Kawhi Leonard Discussion: “I’m A Snake Clipper Guy.”

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by Helljumper, Jun 15, 2018.

1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

I think KD and Klay's injuries wreaked havoc with the JV team's best laid plans. Call me crazy and Kyrie an afterthought for KD but I bet they were looking to hook Kawhi up with KD. Just like what's happened with Boston and Houston ya really hate to see it. As the great @sirronstuff once illustrated, Kawhi choosing the Clippers by himself over the Lakers with Bron and AD makes .....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  2. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I think other teams for sure is where that's coming from. Teams are looking for ways to entice him and that's their idea: get him someone to play with.

But if he f***ing wants someone to play with, then why not LAL? It was refreshing to see a national guy lay out why the Lakers make the most sense. I honestly think most of these reporters refuse to put our name out there because it's getting them attention for it now. How could none of them at least recognize our advantages? For years we were an obvious choice for a star, but now that we're actually an obvious choice we're not even mentioned? Seems weird to me.

3. LTLakerFan

I thought Butler was was hell bent on joining the two most unlikeable players in the NBA in Houston to forego his favored ISO style and instead watch Harden and CP2 pound the ball.

4. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

This is where I first saw the rumor....

...and notice this comment...

Teams "believe" they would like to play together aka teams are "guessing" they would like to play together haha.

It's BSSeazon...

5. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

To me this reads more of: "S*** we need something to make playing (in NY or with the Clippers) more enticing. What can we do? Let's try to get Butler, he seems available". Then the leak comes out from that office: Kawhi would like to play with Butler and (NY or the Clippers) can make that happen.

I'm not sure at all how much Kawhi actually wants to play with Butler. Probably a little bit at least because who wouldn't want to play with good players? Does Kawhi want that more than Lowry, Gasol, and Siakam? Or Davis and LeBron? I have my doubts.

6. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Alot of doom & gloom narratives for the Lakers here, but they ain't lying about the timeline.

If it's not Kawhi, alot of things can go sideways for us.

S&t between Boston and BK swapping Ky for DLo? BK holding onto DLo till the last minute for spite or leverage? DLo to Minny? DLo to Phx?

Butler to cLips? Butler s&t Htown? Butler to BK to join Ky if KD heads to NY solo?

And then add in the mechanics of the timing to the AD deal... will Nawlins/ATL want it done asap?

This is where Rob will show his moxie or lack there of. Will he sell the farm and take in AD into our cap forcing us to tier 2/3 free agency or will he somehow bag Kawhi or Butler with the max, spare Bonga or JJ in an AD trade and expand the deal to either bring in other assets asking with AD or provide him with a partial trade kicker?

7. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    WOJ is such a scum bag, and with Ballmer using him and playing the Lakers, it is time to start giving him public hell. Scrooooo Ballmer!! WOJ is a loser!!!

8. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

I think the dominos fall based on KD's decision. If he's willing to go to the Nets or Knicks, I feel Kyrie will join him there. If he stays in the Warriors, it's entirely possible Kyrie will sign with the Lakers. AD and Kyrie are supposedly very good friends so in regards to the reports that AD has been recruiting, it's likely that Kyrie is who he has been texting.

As much as I want Kawhi, I don't think he's one to want to be on a superteam. I feel he's going to join the Clippers or resign with the Raptors.

D'Lo might be using the Lakers as leverage to get more of a market. Not sure if a team will give him the max but by using the Lakers to push his value, I'm sure some teams will be interested just to spite us.

Klay is likely staying with the Warriors, although, he would be the perfect fit for us and his timeline of returning late into the season is definitely something we can afford to wait on with LeBron and AD on the roster.

Overall, we still have LeBron and AD so regardless of whether the max players sign with us or not, we're still in a position to fill out the roster with very good players and compete for a championship. All we can really ask for. I keep thinking, how many teams would absolutely kill to be in a position where they have two top five players on their team? Some teams are willing to break the bank for just one (Kawhi). Yet, we have two.

9. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    Also, I think this should be linked to the site or created as a new thread and stickied to the top. At this point, I am beginning to think that we should start a new section on this site that is dedicated the BS that is Ballmer and WOJ. If the city of LA becomes very aware of the BS this owner is pulling on the Lakers, I would not be surprised to see them run out of town.

I hear he is looking to move the team back to Seattle!!! The sooner the better to that a**hat!!

Big Mamma Jamma likes this.
  10. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

The D'Lo to Minny stuff seems impossible. They have no cap space. If the reason BK is letting D'Lo go is to clear cap space, why would they do a sign and trade for Wiggins (an inferior player to D'Lo) to replace D'Lo and take up that cap space?

I think Kyrie and someone is going to Brooklyn. That means D'Lo will likely be available. So Does D'Lo want to play in Phoenix with an unproven young star that may or may not be the real deal (Booker), or would D'Lo want to come play with a legit superstar in AD for the next 7 years? I know what I would pick if I were D'Lo. Live in LA, compete for championships every year, and kind of stick it to Magic for giving up on him.

11. LTLakerFan

:Zubaclink: ? Why did they spend hundreds of thousands for his reelection to buy off the mayor of Inglewood to grease building new arena next to the Forum? Or were you teasing?

Big Mamma Jamma and Jaguar like this.
  12. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

i don't see why russell would work with bkn on a s&t, tbh. he can get the same money without helping them, probably in a desirable situation (several teams will have enough to pay his max, including us in pretty much any scenario).

if kemba's really going to boston, i'd be looking at terry rozier. he's not a true pg, but that's much less of an issue here, and he can defend that spot fine. plus, what better way to stick it to boston?

13. lavar-is-trash

lavar-is-trash - Rookie -

Haynes is very connected to Uncle Dennis. Vegas odds this morning have us a 9/1 odds of getting him. Shut up about this "Ballmer paying Woj" bs, y'all are embarrassing. It's not just Woj saying that Clippers have a chance at some of these guys.

LaVarBallsDad likes this.
  14. CarolinaLakerFan

CarolinaLakerFan - Lakers 6th Man -

Good point. No way am I leaving a steady guy like Siakam to play with a loose cannon like Butler.

15. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

I don't think he's leaving...I think anything else other than a Finals Win, and he bolts, but now give all that has happened, how can he leave?

Toronto should be the front-runner, and I hope he doesn't delay his decision.

16. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

The problem is a lot in the media (especially Woj) continue to report as though it's fact. Marc Stein was on a Lakers podcast yesterday and it was pretty clear that the source of all the speculation about Tor and the Clips leading is coming from executives around the league. Not Kawhi's people, not the players, but executives who also don't know what Kawhi is thinking. Kawhi may very well end up in one of those 2 spots, but what is grinding a lot of people around here is that things are being reported as fact and these reporters and "analysts" will casually mention that nobody really knows at the very end.

Big Mamma Jamma and Cookie like this.
  17. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

states it as his own opinion, not based on anything said to him. only the "going back to toronto" part is based on anything said to him by someone in the know.

honestly, it will take kawhi actually going to the clippers for me to believe they're a tier above all the other non-toronto competition (as has been suggested in the press over and over). i think the clips are working hard to get their name out there as part of a long-term brand-building process. if they get kawhi, great, but it's really about not being a laughing stock anymore.

18. LaVarBallsDad

I think Kawhi will sign a short-term deal in Toronto, though. I think the long-term plan is to return to Los Angeles, though, and I do think he becomes a Laker, eventually, but I'm bias...:)

19. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

at this point, i sort of hope he does sign for 2-3 years in toronto, if that means he's not going to be playing for a cross-town rival.

20. LaVarBallsDad

Agree. He's 27. He has options. He could decide to come here when LeBron leaves, and he's closer to 30 and pair himself with AD.