Head Coach Frank Vogel Discussion: The Fall Guy

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by TIME, May 13, 2019.

1. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    The Great Reset is coming

FrontOfJersey22 likes this.
  2. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

he also basically credited his team's defensive improvements to him just stealing ideas from vogel. but yeah, strategy's been our big issue.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  3. Toklat

Toklat - Lakers Starter -

I don't think he lost this team as much as he never had it. We started training camp with so many new pieces and didn't take it serious. We didn't use pre-season games to get players used to each other. We said after ten games, after twenty five games after blah blah blah.... were still saying it. It has taken Vogel way too long to figure out line ups, why he can't get Austin right is my biggest gripe. AR should have been starting and playing major minutes months ago. He would be so much further along. Someone mentioned him not having a spine. That is true and a hard one to overcome. He is a good coach when he has coachable players but he has few of those and really there are not that many of them in the NBA. He wanted this Laker job so bad he was willing to do anything to get it, which I understand, and anything to keep it which I don't. Ironically it is his pu$$y footing around kissing butt trying to keep his job that is going to get him fired. Showing some backbone would go along way with fans and likely with Laker management. I sat down here to try and defend him but I don't think I did a good job...lol I got fired from a coaching job for holding my ground. It sucked and burned my gut for a couple years but at least I knew I was right. He is going to get fired and reflect back wishing he hadn't let himself be walked over. Will make it worse.

4. LA Bron

LA Bron - Rookie -

Welp. The time has come.

5. The Rock

The Rock - Lakers Starter -

He is a lame duck coach. He needs to go he needs to get fired. I think he needs to consider being an assistant coach like Luke Walton and Mike Brown, I don’t think he’s head coach material anymore he needs a lot of help as he has no creativity

6. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

Yeah. Time to put Frank out of his misery.

Helljumper likes this.
  7. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

…and yes I understand that the roster isn’t his fault, firing him won’t fix the problems, etc etc.

Helljumper likes this.
  8. CarolinaLakerFan

CarolinaLakerFan - Lakers 6th Man -

I’ve been a huge Frank Stan all season, but unfortunately the time has come. Watching Zu punish us under the basket repeatedly and not even attempt to put in Gabriel or Dwight to stem the tide was the last straw for me. As us country boys say, I think Frank’s “give a damn is busted”. He knows he’s not coming back and doesn’t care. He’s lost the team.

VincePT and ElginTheGreat like this.
  9. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

if you have no say in personnel or asst coaches then why even be a HC?

FrontOfJersey22 likes this.
  10. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

Vogel for sure needs to go. It's not his fault entirely, but he has something to do with us losing like this. I just know for a fact if we had Lue as coach, we wouldn't be losing as many games as we have. Vogel just isn't a good coach, period.

11. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

This, he needs to go. Team isn’t responding to him, it’s unhealthy for the team and for him, just rip the band aid off. He also seemed pissed off in his post game presser, what a toxic environment

12. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

yeah idk why the Lakers are delaying the inevitable - get rid of him right now while you still can. At the very least, maybe it's a shot in the hip for this team and a new voice might make all the difference. Vogel has created a culture of losing this year unfortunately and he can blame all the things he wants....he just has not adjusted to this roster at ALL.

13. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Vogel probably gets the smallest slice of the blame for this season but its time to get rid of him. See what Handy can do with the head coaching position and start putting together some sort of portfolio for this summer coaching search.

Its not his fault for the roster construction and its not his fault certain rotations were forced on him. And its not his fault for the injuries but he’s failed to put together some sort of system/identity for this team. 60 games into the season and it still looks like we’re preseason experimenting.

14. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Bye bye Frank.

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  15. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Frank deserves more than a small slice of the blame. He's a NBA head coach, this isn't college. That narrative about having "his type of players" is some BS. His rotations suck with the available players he has, been that way for two seasons straight. He doesn't call any good plays down the stretch and at key moments of games. The offensive strategy is non existent, outside giving it to Lebron and let him figure it out.That has been going on for two seasons in a row too. The team just quits on this guy too frequently for me. I still don't quite get what is so special about his defensive scheme from a technical standpoint. I don't notice anything all that special about it, besides having success with some above average defenders playing.

16. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I was shocked at the lack of adjustments this year. No explanation for that

ElginTheGreat and lakerjones like this.
  17. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

We all know it's coming....

Rambis: [​IMG]

alam1108 and ElginTheGreat like this.
  18. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

:This:

19. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

I agree except for the part about failing to put together a system/identity. I think he's tried, but asking the best chef in the world to concoct an edible dish when his ingredients are cardboard, feces and hardened dingleberries is impossible.

It's like on the TV show Chopped where they get a basket of ingredients and there's a couple that are terrible or just don't fit with the others. Because Russ is taking up such a large part of our cap, it's like Chopped, but you're asking the chef to take the brutal ingredient and make it the star of his dish...and you can't use the aged ribeye in the basket because it's spoiled (ie injured).

If you handed this roster to Eric Spoelstra, Phil Jackson, Steve Kerr...whoever, and then saddled them with all the injuries they have endured this season, I think the results end up being similar.

I think Frank has to go because you can't bring him back when it's obvious everyone has quit. But I don't think they've necessarily quit on him. I just think it's the first fruits of that initial AAU generation getting old. And if it was hard to motivate those primadonnas when they were young and thought they were the king of the world, good luck when they're old, still think they're kings of the world, and have 100 million in the bank.

20. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Thank you. And you always have a great way with words!

:Shaqlaughing 2:

Savory Griddles and Cookie like this.