Kawhi Leonard Discussion: “I’m A Snake Clipper Guy.”

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by Helljumper, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Chick the G.O.A.T.

Chick the G.O.A.T. - Rookie -

capital gains

He's definitely going short term deal and more then likely the 1+1 as it's the most financially sound

2. Chick the G.O.A.T.

capital gains

Look bud stop being so sensitive. I wasn't lashing out at you but you gotta toughen up some and relax you're gonna have a heart attack before we win another title..lol

3. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

But it's not though.

1+1 only gets him to 9 years guaranteed, he needs 10 years anyway. Take the 2+1 and if you get a career ending injury that first year, you've got at least 1 year guaranteed left. For a guy who needs to sit 20 games a year already, he needs the most guaranteed cash he can get.

PurPle n GoLd 1 likes this.
  4. Chick the G.O.A.T.

capital gains

I totally get that but how does his years of service work in respect to teh 8% escalators? 3% a year is a lot of cash vs 5%

5. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

[​IMG]

6. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Well we'd need his full Bird Rights to get him to the 7.5% raises and that takes 3 years at the same place (or traded on a contract of that length). Early Bird Rights give us the right to sign him over the cap I believe and that takes 2 years at the same place.

Chick the G.O.A.T. likes this.
  7. KobeJeterKaep

KobeJeterKaep - Rookie -

My common sense side agrees. But my angry-suspicious side, that watched the "basketball reasons" and Comic Sans and other anti-Laker collusion happen in daylight for many years, creeps in with doubt, especially the longer it takes, and knowing how many are mad right now about AD forcing his way here. Kawhi knows that delays like this hurt the Lakers, as noted by other posters above. So why do it if he is coming here?

That said, the longer Danny Green goes unsigned, the more convinced I am that he and Kawhi are a packaged deal. So... I hate that the Clips can offer Green a bunch of money and not cut into Kawhi's max. Then again, no way is Kawhi signing a long-term deal this year. No way.

lakerfan2 likes this.
  8. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Cause Magic does have a big mouth... obviously. Haha

But unlike other sleaze, he puts his name on it.

Don't admonish Magic for speaking his mind on things after he stepped down. He has that right now and he definitely isn't in the business of sabotaging the Lakers.

He knew he wasn't Prez material, so he stepped down and requested that his vacated position be filled by someone more deserving of that role. Same goes for Rob...he got the bottomline done, but he's no goat GM the way he hacksawed our assets to get this max spot.

Think about this...never in the history of the NBA has a team had to fill a minimum of 8 roster spots with minimum deals. We didn't finesse our capsheet.

I'm totally for giving Rob time to set his mark as a premier GM...but I got no beef with Magic requesting Rob and Luke be gone for not being the right men for the jobs, as was he when he stepped down.

We didn't interview or send vibes to improve our FO these last 3 months. Don't fire Rob, but why not add a legit Prez then? And why continue to s*** on Magic when he did us a solid by stepping away from a gig he couldn't handle. Fill it with someone that can, instead of giving it entirely to Rob and Rambii.

Anyways, LT I'm honestly done speaking on it. I just respect you and honor your engaging me in this discussion. But I really just want to move on and get back to rings.

9. Chick the G.O.A.T.

capital gains

The Miami Heatles only had 1 guy on their roster, Mario Chalmers. We've seen this before

10. DarthRekal

DarthRekal - Rookie -

US Army Aviation, Apache Armament
    I didnt sleep much last night. I thought I would wake up to awesome news. But more of the same. I get the one day moratorium.. or even putting it off til after boxing day.. but man.. we need to start building. Anxiety paranoia impatience.. commence. Ugh

alam1108 and Juronimo like this.
  11. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

I just asked about the details of the private conversation between Magic and Kawhi / his camp being reported publicly. And you're back into Rob hacksawing our assets and bashing him while the benevolent Magic gave Jeanie that wonderful opportunity to fire Rob (against her will) who had been putting in the work, (or hire a new PBO who in ALL likelihood would want his own GM) and start over right before trying to trade again for AD with unhappy NO and upcoming free agency. All while Magic was bashing them all.

12. vasashi17

No we haven't.

Wade took less to make room for Bron and Bosh to fit in their cap.

Meanwhile the Heat had rights to some of their players including Udonis and Chalmers.

What makes our situation unique, is we have rights to 4 players and none of them can modify their cap hit like Dwade and Haslem did.

Also Bron and Bosh joined Wade in taking less than their true max and in this case Kawhi is the only one that can do that for us.

We are an unique case and I think that's irrefutable at this point.

https://hoopshype.com/salaries/miami_heat/2010-2011/

@lakerfan2 You're welcome bro!

13. vasashi17

[​IMG]

Okay I honored your request to say my piece on it.. And now I'm back to being an a******. :p

I'm moving on bro. Rob still has to prove himself...Magic isn't really my concern anymore and Kawhi on the way...

Chick the G.O.A.T. likes this.
  14. Chick the G.O.A.T.

capital gains

You're talking semantics. Essentially Riley laid the blueprint for this with the heatles. Are details different of course but at one point the only contract Miami had was chalmers, that's irrefutable. Hell Windhorst was just talking about it this morning on national TV

15. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Well why did you go there again when you know I am opposed to your view on what has taken place here. Only asked about the reports coming out publicly of a supposed private conversation at a crucial point in time here. And in no way do I think you are an a******. You're my guy.

16. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

17. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

i'm hoping the daniels signing means they've gotten an answer from kawhi and will now start making moves

not gonna get my hopes up until it happens though

Cookie likes this.
  18. vasashi17

You my guy too bro!

:Beertoast2:

We know Magic likes to talk..so I'm sure Brad adked "what y'all talk about?" And Magic went off the cuff, cause no Tamperin now haha.

Anyways, I really do believe he's aware of how badly he handled his resignation. He allowed us to find a worthy replacement, but the way he did it was poorly and executed.

He wants to get back in some of our good graces (obviously no need to do it for a fan like me haha), so maybe that's why he's being extra in that he wants to show that he's trying to help us lock up Kawhi through Unc Dennis.

#CookieTinFoilTheory

Cookie and LTLakerFan like this.
  19. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

I wouldn't count on it.

It's a move that we can make without affecting our cap.

therealdeal likes this.
  20. Mitch

Mitch - Rookie -

I am so nervous.

Barnstable and D-Fish Man like this.