Head Coach Frank Vogel Discussion: The Fall Guy

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by TIME, May 13, 2019.

1. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

if the FO had woj tweet that out before telling vogel himself then that's just BS

wouldn't surprise me considering the clowns running this organization. vogel was always going to be the fall guy, but that's just effed up. cherry on top of this season from hell

Pioneer10, Cookie, JSM and 4 others like this.
  2. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    https://sports.yahoo.com/report-lakers-players-disrespected-head-003920861.html

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
  3. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Incredibly classless move by Woj, not surprised at all though, he’s a clown that only cares about being first. If our FO told him he could report that, horrible look on our part, just so disrespectful.

alam1108, 432J, Pioneer10 and 8 others like this.
  4. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

Woj is only a journalist, right? He's made his bones by breaking news first. But you can't get the news unless someone INSIDE told him. THAT person/people are classless, bush-league a-holes, in my opinion.

Man, I've been a fan since 1970-71. I've never been actually ashamed of being a Laker fan...until this year.

shoe, CarolinaLakerFan and LTLakerFan like this.
  5. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

If it was leaked who doesn't think it was Rambis the a-hole with how he reportedly treated Vogel this year? Couldn't wait and do it with class. Son of a B!!

:Tabarnak:

Cookie likes this.
  6. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    Who was it during the post game interview who asked Frank if he had heard that he had been fired? That was classless, but if this is a fact, it is kind of on the Lakers for letting it leak. Been there typical dumb s*** bad PR move.

Cookie and Weezy like this.
  7. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Or maybe Woj just being unprofessional to stick it to the Lakers

8. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

We should keep him now, just to f*** with that espn pos.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  9. CarolinaLakerFan

CarolinaLakerFan - Lakers 6th Man -

What a classless way to usher out the door a coach who gave this franchise #17. The guy was class the entire season. Not once did he publicly throw his players or this incompetent front office under the bus.

LTLakerFan, 432J, Bryant and 6 others like this.
  10. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

It's Woj's job to be first in sports news, that's what the whole sports journalism game is. Don't get down on him, if he hadn't done it, someone else would. The person to get down on is the worm in the Laker organization. Clearly, the Lakers want the publicity and just want to see their name in the news. Look at the time it was released and look who reported it. Those at the top, Jeanie, Kurt, Linda, have full control of who knows outside of them. That's a 100% intentional leak by the Lakers.

11. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

The whole world knows that Vogel's getting fired. There isn't some kind of internal discussions going on about him keeping his job. So Woj said that he was coaching his last game and could be fired as soon as today. Big deal, why does that have to be some kind of leak? That's not some big breaking news scoop. Poor taste on his part for dropping it like that, right after a game, but I don't think we "leaked" anything.

12. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

woj's rep is based on him reporting facts, not speculation. when he's speculating, he generally says so very clearly.

somebody told him, and he trusted that whoever it was knew for a fact that the vogel decision had been made.

what's bad form is anyone telling woj before vogel knew. you know that woj is tweeting that exactly when you say it, so just make sure you've given vogel the respect of letting him know at the same time (ahead would be better, obviously).

as far as not caring--do you think potential coaches are watching the lakers twitter-fire vogel after blaming them for what was largely their mistakes and thinking "yes, i would like that job with those people. that seems like a good idea."

LTLakerFan, alam1108, Wino and 6 others like this.
  13. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Vogel knew he was getting fired after the season a month ago. Today, tomorrow, next week. He has no reason to be shocked or surprised, Woj just was trying to grab some early attention I guess. This decision has been made for awhile now, and the staff and players already knew it was coming.

14. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Rob is in charge of managing this ship and stopping the leaks and controlling the narrative. He was a f***ing agent, he should be great at that part of it. But he's too busy staying officially quiet for the entire season.

Best case...All I can think is the Lakers source asked Woj to wait until the season was over and for Woj's POV that means .4 seconds after the game. But we should have known better.

I don't think Woj is going early on this. He has a limited relationship with the Lakers as is, so I don't think he's going to burn that bridge.

We should have at least let Vogel know yesterday morning that this was officially his final game, whether everyone knows it or not. It's a bad look for that not to come from the organization first.

LTLakerFan, ElginTheGreat and abeer3 like this.
  15. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

I'm sorry.. but that man was told that he would not be coaching this team next season already IMO. The exact timing of the announcement and what not, perhaps not on that one. He most definitely haven't been twisting in the wind about his fate though. I don't buy that take at all. Woj was just being a prick about it..." breaking news...it MIGHT happen as early as Monday!!" Not really breaking news, or controversial either.

16. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

As soon as as the news is official, let's move Frank to the NBA discussion forum, please @Moderators.

That way people who want to discuss this average to good coach can continue the discussion over there.

17. JLaker17

JLaker17 - Lakers Starter -

The front office is a complete joke and they consistently remind us of it.

18. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

are you saying that vogel was just flat out lying when he said he had not heard he was fired?

why are you committed to this story?

Juronimo, LTLakerFan and Cookie like this.
  19. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

It’s extremely easy to believe the front office bungled this the way they handle everything else.

LTLakerFan, 432J, JSM and 1 other person like this.
  20. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

He hasn't been fired yet, so no he had nothing to lie about. I guarantee that he knows that he is getting fired though. He knew that at least a couple of weeks ago.

As for Woj...that dude is a jerk. He got his buzz out of it I guess, it's a hot topic this morning.