Kawhi Leonard Discussion: “I’m A Snake Clipper Guy.”

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by Helljumper, Jun 15, 2018.

1. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
  2. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

While I would love to have all the young guys blow up and we get lebron and Kawhi on back to back free agent years, the issue is the Lakers may have one too many players at that point.

Kuzma or BI will have to come off the bench and I dont think either one of them come free agency time will want to continue to play off the bench.

Lakers may be thinking that now and would be will to part with BI for that reason because Kawhi and him play the same position.

Kuzma's game better compliments Kawhi and Lebron. Lonzo's game compliments anyone because he is a pass first player.

3. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

:Brows:Play lebron at center

4. OX1947

Didn't Kevin Love start at center?

5. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    His pansy a** would be falling and flopping all over the place

One elbow in his grill, and he'd be out for concussion protocol for a month.

No way I play him at center unless it's a death lineup for a few minutes at a time

6. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

I think so. I remember lebron guarding prime pau very well in the post.

7. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

kuzma nor bi have any say in regards to their next nba contract as for Zo, if rondo can beat him out for starting pg duties, he can go n no tears will be shed from me

8. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Sauce wars! Who's got the real insider info?

Also per Woj: Along with Embiid, Simmons and Fultz being off limits for Philly in a Kawhi deal, Boston is saying their top 5 are off the table.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and OmarE like this.
  9. JLaker17

JLaker17 - Lakers Starter -

Best they are going to get is Ingram.

Barnstable, lakerfan2 and therealdeal like this.
  10. OmarE

OmarE - Lakers Starter -

Nope not even Ingram, best they'll get is Hart, Zu, bonga, and 2 first round picks

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and Khmrp like this.
  11. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I'm almost positive that there's someone in Kawhi's camp that isn't ecstatic about LeBron and Kawhi teaming up because they know it'll mean Kawhi is cast as "Pippen". Shams is plugged in with that camp and while that might have just been an opinion of Shams's, I believe there's a nugget of truth somewhere in there.

I believe Kawhi himself would love to play with LeBron. I also believe that Woj's report of Kawhi being buried in LA with LeBron on the Lakers if Kawhi were to join the Clippers is 100% accurate. I don't believe the Clippers exist basically at this point with LeBron on the Lakers. If Kawhi wants LA, it's either as Pippen or as something worse. Kawhi as LeBron's Pippen is no insult and in fact with LeBron phasing into his last part of his career, Kawhi could step forward and be the Jordan while LeBron could be the Pippen. The two of them together makes a tremendous amount of sense.

12. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

Why can't they just be Lebron and Kawhi?

It's not like anyone sees Curry and KD as A and B or vice versa, just two really good players who came together to win.

If his ego is really that big, than I don't want that. He's a quiet guy to begin with already, what's he trying to go for? What's his angle? If he wants to win, the choice is obvious. If he wants to be the focal point in a large market, then go to New York.

Don't be a Paul George, Kawhi.

sirronstuff and Khmrp like this.
  13. OmarE

OmarE - Lakers Starter -

I think the truth is no one really knows Kawhi except his uncle, and kawhi's camp (mostly family)... They are the ones pushing the narrative to the Lakers. And I'm sure Kawhi being from Cali just really wants to go home, not like Paulina

sirronstuff likes this.
  14. OX1947

Sigh. All this "who's team is it" started with Kobe and Shaq and it's the easiest narrative to keep drama in everything.

Especially with the piece of s*** media that generally has no talent but needs to cook up drama for the simpletons who bite on it everytime.

Kawhi and Lebron are a devastating combo. You couldn't even compare those two to Jordan and Pippen. They are 6'8 freaks of nature. They are like Charles Oakley and Anthony Mason with all world skills. It wouldn't even be fair at how good those two would be together. And it would be The Lakers with the baddest combo since Shaq and Kobe.

Get Kawhi here now for BI only. If not, the NBA will be in trouble in 12 months when he comes without the Lakers losing any talent. You choose your death NBA. I'm good either way.

15. D-Fish Man

D-Fish Man - Lakers 6th Man -

Yup. Our long, national Clipper nightmare is finally over and they can finally climb back into the hole in the ground from whence they came. They'll always have that time they almost made a conference finals.

Couldn't agree more. Eventually, the torch will be passed, and it'll no longer be LeBron's team. Even if he stays on an extra couple years, it'll be Kawhi and the kids.

16. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

These guys all have massive egos. It's important that they feel they're not valued behind somebody and in this day and age, they all require that feeling of equality. I agree, everyone should look at the Warriors as the goal, but some of these guys can't really swallow that. I'm not saying Kawhi is like that, but I wouldn't be surprised if he felt that way sometimes or if someone in his camp feels that way.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  17. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

Wait, so C Bags have Kyrie, Hayward, Tatum, Rozier and Brown off limits? Why on earth would we offer Ingram then? f*** that, the most they get is Hart. God I wish we still had Randle to package too.

Juronimo likes this.
  18. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

I know it's a hard pill to swallow, but BI is the only way we can snag Kawhi from San Antonio. The only reason why those other teams are unwilling to give up assets is because Kawhi (or his camp) has blatantly said he will not resign there.

Either San Antonio is just trying to use that as leverage on us to get more assets or it's true, it's a hard tell. We have the option to wait it out until next year, or we go for the plunge and take him on this year.

Seeing what happened with PG, I would prefer to snag him now than wait, but we're not giving up the farm to do so. BI is the best asset they can get, but they are not touching Zo, Kuz, Hart, or anyone else. Our offer should stand at BI+Deng+19 1st (and maybe one of Zu, Bonga or Svi).

alam1108 and therealdeal like this.
  19. RushDelivery

RushDelivery - Rookie -

We did try to offer Randle to the Spurs and they rejected it.

There was a report last weekend saying that Monday was the deadline for the Spurs to accept the Lakers offer before they back away from the trade table. Why was Monday special? That's the day when the Lakers renounced Randle and let him sign in New Orleans.

Once Randle was let go, the Lakers lost the centerpiece to their offer for Kawhi, and hence they are no longer actively pursuing a Kawhi trade. I'm very happy to see Magic and Rob demonstrating patience by waiting to sign Kawhi in 2019 despite losing out on PG, to me it's the right decision.

20. OX1947

The reason why the C Bags have taken out virtually any valued players in their package is because they know Kawhi doesnt want to be in Boston. It's not that hard to figure out why Boston won't work.

Sixers would risk Saric and Covington for a one year rental. That's about it.

Lakers trading only BI doesnt hurt the Lakers. Lakers could compete for a title this year and they would have Kuzma developing and hopefully Lonzo going the way of Jason Kidd.