Kawhi Leonard Discussion: “I’m A Snake Clipper Guy.”

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by Helljumper, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    If you buy that sneaker, you can't wear them consecutive days. Also you may not want to wear them after 12pm, and definitely not after 6pm.

2. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Best thread title ever, btw.

3. Chick the G.O.A.T.

Chick the G.O.A.T. - Rookie -

capital gains
    Was reading that Kawhi is talking to other teams right now but leaning towards signing a 1+1 with the claps. Couple things to watch:

1) he will lose most of if not all of next season rehabbing his surgically repaired ACL.

2) he can leave after the Claps pay him for a lost season on a 1+1

Please oh please let scenario 2 play out lmao

abeer3, TIME, alam1108 and 1 other person like this.
  4. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Pretty outrageous of him to expect a player option on year 2 under these conditions IMO and pretty stupid of Ballmer to trust him. What is talking to other clubs about? No one has any money in his range. This guy is an elite player but buyer beware.

5. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    He has the right to talk to them and he is NOT talking to them about THIS year. He is talking to them about next year and the years after. He is trying to gauge what teams are putting themselves in position to do and if it would interest him.

6. Chick the G.O.A.T.

Chick the G.O.A.T. - Rookie -

capital gains

Where did you see info regarding what he's talking to them about? I didn't see any of that myself but you guys are pretty resourceful around here lol

As much as I don't like what Kawhi did to the Lakers I do understand his position under this premise. Owners will do whatever they want with players and treat it like a business without loyalty to anything but the almighty dollar. Players have a small window/short career to garner as much capital as possible to set themselves and their families up for the future. The NFL is far more brutal as it pertains to this with the NBA and MLB being more of players leagues but doesn't mean it doesn't happen in those leagues as well. I can't blame Kawhi for trying to field the best possible teammates to up his chances at another title to further market his brand even though I don't care for his tactics but the owners in most situations don't give a damn about the players when it's all said and done because they're in business to make money at the end of the day.

Kawhis like a train wreck, you don't want to watch but you can't help but look anyways to see what kind of disruption he causes. I hope the Claps give him the 1+1 and he leaves the following year when he's healthy leaving them high and dry after sitting an entire season getting paid to rehab. That's must see reality