Julius Randle Discussion: MIP

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jul 15, 2015.

1. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

I personally think PG can get traded into our cap space as long as Jules gets paid. Mintz will okay that as long as both his clients are happy. OKC gets a nice trade exception and some draft capital (via a PG opt in and trade). Better than losing him for nothing.

With the recent report that DJ could be a secret target of ours, this is how I see it...the Mavs could be a potential Deng dumping site. Also a S&T for Jules (if he doesn't sign a Mav offer sheet).

Jules/Deng/ pick capital to Mavs
    Nerlens/Matthews (expiring) to the cLips
    DeAndre (opted in and expiring) /Bradley (re-upped to MLE type money) to Lakers

We give them Jules and a ton of draft capital for Deng. This allows Dallas to use those extra assets to move up from 5 to 3 to secure Bamba. Mavs ain't competing for the now and I'm sure they know that.

Jules will be missed, but we get a rim protector, a rim runner and an expiring to possibly go after Kawhi later in the season (Deandre is a Texas native). We also get Avery on a modest deal and that would be so clutch defensively on the perimeter with Zo, PG and BI.

cLips are capped out and cant replace DeAndre if he chooses to walk. With Noel in a locked up new deal, they at least have something to show for it and get Matthews on an expiring deal to sure up the Brqdley loss.

Bron/PG/Jules vs Bron/PG/DJ/Bradley...yeh, I'll take it especially if you're in win now mode.

therealdeal likes this.
  2. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I like it, but I think they're looking for bigger fish than Julius. I think they're thinking about DeRozan or someone on that level.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and abeer3 like this.
  3. vasashi17

Oh for sure...just spitballin.

But with Bron saying he needs cerebral players...Jules is bullish and all and provides an unique skillset (can switch defensively at nearly any position), but we all have to admit he's not the most cerebral.

Meanwhile Zo seems to be (transcendently even) and Kuz & Hart have developed mentally during their extensive collegiate careers...so Jules along with his current contract situation seems to be the guy that LA is most likely to use to get that 3rd piece (whether it's him or someone else via trade) to pair with the 2max guys.

4. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

mavs are always dreaming bigger than possible. they'll make randle an offer after each of them has struck out on the market, if that happens. for now, they're probably thinking of pitching george or making a bid for john wall.

Cookie likes this.
  5. therealdeal

6. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    No rollercoasters?

#notastar
    #lethimgo

:Laugh:

revgen and TIME like this.
  7. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

i would disappointed if we traded any of our young guys for Derozen

8. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    lol

9. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    why are you softening on the possibility of unloading Deng? We can't include future picks until after the draft due to rules. If we offer a team Deng + 2 Future 1st + maybe Zubac or Hart we'd have to be able to make that happen.

I love Hart a lot, all our young players for that matter but I would gladly lose someone like Hart over Randle. And with the value of draft picks sky rocketing in the last few years I don't see how there wouldn't be any takers for the kind of hall of Deng + 2 Future 1sts and maybe throw in Hart or Zubac.

10. therealdeal

I'm not. I'm expecting the Lakers to do it. I also am expecting them to probably let go of Julius in favor of other pieces. If not Julius, then other young players, but I think they'd prefer to keep Ingram, Ball, and Kuzma at most costs. That just leaves Julius out.

11. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

12. therealdeal

I'm 100% they're more interested in playing with Lonzo given his skillset. Probably Kuzma too and maybe Ingram.

Randle is a good option and likely to be a respectable piece for them, but he's not a perfect fit.

LaVarBallsDad likes this.
  13. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I strongly agree with this. I posted the same video not long ago saying LeBron saw this up close, I’d think he’d be coming here in part to play with Randle. Almost perfect small ball 5, can switch everything on d with him. Disregarding his overall stats last season and only looking at his numbers as a starter, why couldn’t he be the Bosh/Love of our team to PG’s being the Wade/Kyrie?

14. therealdeal

Because he has shown no ability to hit jumpers or defend the rim consistently.

Honestly I'd love to keep him with those two, but he's not the ideal fit. I'm sure if we can't get to a better rim presence, he will be near the top of the list of options. Say Jordan and Cousins don't want to take the 13 million, signing Julius becomes a priority and at worst a future trade piece.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and alam1108 like this.
  15. vasashi17

Weez, cause he's not a jump shooting stretch 4 like Love/Bosh.

He would seriously need to show management and Bron that he can be a threat from the perimeter. Dude needs to work on that instead of those hulking workouts last summer.

Ohh.......

16. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

I've seen JR practice shot for the last 3 years, and he has really shown nothing consistently; maybe that changes; and while I think he defended A LOT better this year, I'm still not sure he's the type of rim protector at the 5 yet that we're looking for...now that could all change because he's young, he works hard, etc

but

I don't think the Lakers are enamored with keeping him...

alam1108 likes this.
  17. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

As ever, we shall see. I still think he's a great fit at small ball center with Lebron and PG. He can shoot better than Deandre Jordan and that's for certain. And he can defend 1-5.

18. therealdeal

But he's not a spacer vertically or from outside which is important. He CAN be but he hasn't shown it so he's not ideal. A good option, just not a great one. I've been in his corner for a long time. I hope he's around for the good stuff.

19. SFGOLDRUSHER

SFGOLDRUSHER - Lakers Starter -

Master Optimist.
    Knowing Lebron... I still can't help but think he sees Julius as a great asset to bang against draymond...or Capela,or DJ lolz.

Barnstable and lakerjones like this.
  20. SamsonMiodek

SamsonMiodek - Lakers 6th Man -

Family guy
    Randle ist not ideal, but which player is? I wouldn't be surprised if Kuzma, not Randle, is the casualty this off season - assuming we lose one of the core players. I would actually prefer this option by a large margin. No matter what happens the next two months, I'll bei salty If we lose Julius