Kawhi Leonard Discussion: “I’m A Snake Clipper Guy.”

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by Helljumper, Jun 15, 2018.

1. InderPanesar

InderPanesar - Rookie -

Studen
    People on RealGM who'd been stalking him have no clue where he is right now. With some saying he is leaving some saying entirely different and saying he is still in the Hotel.

2. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

pretty sure mr. rambis posted that the meeting with NB was conducted via conference call

Barnstable, MambaMentality and Cookie like this.
  3. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

He said it was over the phone. I swear these internet sleuths

:Koberubeyes:

4. The Original 81

The Original 81 - Rookie -

Cuffs been MIA for a couple days now...

5. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

good. he's annoying

6. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Kawhi's fault. Should be Laker since 01.07 but nooooooooo

Cookie likes this.
  7. InderPanesar

InderPanesar - Rookie -

Studen
  8. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    This is great. Had we been told Kawhi was going a different direction we would be making moves right now to fill out the roster. I think this could also be another test. "Per his request, details of the discussion were not disclosed." Can we continue to trust the Lakers to keep their word and not leak anything.

9. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

He clarified the meeting was in a conference call and Kawhi wasn’t on the call.

MambaMentality likes this.
  10. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Opposite coast. :)

11. borri

borri - Rookie -

Yup, only good news today is that our FO has been silent.

Unless Kawhi wants to be an a hole and purposely is stringing us along....doubtful.

12. MambaMentality

MambaMentality - Rookie -

I believe you @Mr. Rambis and enjoy reading your updates.

TIME likes this.
  13. MambaMentality

Who/what is LG?

14. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    LG is short for Lakersground. It's a really outdated forum that's been around for a long time.

[​IMG]

Not the friendliest place. Site crashes a LOT. Not mobile friendly, but sometimes you prefer a place you know people. Large membership over there. Ave age of fans there is estimated to be over 50 and hate change, but I can neither confirm nor deny this.

Please check it out. You'll get whiplash on the way back tho. Prolly while yelling "Oh Hellz NO!"

But that being said, all sources of Lakers News are appreciated, and each forum that exists appeals to a different group of fans.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2019
  15. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    Totally disagree. TOR has done everything in their power to convince Kawhi to stay. They took the risk in trading for him with 1 year left and reaped those benefits. Winning a championship to cap it all off. Kawhi knows he can trust TOR FO and medical staff. I wouldn't blame Kawhi for choosing to stay at all as bummed out as I surely would be.

The incomprehensible move would be choosing the Clippers given how if your going to leave TOR and want to be close to home why not go to the team that is setup better for the future to win in the Lakers. If you want to be the sole guy on a contending team TOR is your best option. Not LAC. We know so little about Kawhi and what makes him tick so your idea of money being a huge factor may not be what makes him tick. From all reports he cares deeply about family and has said winning is important to him. Yes, we have Lebron and AD, but he just won in TOR and knows the Front office real well.

I truly hope he comes to us with all my heart and soul, but TOR isn't a bad option either given what's taken place in the last year.

kobebaka, shoe, ElginTheGreat and 6 others like this.
  16. MambaMentality

I could only ever get mad if Kawhi chose the Clippers.

17. InderPanesar

InderPanesar - Rookie -

Studen
    Hey, this is the post that was posted on Lakersground which was attacking Mr.Rambis and some other LG user's
    -----
    Here is some more raw intel about Kawhi personal situation, don't bother to reply to me if you believe it or not, i'm just putting it here because it completes the story...this info was collected over the last couple of months...

Kawhi has very tight inner circle: uncle (Dennis), mom (Kim), sister (Miesha), aunt (Tish), granny (Wanda), best friend (Niko), baby mama (Kish) and some guy (Eric), i'm not sure is he also some relative or just friend...you can add to them his agent (Mitch Frankel), personal trainer (Randy Shelton), and two most important business associates (Jeff Sutton and his son Joseph)...

His father was Mark Leonard, unfortunately killed in 2008, i don't want to go too deep into some details, but his dad was "heavy hitter" back in the day...Mark was playing football at Carson High (their cross town rival was Banning High, both were football powerhouses), but instead of sticking with sports career, he started with his "street career" and i don't want to dive into that, but let's just say that he was one of the most respected guys in his area...he never wanted for Kawhi to follow his steps, so very early on he was training him to become elite athlete and the focus was on football, only after ninth grade Kawhi switched to basketball, mainly because he stopped enjoying football practices...his father was killed at his car wash in Compton, there are various stories who did it and why, but the case remained unsolved because nobody wanted to cooperate with the police, let's just say that his father was very well-respected OG and that'e enough about his business dealings...

