to the World Series only 3 years ago. The Clippers have never, and will NEVER win anything.

Be smart Kawhi.

18. OX1947

It's always about the Lakers. This whole CBA that's allowed the warriors to be who they are is a backfire from what that little f*** midget David Stern and all those slap a hole owners created so they could stop the Lakers from winning titles. Implementing the zone to stop Shaquille. The veto, and and and.....

Now, the league sees the Lakers are coming back and if you team up the two best two way players on the same team with young potential stars, you are gonna see the 20th banner go up in another decade.

19. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I wouldn't want to play with LLLLLLebron. I'd want to guard him and beat him.

If I wasn't white, 5'11", slow, no hops, past my prime, and unskilled.

[​IMG]

20. CarolinaLakerFan

CarolinaLakerFan - Lakers 6th Man -

Until Kawhi can come back and prove he’s back at MVP level, the Spurs can go eff themselves. Ingram+Kuzma >>>a questionable health Kawhi, and the Spurs know it.