Kawhi Leonard Discussion: “I’m A Snake Clipper Guy.”

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by Helljumper, Jun 15, 2018.

1. LakerFanIam

LakerFanIam - Lakers 6th Man -

^^^ This also assumes that a Max Free Agent was gonna come play with our Kids.. There was No Guarantee, that's why you absolutely trade for AD if you have the chance..

lakerjones likes this.
  2. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

and then their odds will go right back up an hour later

just ******* announce your decision already dude

LTLakerFan likes this.
  3. _NVE37

_NVE37 - Rookie -

The Vegas odds changing only indicates heavy betting is being put towards the Lakers. It doesn't mean Vegas has any inside knowledge as to where Kawhi is going.

4. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Yes and no. Large movement indicates a change from the bookie (I'd say anything +/- 100 or 200 or so is probably from the bookie itself).

A change from +175 to +125 though could be betting moving the line though. That's a lot of betting in a short window, but it's possible.

5. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

So, are we getting Kawhi?

LTLakerFan and Big Mamma Jamma like this.
  6. therealdeal

[​IMG]

7. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

AD is better than the kids, but honestly, I got sidetracked because that wasn't really my original argument. How we value AD vs our kids is irrelevant because we didn't open up a max slot for him. He was traded. Remember, we lost Dlo, Julius, and Co. to open up 2 max slots. We're going to use that to sign the remaining FA's in this dried up market? That's what I'm referring to as busted.

8. therealdeal

I see what you're saying. That makes sense.

I just don't think you can look at what we have in hand and really say it's a "bust". If we had gone into this summer, not signed a FA, and let Davis get traded to the C Bags then THAT is a bust.

9. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

Well I agree it could have been worse, but losing our kids one by one and finally all of them (save for Kuz) with the AD trade was tough for a lot of us. Especially Zubac and Randle for me personally because we lost those two for nothing. Getting Kawhi would vindicate all that and justify everything, but signing scrubs would add insult to injury. So yeah, it's still Kawhi or bust for me.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  10. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
  11. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Man, never cut Ramona off from inside access, right? The thing I still don’t get about the Clippers is, Kawhi is still nursing that injury, by the end of the Finals he was limping, he will need “load management” this season, maybe the rest of his career. How do the Clippers do that? They have no other all-stars, they’re solid, that’s it. The raptors can do that, the Lakers can do that, that’s it, I don’t see how it’s not between those 2 teams.

12. therealdeal

Clippers' argument is only if Kawhi wants to come home, but not play with LeBron and AD. That's it. He'll make less money there, he'll have less clout there, he'll be less competitive there both short and long-term. If he signs there, he's going to regret it immediately.

13. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

still lots of free agents available that could help the lakers should things go south here. but i'm actually more bullish on the lakers' chances than the press is. we'll see...

14. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

Man...I'm sure this has already been talked about pages ago....RDA

Also...did he just risk his entire credibility by saying Kawhi is signing with us yesterday?

I have no idea what to believe...

15. OmarE

OmarE - Lakers Starter -

Shams just said on NBA TV that no one knows anything, only thing is Lakers were the first team Kawhi and his reps (Dennis) spoke to magic (Lakers) first before everyone else. And that he's still taking the meetings between clippers and raptors. No one truly knows anything. Also a lot of free agents like boogie is waiting to see what money is left once Kawhi chooses his team. So Lakers, clippers, etc will probably get cousins as a plan B if no Kawhi

16. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

Really the only thing that makes sense is Ballmer paying for good press. I could see the Kawhi wants to be “the man” angle but he’s already done that. If he wants load management, it’s not happening with the Clippers. Raptors have the comfort angle of knowing the organization and how it operates. Plus all of Canada loves him but it’s cold and Kawhi supposedly hates the cold.

It just make way too much sense to pick the Lakers. I hope Kawhi sees it the same what.

Barnstable, alam1108, Kenzo and 2 others like this.
  17. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

add in that i'm sure lebron and AD fully plan to beat that a** if he goes to the jv.

what folks are forgetting is that the lakers don't NEED to get somebody right now. just don't mozdeng yourself, sign some guys to deals that are moveable, and be ready when the next guy demands out. folks are going to come play with AD and lebron. it should be kawhi, but it might be others. but my money is on lebron/AD/decent support over kawhi/clippers role players extraordinnaire.

keep in mind that the clippers will now need to turn to mo harkless during the guaranteed 16 games that kawhi will sit. i mean, woj tells me that's awesome, but...i'm not as sure.

alam1108, DeeZee, Cookie and 3 others like this.
  18. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

The only source I trust right now is our own insider @Mr. Rambis

19. therealdeal

We've discussed this fab.

We're not putting this kid's info out anymore. He was doxxed by other teams and even some Laker fans apparently. All we should assume about this situation is that IF that info was true, RDA was about as well connected as possible and so his/her info should be given some benefit of the doubt. However, we're just referring to them as RDA.

20. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

totally cool with this if it's a 1-year or a two-year with a team option or partial guarantee on the second year.

cousins was fairly maligned early in his career, but i think folks aren't giving him enough of a chance now. he's a problem defensively to some extent, but this isn't a scrub. plus AD likes him, i believe.

Cookie, OmarE and therealdeal like this.