Kawhi Leonard Discussion: “I’m A Snake Clipper Guy.”

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by Helljumper, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

This is in large part why this tweet yesterday was so funny, and why he was getting killed in the comments for it. The Lakers aren’t LA, or even California, they are the #1 selling merchandise team, and LeBron’s jersey was #1 last year

2. DarthRekal

DarthRekal - Rookie -

US Army Aviation, Apache Armament
    This guy needs his cred taken away.. the Yankees the Patriots.. formerly cowboys. And the Lakers.. those are THEE franchises in their respective sports.. where is this guy living

ItsDS17, JSM, therealdeal and 2 others like this.
  3. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

LOLLLLLLLLLL.
    There's more people living in California, than in the whole freakin Canada.
    Some folks are just DUMB.

4. D-Fish Man

D-Fish Man - Lakers 6th Man -

Well that’s it guys. Kawhi politely blew off a fan with a thumbs up. Might as well pre-order those jerseys now...

5. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

This man's numbers are atrociously wrong. And Kawhi will still own Canada when he comes here. Imagine if he also owns just a piece of Laker fandom in the USA and worldwide lol New Balance is slavering like a dog next to a meaty bone.

Laker fans are all over the US and the world. Canada is a smaller population than just California and Basketball isn't close to being the biggest sport there. Not even close. That statement regarding New Balance and Canada was mind-bottling

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Weezy

We really, really need to get Kawhi. The biggest names are already starting to look cemented in, guys like Kyrie and Kemba are seemingly out, Butler is looking at other options, now Russ is being mentioned for a sign and trade, realistic role players (that I didn’t want but still realistic) like Rose have a team lined up. Come on Kawhi, shock the league.

[​IMG]

Toneloc, JSM, Cookie and 2 others like this.
  7. D-Fish Man

D-Fish Man - Lakers 6th Man -

More than anything we need KD to choose a team that isn’t the Clippers, thereby eliminating any good (not even THAT good) reason for Kawhi to sign there.

Cookie and Big Mamma Jamma like this.
  8. Mr. Rambis

Mr. Rambis - Rookie - LB Verified Insider

A hefty update today. Sorry it's so late...

Saturday (6/29) AM AEG-NB execs-Dennis & Kawhi's agent had a conference call on the business side. Kawhi's side was extremely pleased with the outcomes discussed and has the Lakers as a clear #1 destination for Kawhi. AEG is increasingly confident Kawhi will be a Laker next week. Kawhi himself will be looped into this today but Kawhi's side mentioned a few caveats. A strong presentation from the Raptors could persuade Kawhi and at that point the business side will be secondary. Kawhi is particularly happy with the basketball situation in Toronto and the load management techniques used to keep him healthy. He's also nervous about the Lakers FO in terms of operational execution. This info has already been communicated to Jeanie and in response, she will have Kobe vouch for Judy Seto's load management and will also have LeBron and Anthony continue to informally recruit him on the basketball side. AEG emphasized that Jeanie and Magic need to have their stories straight about why Magic left, and Dennis specifically mentioned that Magic saying he want's to "tweet more" won't cut it as a reason for Kawhi.

Because of this, the Lakers informed Kyrie's camp that they cannot make a commitment to him until later this upcoming week, and thus he's decided to sign with the Nets. The Lakers backup plan at this point is centered around D'Angelo Russell, as their priority beyond Kawhi is a point guard.

Lots to be optimistic about, but the Raptors are still a very real threat. As long as the Lakers execute their plan properly, they should have this in the bag. They've pretty much gone all in here, but it's not over yet.

Best Regards,
    Mr. Rambis

ItsDS17, DeeZee, RasAlgethi and 25 others like this.
  9. Mr. Rambis

Also while I did hear the AD news relatively early, my hunch is that Kawhi's side will inform the Raptors first either way. That's generally how things work in these free agent situations. So the confirmation news is most likely not going to come from me before ESPN here. What I just posted is probably the last piece of major news I'll get, since now the AEG side is done. They've done their job and done it well.

-Mr. Rambis

DoMinJoon, tada, Barnstable and 9 others like this.
  10. Weezy

Rehiring Seto seemed like a really smart move for the Kawhi situation, she really took care of Kobe. Also, if anything, our training staff has always appeared from the outside to be overly cautious with our injured players. So much so that people here complain when “re-evaluated in a week” turns into “re-evaluated in another 10 days”. You never see any pressure from inside our org to get players on the court any faster than they feel is necessary, and you never see any of our players call out any of our other players for not playing through injury, or taking too long to come back, I believe we even wanted to keep LeBron our for longer than he wanted to get back on the court. So there’s that, we are not San Antonio in that regard, and certainly not the Warriors and that debacle they had this Finals.

Aside from that, damn I hope the Jeanie/Rob/Magic drama doesn’t cost us Kawhi, really wish Magic hadn’t felt the need to go onto First Take and call Rob a backstabber repeatedly. Maybe be vague, but not go right for the throat, damn.

ItsDS17, JSM, Barnstable and 6 others like this.
  11. Mr. Rambis

@Weezy Yup that initial first take appearance has proved to be a bit costly. Kawhi just wants to know who he's getting into bed with, so to speak. Kobe has had nothing but praise for Pelinka, but when another legend (Magic) starts going off about Pelinka's loyalty and complains about the business side and Jeanie's cronies leaking into basketball decisions, there's legitimate reason for concern. Let's see how convincing the two of them are...

-Mr. Rambis

12. Miggggy

Miggggy - Rookie -

Lol. Love that there’s always an out for Mr. Rambis. You win.

13. Mr. Rambis

Hey @Miggggy !

I understand it's frustrating to not have a clear indication on where Kawhi will sign, but it's difficult for me to make that definitive statement when Kawhi himself has not made a decision yet! And he won't make that decision until he meets with the Raptors!

At this point we all have to be patient, and trust that the Lakers will do their best to bring this one home! I'm excited!

-Mr. Rambis

14. borri

borri - Rookie -

Doesn't surprise me one bit that Earvin's tv appearance is gonna have negative ramifications.

If I'm Kawhi camp, of course I'm concerned. the gm and owner are making him promises are according to Earvin are: a) a backstabber and b) incompetent.

Damn right I'm concerned.

Thanks Earvin. You better undo your evil deeds.

15. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

I have an off the wall tinfoil scenario...how about if Uncle Dennis is doing Magic a favor (because they know each other) by letting it be known he wants Magic at the Kawhi meeting. Magic’s imagine has taken a hit with Laker fans because of his leaving and/or First Take interview. Magic lives to be loved. If Magic delivers us Kawhi, that’s a huge feather in his cap and he is loved again by all the fans and can ride off into the sunset to tweet and watch movies to his hearts content.

16. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

^ whatever helps us get Kawhi.
    If he wanted Stalin's body in that meeting, i hope Jeanie would pick it up from Red Square by herself and drag it to LA.

17. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

[​IMG]

18. Cookie

Yes but you have to agree that Magic’s rep has taken a hit. Otherwise what have you been arguing about for the last 3 months.

Barnstable and therealdeal like this.
  19. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

[​IMG]

Please please please let this happen!

DeeZee, DoMinJoon, JSM and 3 others like this.
  20. Cookie

I bet no one will deface that mural.