Julius Randle Discussion: MIP

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jul 15, 2015.

1. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    it bothers Julius because we just beat the best team in the league missing two starters, staring 3 rookies, and he wasn't part of the reason we won.

I'm sure that hurts.

Why don't you sit and think on that for awhile Julius. Maybe it will piss you off and then you'll play even better. :)

LTLakerFan likes this.
  2. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

[​IMG]

sirronstuff and LTLakerFan like this.
  3. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Honestly, I'm glad it bothered him. If it didn't I'd be worried. Randle has a high motor and wants PT, that's a good thing.

4. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Idk anymore. Just trade him to a better situation (for a 1st) if this is going to continue; not that I advocate it, but it just doesn't seem to be working.

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  5. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

Completely unacceptable to give the guy 8 freaking minutes in a game where Lopez is out (and will be for a while)

Luke needs to START randle and stop messing around. Start Randle and Kuz, stagger the effing minutes between Randle, Kuz, Nance and mix Bogut in for spot minutes (10-15 mins max). It's really not THAT hard.

tada, LaVarBallsDad and LTLakerFan like this.
  6. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

just not right, dude did all thats asked, he's nit a star but yet every little mistake he gets shafted on like no one else on this team

tada, LTLakerFan and ZenMaster like this.
  7. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

i have zero problems with randle only playing 8 minutes last night

luke coached an excellent game. they beat the best team in the league and some of you are still hating? hahahaha

randle just didn't fit into the rotation last night. i feel like he would have disrupted the flow that the guys had going, not to mention nance played a hell of a game

8. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

He gets punished when he's playing well, and punished when he's not playing well. Make up your mind Luke.

LTLakerFan and sirronstuff like this.
  9. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

can't argue with the results last night, but that's maybe the 2nd game out of 29 where we've been better with Randle not on the floor. I'm not mad at Luke for only giving Randle 8 minutes last night, but I do worry that he's not communicating properly with Randle. Julius is the only guy that has seen drastic, unexpected shifts in minutes from game to game without any clear reason. That can take a toll on a guy if the coach isn't communicating.

10. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Team that trades for Randle will be surprised how good this guy is (when not f***ed with).

tada, LTLakerFan and wallangong like this.
  11. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

So will WE pay the price for the next 12 years every time we play against him wherever he is.

tada, sirronstuff and LaVarBallsDad like this.
  12. LTLakerFan

:This:

Yeah how about giving Randle his FIRST chance this year to get into a groove with the other best players on the team. You know ..... just to see how it looks? Instead of f****** with his head non stop.

13. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I’m not trading Randle for something like a 1st rounder because he and Luke don’t get along. The chances of getting a player as good as Randle with a pick are slim. I only accept trading him if he is absolutely 100% guaranteed not in this FO’s future plans, and even then I’m looking for better value. Whether that’s trying to pry George from OKC or Cousins from NO or something.

tada, 432J, therealdeal and 3 others like this.
  14. LaVarBallsDad

Guess so. He has done everything asked of him. He deserves playing time.

This is a perfect opportunity to experiment with him at the 5 as well. Luke has completely mismanaged Julius.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  15. LTLakerFan

I have this feeling it's instructions from above for whatever thinking they have going on. Luke is a players coach allegedly and rewards effort and good play and hopes to motivate players to run though proverbial walls for him. What coach doesn't want that. I do not believe Luke is that stupid to realize this is NOT doing that well with one of his most impactful players on the roster when Julius is performing near his peak.

16. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

I've been mad at Luke for a lot of his treatment of Randle this season, but to be fair, last night we won as I said and I can't complain about that. Let's see what Luke does with him going forward. Last night might be and probably was an aberration not the norm. Luke's explanation was on point. He went with the hot hands, and that has worked in Randle's favor a lot this year that he doesn't put Lopez or Nance back in some times when Randle is playing well.

We have a log jam at 4/5 with not enough minutes to go around. I do hope that Luke experiments with Randle at starting 5 but I guess that will depend on matchups. We shall see. If GS goes small without Patchouli Oil then I could see Randle starting.

tada, lakerfan2, wallangong and 2 others like this.
  17. LaVarBallsDad

Honestly, @Weezy, I don't know of his trade value is as high as fans think. I do think he is worth a first, though.

And speaking of Cousins or George, you are assuming Julius would have to be apart of a package to acquire 1 of those players? I'd love that.

If the FO doesn' want him, then trade him to a destination where you can get more value and he can be in a better situation i.e sucking up to Mintz.

abeer3 and ElginTheGreat like this.
  18. LTLakerFan

For the first 2 years of a low first round pick or even higher we might trade Randle for what are the chances that guy is going to contribute as much as Julius can? Who are the enforcers and players left on the Lakers to give cause for opponents to think twice about giving us cheap shots and avoiding intimidation from the bullies of the league once Julius is gone? We got a bunch of skinny young kids. And Nance. And ... ? Who else do we have that "you could get hurt trying to guard them"?

19. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I think he's solid for < 30 minutes a game.

I don't think he has proven yet he can perform beyond that.

I think that he thinks he worth a max contract, but I don't think the market will agree. How will he handle that?

Super sub role is great for him, but will he be happy long term playing that role? I'm not sold on that either.

20. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I think he’s bumped up his trade value quite a bit from where it was in preseason. The only thing that hurts it is he’s a rental. I do agree that he’s worth a decent 1st to teams because of that, but that’s a trade I don’t make unless the FO sees him as 100% gone and they want an asset for him only. If not, you can let him expire to save money, and if you strike out on stars, he’s still an option to re-sign. I do see him as an attractive piece in a package for one of those stars, because he’s been one of, if not the most consistent players on our team this season, and he’s shown incredible strides on defense, and at times unstoppable offense going to the hoop.

tada, LTLakerFan, therealdeal and 3 others like this.