Kawhi Leonard Discussion: “I’m A Snake Clipper Guy.”

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by Helljumper, Jun 15, 2018.

1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

A likely ring this year and 4-5 or more over the next 10 would be boring? You just did a weird and IMO wrong turn in your argument here.

Cookie and Big Mamma Jamma like this.
  2. Banners

Banners - Rookie -

Seems like the Lakers definitely aren't getting a meeting with Kyrie, even with all the Lebron/Kobe recruiting.
    Also, seems likely Kemba is leaning towards staying with Charlotte, so we aren't getting a meeting there.

3. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

Basketball is boring? Do you think Kobe thought talking about basketball was boring? He has kinds of business opportunities now but he would want to know about on court stuff first. Kawhi himself says he lives and breaths basketball. Sure the marketing opportunities are important but he’s walked away from tons of money before. That along with his self proclaimed love of ball leads me to believe that’s what you lead with.

4. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

This guy needs to change his name to Chantix because he obviously is smoking too much.

Big Mamma Jamma likes this.
  5. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

Could be true, could be anybody’s email.

Cookie, Kenzo and LTLakerFan like this.
  6. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

That could be literally anyone's Gmail. :D

Cookie, Kenzo and LTLakerFan like this.
  7. LTLakerFan

Wow if true. Yikes. But great yikes that it's not the Clippers.

OK plan B Butler or Russell? I'm really starting to warm to Russell if only we could get him to start with a little less than his max to be able to bring more talent in additionally. He's being offered the opportunity of a basketball lifetime if they said 24 and we'll take care of you going forward financially. Don't be stupid proud and afraid to bet on yourself like conversely worst decision of his basketball life Tyron Lue. I could really have my youth fix back with Kuz kept and adding DLO. Just sayin'.

And I really want them to keep Caruso.

8. ShaqFu

ShaqFu - Rookie -

Whether or not Toronto retains Kawhi, that won't stop us from winning a championship against them. That team simply cannot stop playoff LeBron, AD, and Kuz, let alone if we had a shooter like Russell. AD alone will command a double team. Maybe Kawhi plays LeBron 1 on 1, but who will stop Kuz or Russell? Moot.

Big Mamma Jamma and LTLakerFan like this.
  9. Lakerman JSJ

Lakerman JSJ Moderator Staff Member

Dude. What is the BS narrative?? Super teams have been the trend for a decade in the NBA and now the Lakers possibly putting theirs together is coming with all this nonsense attached to it? Seriously, where is this coming from all of a sudden?

I'm so not down for conspiracies, but this whole thing is starting to STINK to high heaven. Has Ballmer's fingerprints all over it, no matter how crazy that sounds.

Barnstable, alam1108, JSM and 7 others like this.
  10. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Rachel Nichols thinks she’s hilarious, and it’s usually at the expense of us. It’s cool though, we’ll be the ones laughing when we win the title. I’m sure people laughed when it was suggested KD would join the Warriors too, but here we are.

11. therealdeal

People were laughing at LeBron coming to LA right around this time as well.

Meanwhile the Rockets want to ship off half their depth for Jimmy Butler and nobody blinks an eye at it.

12. Lakerman JSJ

Lakerman JSJ Moderator Staff Member

Oh, is that funny, Scottie? Was it "taking a back seat" when you joined up with Hakeem & Barkley in Houston 20 years ago? Did KD take a back seat in Golden State?

Why is this kind of dismissal only directed at the Lakers all of a sudden?

How did Kawhi go from "focused on the Lakers" one year ago to the mere thought he'd consider being the best piece of arguably the best trio in NBA history in his hometown on the most prestigious basketball franchise on planet Earth being dismissed as laughable? Oh, the Clippers were a scrappy team who snuck into the 8th seed of the playoffs and have never even sniffed the Conference Finals, you say? OBVIOUS destination for Kawhi. HUH????????

I feel like I'm being gaslit here. What. Is. Happening?!?

13. Weezy

I enjoy my personal conspiracy theory that whoever is at the top of ESPN, owner, boss, whatever the title, is from New England or New York or something and absolutely hates the Lakers our of jealousy. So whenever his employees mock or report negatively on the Lakers they get a pat on the back. It’s how I imagine I’d tell my employees to cover the C Bags if I ran ESPN. I mean they friggin added a SportsCenter headquarters in LA, the Jump and some other shows are done in LA, yet we’re still covered like they’re centered in Boston. Is this a likely scenario? No, but it’s fun and it makes me feel better. At the very least ESPN has a very strong east coast bias though, runs from pro sports all the way to college, has as long as I’ve been watching anyway.

14. therealdeal

I think the Ballmer paying media in LA conspiracy more palatable. :D

15. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

I'm not even sure if I want Kawhi more because of what he can do for our taem OR more for what will happen to the media if we get him?

I'm sure it's a combination of both at this point

Big Mamma Jamma, LTLakerFan and Kenzo like this.
  16. LTLakerFan

A really really really long time ago Rachel used to be hot.

[​IMG]

alam1108 and Big Mamma Jamma like this.
  17. LTLakerFan

18. LTLakerFan

Mr. Rambis is in witness protection for blowing the whistle on Ballmer paying off the media?

19. Flight815

Flight815 - Rookie -

There is a well known and ongoing East Coast bias on ESPN and in sports media in general. Maybe it has to do with the fact that we have awesome weather while they are digging their cars out of the snow. Maybe it is because they have to stay up late to watch if their teams play us. Whatever it is, it is real. Unless it is the Finals, or World Series or something like that, West Coast teams RARELY get the top billing on SportsCenter.

If there is turmoil with the Lakers, then it is the top story, is returned to for more discussion ten minutes after the top story and is covered a couple more times before the hour is up. When Magic quit the front office, it was the top story for a few days.

20. Weezy

Well, sure, but this has been going on way before that. I remember when we won the back to back titles in ‘09/‘10 we didn’t get a fraction of the coverage the C Bags got in ‘08, they covered them all summer long. And even in our own state the Warriors are beloved by ESPN while Kobe and the Lakers were hated. Hell, ESPN even had that guy that invented a stat to knock Kobe down a peg, might have been Hollinger and PER. And outside of that in baseball it’s always been Yankees/Sox, and football the Giants and Jets get so much coverage even though they suck, I’d bet even the Browns get as much coverage as the Rams. In college it’s always been ACC this, Big East that, you wouldn’t even know the PAC 10 existed most of the time.