Kawhi Leonard Discussion: “I’m A Snake Clipper Guy.”

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by Helljumper, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Bryant

Bryant - Lakers 6th Man -

Kawhi sure chose the shoe brand that most closely matches his personality!

:Laugh:

2. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Tor gets you New Balance
    LaC gets you Li Niang (chinese, mwp/klay i think)
    LaL-your own brand :Laugh:

sirronstuff and Lakeshow85 like this.
  3. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

Yikes! Why?

:Kobepuking:

sirronstuff likes this.
  4. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

I feel this way too on Kawhi.

5. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    If I had a shot at all of them, AD obviously makes the most sense.

With that said, AD won't be available in the FA market and we have to trade everyone except LeBron to even have a shot at him.

Kawhi could come for free...

Kawhi for free >>> AD for the entire roster

So overall without question my #1 target would be Kawhi. We made the mistake with PG and we did it again with Kawhi. If you don't capitalize on trade requests, those players are gone. Waiting to sign them in Free Agency doesn't look smart at this point.

abeer3 and ElginTheGreat like this.
  6. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

I will say I don't think the Pacers or Spurs ever intended to make a deal with us.

7. CarolinaLakerFan

CarolinaLakerFan - Lakers 6th Man -

:This:

8. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i still think (i know some disagree) indy would have taken ingram or the #2 pick AND eaten deng. lakers just needed to throw them a PR bone and wouldn't do it. whoops.

as for SA, they wanted the house. my issue with that at the time was that we hadn't seen kawhi play. but if i knew he was healthy, i would have traded the house. the house doesn't look so great right this moment.

ElginTheGreat and alam1108 like this.
  9. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

not sure how Clarkson/Randle and the 26th pick is/was better than Odalipo/Sabonis at the time, while Sabonis had a bad rookie yr, so did Ingram but at least Odalipo had a track record of being decent-good, he just had what was considered an overpaid contract at the time but was still looked at as a better player than Randle was at the time. I agree with you abeer, #2 or Ingram could've gotten the deal done but when you start of with randle/clarkson its already a bad starting point and some what insulting to indy.

10. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

right. all the prime assets taken right off the table prior to negotiations...on top of the fact that i'm pretty sure our FO initiated the trade demand...man, that's a recipe for spite.

oladipo's deal looked bad at the time, but i agree that he and sabonis looked comparable to randle/clarkson even given that fact.

we were overconfident. it's been a theme.

11. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Pritchard wanted no part of dealing with Mintz, let alone us.

No way they take on Deng from us. We traded DLo (Mintz client) with Moz after Paula's trade demand. That package was obviously floated to Indy. We were willing to deal DLo, Clarkson, Nance, Jules and our picks (outside #2)...that's fair value for a skirt supposedly bent on going back home.

You don't start with BI/#2 for a distressed asset like Paula.. that's bad business.

What exactly did Butler sell for again? I like Covington alot, but Philly didn't give up a whole lot (let alone 1st round picks) for a distressed asset that didn't even have Philly on his short-list. Paula did, so why give up the farm (including a #2 overall pick) for that? The optics on that would be terriball.

SamsonMiodek likes this.
  12. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    Haha, agreed. This is the most Kawhi thing to do since I can remember.

13. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

It's only going to look terrible if both Ingram and Zo continue to be meh this year and never really pan out to anything...

So I really hope those two do not disappoint because we passed up A LOT of trades for their "potential"...

14. vasashi17

Fab4: There's the "potential" of other trades tho.

Had we traded for Paula, we have her, Bron and Deng's dead money. That would put us at less than the 30%max in cap space next summer. So definitely no KD next summer and no Kawhi, Klay, Butler, Kemba, etc....maybe Boogie if he's willing to take less than the max again.

Also if AD does become available, would the Pels be looking to blow it up and rebuild or would they want to keep competing and build around a skirt like PG?

Imho, you keep Ball/Zo till you get a distressed tier 1 allstar that you can package those guys to go get him. Kawhi coulda been that dude, but SA wasn't going to do it. Paula ain't that guy, neither is Beal, neither is Kemba imho.

I'm still holding out for AD or someone that is just as distinguished.

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  15. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Spurs opted for derozan; minny opted for saric/covington, so...George?

16. vasashi17

Amick reported a Godfather deal by the Lakers...did that go anywhere with SA? You would have to think Zo and BI were part of that deal....so Kawhi could have been a Laker if SA was willing to drive him to LABron on Rodeo....instead it was LeBronto. You can't put that on Magic/Rob, really?

Even if Butler had put us on his short-list, Minny rejected 4 1st round picks from Houston to send dude out East and in the "process" got none.

As for Paula, who exactly got the ball rolling into those tampering allegations?....was it the Lakers ratting on ourselves, was it Paula's camp ratting on themselves, or was it Indy, who repeatedly mentioned how Paula's trade demand was a "gut-punch" to them and refused to mention the Lakers by name when they addressed the media about it?....oh and then there was this:

Yeah...Indy was pettinitely..uh definitely willing to give Mintz/Paula what they wanted by trading with us...
    [​IMG]

I'm not saying you have to be greedy with your assets tho...but when the time comes, make the right move. Seeing her quivering tail at how she dodged the bright lights this summer, I shiver at the thought of LABron one day giving the torch to Paula, cause at that time she once again wouldn't be able to stand the heat. So not making a move for Paula was the absolute right move (even if Pritchard was willing to deal). SA didn't want what we had and maybe wanted to send Kawhi elsewhere out of spite....I mean just look at the above and how Indy treated oh girl.

I'm not going to fault the FO cause for the most part, they've been aggressive in clearing cap and wanting to get a max free agent, even having our team president sit in a dude's driveway for a hour before free agency even started.

17. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    That shoe CAN’T be real. Can it?

Who would make a brown basketball sneaker that resembles a hiking shoe?

#wethenorth

:Laugh:

18. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Eddie Bauer?

[​IMG]

Cookie and sirronstuff like this.
  19. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

I fixed it for you.

:Shaqfunnyface:

20. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

No way. Not the way LeBron is still capable of playing and playing with new skills, plus his next gear he hasn't even touched that's made for getting this team deep in the playoffs even with our current roster which is better than he had last year when they beat Boston. James has this memorized now how it goes and so far has been the perfect Lakers citizen. But you were probably at least half kidding.