Head Coach Discussion: Canned Ham, Who Is Our New Coach?

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by TIME, May 27, 2022.

1. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

lakerjones likes this.
  2. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Los Angeles Lakers

3. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

[​IMG]

Lakers giving ESPN and The Athletic the access and material for the (justified and deserved) hit pieces that dropped not even an hour after the loss guarantee he's done here.

4. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Idk..we'll see what happens.

After they get rid of D'Angelo, Buha won't have anymore "inside" information.

I'm more interested in the players moves, that we make myself.

It's the Jimmies and Joe's, over the X's and O's for me. I said months ago, I couldn't care less if they fired Ham. We have player problems that need to be addressed. Regardless of the HC.

5. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

The players and what balance Rob gives this team certainly matters. We have a few positions that have to be addressed if we want to really compete in the playoffs and it won't matter who's the coach if we don't make those moves.

But Ham does not have the support of this roster. Players across the league do not like him or want to play for him. That's not sources, that's polled results from players across the league.

Ham did not get acceptable results in the regular or post-season and the methods to his madness were virtually all bad calls.

To compound issues he's shown he's unwilling to learn, grow or accept any iota of blame for anything. Instead it's excuses and finger pointing.

You can't move forward with that kind of man. We were sold on him being a players coach and our top six hate the man.

Cookie, Chillbongo, abeer3 and 3 others like this.
  6. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Do they tho? What top 6 hated Ham, now or last season. That's CAP.

If Lebron and AD really wanted him fired, he wouldn't have lasted the season.

I really don't care about Austin, Rui or D'Angelo's feelings myself, they didn't exactly make, some grand great statement against Denver IMO. Their shortcomings were a bigger part of the problem. I'm not confident, that THEY, are the future here either, at all.

Ham ultimately didn't coach around it, but damn, this group still, had multiple shots at winning every single game. They just whiffed..again. You can't run that roster back either man.

Denver isn't the only good team in the West moving forward. Especially with Lebron approaching 40. We need some new bodies.

AD is cool, he's a great teammate and a solid dude. He voiced some frustration, but was all that directed at Ham? Rob still hasn't given him the quality size, he's been asking for.

Lebron on the other hand, was actively pushing for trades. He knew exactly who would have to be traded too. So ..if the King wasn't happy with the roster, the roster will still be the problem.

Maybe our young guys got paid, (except D'Angelo) and perhaps they thought, that they were a little better, than they really are. Let's not act like it, was all about schemes and Tmeouts and such.

I give Austin credit, he acknowledged that talking about adjustments, and all that is cool, but you gotta man up, and go get that win. That's what ballers do.

Rui and D'Angelo, both seem to still be out to lunch, even after getting eliminated. I'm rather surprised at Rui tbh.

They can roll Phil back out there, in a wheelchair, for all I care. We need some different players, more than anything. I'd rather keep Reaves, he's a gamer, maybe not All Star caliber, but still a gamer. Vanderbilt too.

It depends on what's on the table though. Everybody outside of James and Davis should be in play, for the right deal.

7. LA Bron

LA Bron - Rookie -

It’s pretty funny how the national media refuses to criticize Hambone.

8. Toklat

Toklat - Lakers Starter -

Sounds like Ham is realizing the crap is hitting the fan.

9. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Ham will never be a head coach again that’s for sure, he’ll return as an assistant somewhere

10. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Vogel got another job..coaching is a carousel once you get in. These guys get fired all the time, that's one of the reasons I don't consider them to be critical. It's a players league, look at how many different teams have won or played for a chip in the last 6 seasons. Different coaches in all, some have been fired since.

11. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Hamburglar needs to go ASAP. As I mentioned before I wanted him fired and Handy in as interim coach mid season. I’m ok with promoting Handy now but would have liked to see him audition ideally. I think we should go after Atkinson personally.

Juronimo, JSM and gcclaker like this.
  12. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Lol..and you think Dangelo can be redeemed too.

Shrug.. hire anyone that we can afford. I garuntee, they are going to want different players too.

13. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

They do. It's not. If you want to be the only one to not believe one single report, that's fine. Your choice. But if you listen to the players interviews, read their exact words, watched how they spoke; it doesn't get any clearer. Our top 6 want him voted off the island. To be a contrarian to that point is Kyrie level stuff.

That's not how AD operates. Bron has been very strategic to shed the coach killer label that followed him around in Cleveland. The reports (I know...) are that Bron wanted Handy when Ham was hired and still wanted him when Ham's job was in jeopardy this year. Lakers don't bend to Bron's every demand anymore.

Individually, sure. But when your top 6 as a collective want him out then THAT matters.

I agree there. But I don't think wholesale changes are needed. Have to get 1-2 two way players and a legit backup big and player wise, we'd be set. I don't think we'll go that way, I think we're gunning hard for the 3 star plan unfortunately. Either way, still have to kick the coach out.

14. Toklat

My sources are telling me that Ham was referring to LeBron...lol.

15. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Juronimo likes this.
  16. Toklat

Not sure where to put this, but talking about crapping their pants. Did you guys see how the rest of the crew looked when Robert Horry was ripping LeBron for blowing the game with selfish play early in the series?...lol. Nothing but facts though.

Chillbongo likes this.
  17. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Now here we can find common ground, I don't believe this Trae Young stuff, that's not how Rob operates. I think it's going to underwhelming from the media standpoint, but a very good player, or two.

Did you see KD and Booker talking? That's direct shots at the coach bro. Not some vague innuendo, I don't like how this offense was being run.(KD)

18. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Nah you’re not serious. He was referring to one of the roster changes he deemed necessary magnitudes more quickly than he did for his son Prince. So either AR or DLO.

Toklat likes this.
  19. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Everybody in the league knows D'Angelo s*** the bed. He even came out with the All the Smoke article to try and defend himself. Who in the hell wants a dude like that in the locker room? Minnesota got rid of him, and the GM made it a point to say. It was his maturity level,he's not a leader.

The part Ham left out, was this..."And I told them, that I didn't want that MF back too!!"

20. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Walton has yet to get another head coaching job. I put Ham in that category.