Kawhi Leonard Discussion: “I’m A Snake Clipper Guy.”

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by Helljumper, Jun 15, 2018.

1. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I'm sorry, but based on what do you believe that he wants his own challenge? You're stating it like it's fact and I just don't know where or when that narrative started. It might be true, but we have no idea if it is or not.

Of course the Lakers sell him on that and hopefully he sees that. There's nobody who can sell Kawhi the Lakers can. We have the best of almost every world and if we're honest: he can still hide here. We have two stars who can take the brunt of the spotlight with AD and LeBron who seem to like the spotlight, Kawhi can be Klay Thompson. Up in GS Curry, Durant, and even Draymond get all the shine. He can do the same here with LeBron and AD. He doesn't have to play for a worse franchise, with a worse team, making less overall money to be in Los Angeles.

2. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Well, let's hope he hates Pop, Parker and the whole Spurs franchise. What better way to stick it to them ;)

abeer3 and Cookie like this.
  3. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

because he's not like every other NBA superstar. that's why i can easily see him turning down a chance to play with AD and lebron

ummmm are you sure about that? haven't we thought that for years and how many big names spurned us? i mean hopefully lebron was the game-changer and proved that the lakers FO actually has the ability to lure in big names now but we'll see

4. lakerssteve

lakerssteve - Rookie -

The narrative is being put out there that the Clippers did everything right and might miss out on Kawhi while the Lakers did everything wrong and good fortune is falling on their laps undeservedly. Let's get this straight. Nobody told Steve Ballmer to buy an NBA team with practically no brand value. The only way for him to change that is to rebrand and move his team elsewhere.

As for reasons for Kawhi to choose the Lakers, it's sort of ridiculous how people just automatically assume that he's looking to go to a team to maintain anonymity. Dude's trying to build his own brand, his own empire. Imagine the increase in sales that New Balance would experience were he to join the Los Angeles friggin' Lakers. Imagine the access he would have to powerful business people who go to Laker games, not Clippers.

Also, imagine how his lifestyle would be as a Clipper vs a Laker. Be a Laker, be loved and recognized worldwide. Be a Clipper...what other NBA player gets booed in their own home city besides the Buffalo/San Diego hardcore Clippers? It doesn't happen anywhere else. He'd get access to not just the greatest players in team history, but greatest most heralded players in NBA history and most famous people in history. Kawhi gets immediately linked to the Laker/C bag rivalry.

Finally, just another added benefit. In a city of stars, Kawhi would be able to enjoy being around a more jaded people who let's face it, often times act a little too cool for school, and will for the most part, leave him alone. Let's see that happen in Toronto.

alam1108, Juronimo and MambaMentality like this.
  5. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

The big names turned us down because our roster was filled with 19, 20, and 21 year old prospects. We were winning 20 games a year. Do you think that's likely now? You think we're in the same boat we were when we tried to sign LaMarcus Aldridge? Greg Monroe? Those kinds of guys? The game has changed completely with LeBron and Anthony Davis, c'mon. There's no comparison. Even last year if Paul George wanted to come, it was LeBron and some kids who we didn't know if they'd improve or not. Now it's two of the very best players in the game.

And as for Kawhi being different, all that's fine. He can be different, but to pick the Clippers for anything other than "I don't want to play with LeBron" is a fallacy. It's a personal preference, a subjective opinion, and he'd regret it but that's the only way you can justify Clippers over Lakers. Otherwise the Lakers have the best overall package to offer and it's not even close.

abeer3, Barnstable, alam1108 and 3 others like this.
  6. KuzmoBall17

KuzmoBall17 - Lakers Starter -

My insiders just told me he is going to sign with Atlanta Hawks ,and make Tray Young and him a new NBA dynasty
    :Noddingyes:

7. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

i agree with everything you said. but i just won't believe it until i see it

8. OmarE

OmarE - Lakers Starter -

9. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

When have the Clippers ever lured a superstar free agent to come play with them?

It has NOT happened yet...and until it does, I'm not believing the Clipper hype that has been created by the media and the over-achieving they did last year.

It's easy to win when there's ZERO pressure. Ask the Boston C Bags from this past year...they got to the ECF with Rozier/Tatum/Brown/Horford...and then a year later get spanked in the 2nd round with more talent. Why? Because they had the pressure and expectation to be in the NBA finals.

The Clippers are going to experience similar pressure - I'm lookin forward to their eventual collapse. If Kawhi wants to go to LAC, it'll be a mistake because he won't be winning anytime soon.

Cookie likes this.
  10. Big Mamma Jamma

Big Mamma Jamma - Rookie -

The whole “wanting his own challenge” is a load of crap.

Didn’t he just have his own challenge with Toronto? He took that team all the way. They weren’t winning bupkis without him. He singlehandedly won the 76ers series with that shot for the ages.

I agree with TRD

Cookie and MambaMentality like this.
  11. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

Can we stop posting this kid. Please.

He's not affiliated with anybody and has zero credibility with anything he posts. This guy literally just states the obvious and adds "sources" to it to make it sound official. Yeah, Broussard is just as bad, please stop giving this kid any sort of credit or visibility. Literally, go through his posts (it's not long), he's doing nothing that anybody here don't already know.

12. OmarE

OmarE - Lakers Starter -

From Damon Jones (ex teammate of LeBron and close to both LeBron and Kawhi):

13. D-Fish Man

D-Fish Man - Lakers 6th Man -

I agree with all of this except I don’t see how it’s going to be a more competitive West. Lakers will finally be god again but the Rockets and Warriors are going to take major steps back this coming season.

Big Mamma Jamma likes this.
  14. OmarE

OmarE - Lakers Starter -

I'm just posting what's trending that's Lakers related. I personally don't trust any sources until it's posted on Lakers.com but it's here for discussion.

15. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

sure, but teams like portland and utah are on the up. and houston is no doubt still a top 3 team in the west

16. lakerfan2

Well he's been well known for not being a legitimate insider, and only trends because people fall for his "as sources say" and "BREAKING" click bait posts.

Twitter is full of fake posts and click bait, let's wait and hear from actual insiders instead of posting whatever pops up in trending.

17. Big Mamma Jamma

Big Mamma Jamma - Rookie -

I mentioned this earlier in the year that if James Harden doesn't win the MVP this season that his time has come and gone. He won't get the favorable treatment that he is used to getting from the refs... you watch. So, take that away (6th guy Refs) and the Rockets are probably still a playoff team but maybe 5th seed. Not scary in the slightest.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  18. Toklat

Toklat - Lakers Starter -

The good thing about Kawhi is that he will be the best player on any team he goes to. He doesnt have to concern himself with being second or third to anyone. The question is does he want to avoid Laker drama? That is my only real concern. Also is he old school mentality, rather beat them than join them?

432J likes this.
  19. ShaqFu

ShaqFu - Rookie -

Apparently D. Jones and C. Carter are plugged in to the right sources about Kawhi. If they say we're in the mix, then I like our chances.

abeer3, MambaMentality and OmarE like this.
  20. lakerfan2

Portland was good without Nurkic, so they still have him on the way back.

Utah added Conley to their young core, so that'll be interesting to watch.

Nuggets are still competitive and have more time together.

I wouldn't count the Warriors and Rockets out yet. Spurs are always a team to keep an eye on.

I definitely think next season will be the most balanced it will be in a very long time, unless of course, we land Kawhi lol.

Big Mamma Jamma, alam1108 and OmarE like this.