His uncle Dennis went to Dorsey High School and he also had pretty impressive street reputation back in the day, he and Mark met each other while both were in their early 20s, both were "heavy hitters", but while Mark was more connected to the street game, Dennis was more business savvy, so he enrolled into college in order to get his degree and start making money away from the street...meanwhile, his sister Kim felt in love with Mark and that's how we got our future Laker, the one and only Kawhi, having real OG genes from both sides of his family...as years passed by, uncle Dennis was spending more time on the East Coast where he was getting into banking and retail sales, while his sister and Kawhi stayed in LA...during all that period, Kawhi was living with his mom and he would occasionally visit his dad, but every summer he would move to his dad's house where Mark was teaching him how to train and care for his body if he wants to become professional athlete...from all accounts, they had great personal relationship, and even though his dad was on the wrong side of the law, he made sure that Kawhi never follows his footsteps...after Mark was killed, uncle Dennis stepped in as a father figure and role model for young Kawhi, plus he also made sure that Kawhi don't lose his focus away from sports...

So this is pretty much the most intimate background of Kawhi, he is not some shy and weird guy, he is just silent because he grew up surrounded by very strong OG presence where keeping your mouth shut and minding your own business is the first rule of survival...he is not some robot and he is definitely not weird, it's his calm composure and lack of emotions that makes people so confused when they try to figure him out, but that's only in the public eye or when he's away from his inner circle, that's the real gangsta mentality...he definitely didn't follow his dad's street life, but he picked up some other things from his dad, from state of mind to relentless effort to achieve his goals, so the same mentality, but very different path in life...

(1/2)

tada, +Pope+, LTLakerFan and 3 others like this.
  18. Doc Brown

Doc Brown - Lakers Starter -

Doctorin'

Us too Danny, us too.

Cookie, DeeZee, LTLakerFan and 3 others like this.
  19. InderPanesar

InderPanesar - Rookie -

Studen
    Now let's move onto current events...Kawhi is a Laker and everything that YSong is legit, so there's no point of repeating things that he said, the official announcement will be today or tomorrow, there's no way that this will drag into the weekend, so relax guys, it's over, it's done...most of the leaks were coming from Kawhi, intentionally or unintentionally, but his best friend Niko can't keep his mouth shut, he's the one who is spilling the beans all around...there are some leaks from Lebron, the most obvious was Ricky Davis who said the truth in front of the camera and everybody were shocked, alo that guy Cuffs on Twitter is legit, at least he gets all his infro from Lebron and Klutch...that guy on reddit RDAmbition is very strange, yes he is who he is, so he's family, but he's not that much into the loop as people might think, half of the stuff he was just guessing or trying to connect the dots...that dude Mr.Rambis from some other forum is complete fraud, it's laughable what kinds of BS he writes and plus he is also on this forum and i know his nick and i won't tell on him unless he starts spreading his BS, his last post here was in May, pretty much at the same time when he jumped on that other forum (here he was ex-AEG and WB employee, there he is current AEG employee), so yeah, stay away from that fraudster...the only guy here with legit info is YSong...

Few more things, Brian Elfus is former agent of Kawhi, he is the main source of info to all ESPN reporters, but he's relationship with Kawhi and uncle Dennis is so bad that he doesn't have anything valuable to offer...Lee Jenkins got his job with the Clippers because he wrote some big story about Kawhi for Sports Illustrated three years ago, so they thought that he has some insight into his camp, but his whole article was garbage and it's no wonder that nobody from the media understands anything about Kawhi, all their sources are wrong people...as i said, his best friend Niko is the absolutely best source of information, he is the one who said “they know darn well he ain’t gonna be there next year” during live instagram video where Kawhi's sister was speaking with Toronto fans, and that dude is everything the opposite of Kawhi, maybe that's why they are the best friends, plus not to mention that whole Kawhi's inner circle are die-hard Lakers fans, so there was never any doubt about his decision, everything was executed perfectly from both sides and all other stuff was just smoke, Kawhi wanted to be a Laker and that's only thing that matters, so enjoy your 4th of July and welcome our new OG...

----------
    (2/2)

20. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

Oh good lord. He knows people at AEG that know what is going on internally at the highest level. It is not possible that these people don’t know what is happening. If AEG knows, they know.

I understand everyone wants to feel sure, but we can’t tell you specifically what we know without it risking his identity and the names of the AEG execs getting out.