Head Coach Discussion: Canned Ham, Who Is Our New Coach?

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by TIME, May 27, 2022.

1. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

8 games of evidence it's not working .. At one point , AD has to step up and say " I guard him one on one , no double and we'll live with the results"

2. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

No, we can't stop with Rui on Joker. We don't have anyone else thanks to Rob.

AD and Bron can't do it before the 4th, they're our entire offense and we can't have them burn all that energy leaning against and battling a 285 pound unmovable force. You're better off with Rui doing whatever he can with Bron or AD as weak side help and then the 4th Q switch. You're not going to stop him anyway, so why put Bron and AD on that fool's errand for 40+?

That's why I've been pounding the table about sinking real money into a 250 lb+ big man with actual skill this summer.

3. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

If AD is going to be on Joker more then you have to give him a breaker with Hayes.

Big thing is call more plays I have no idea why they team does not use their guards to attack Jokic on PnR. Hes in drop coverage guys like Reaves destroy drop coverage.

Can't have a offensive plays with AD taking 3 points shots. That's a bad possession: first half they attacked Murray and it worked. I didn't see some great adjustment from Denver. Just seemed stagnant

4. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

That's where I think Dinwiddie is our best bet. We need to activate look for your own shot Dinwiddie. Park someone else in the corner and let him loose.

Looked like they were waiting on some players to hit 3s to open up the middle. Supporting cast failed which led to standing around and being stuck in the mud offensively. No break downs from Denver, no space, so we were left with the F it 3s from AD.

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  5. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

abeer3 likes this.
  6. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers All Star -

We have LeBron, he doesn't follow some scheme, and that's OK, we got plenty of good looks last night. The scheme wasn't some kind of problem, gotta make shots.

7. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

matches the eye test perfectly.

still can't get over how different we looked in that regular season finale against NO, where we ran organized offense over and over with devastating effectiveness. then we play them next game and just sort of go away from it for no apparent reason.

8. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers All Star -

New Orleans isn't Denver bro, AD owns the Pelicans for one thing. Our perimeter guys shoot better against them too.

9. Tlawsonmariat

Tlawsonmariat - Rookie -

Darvin ham has got to be the worst coach on planet earth he's getting worst by the game..Why do we only get AD the ball through pick and roll??why do we not give him touches just using simple post ups??

This guy never makes any adjustments,simple stuff like going zone or going big with Hayes and Davis for longer periods of the game or simply putting a bigger body on jokic earlier in the game..

I won't even get started on D'Angelo Russell's struggles against Denver, and it's not like Darvin ham is doing anything to help him thru it,try letting him focus on being a facilitator and not on taking any bad shots..I'm with all of Lakers nation wondering why the hell this guy still has a job with us??someone like Marc Jackson would've been way more of a coach with the amount of talent that's been assembled..Bottom line is this I'm tired of what we're getting out of this coaching staff simple as that..

Last edited: Apr 21, 2024
    LTLakerFan and FrontOfJersey22 like this.
  10. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Kidd is almost as bad as Ham...

abeer3 likes this.
  11. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yeah, if dallas loses to the clips, i think he'll be out, too. he simply did not have his team prepared for game 1.

12. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

We are so lucky to have this man lead this team.

LTLakerFan, abeer3 and sirronstuff like this.
  13. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

[​IMG]
    Not done

[​IMG]

Still more
    [​IMG]

Need all 4
    [​IMG]

OK. That about sums up my rage on this report

14. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
  15. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

OK, we won't the messenger.

sirronstuff, abeer3 and Juronimo like this.
  16. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i have a hard time imagining this, if for no other reason than it's clear lebron doesn't like him.

17. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

:Laugh:

LTLakerFan likes this.
  18. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Seriously. I think for that reason alone AND AD I’m sure as well who played his a** off on D this year yet our D sucked most of it with the size and athletes we had …. feels the same way. And Irwin or his sources are full of **** concerning a first round exit.

FrontOfJersey22 likes this.
  19. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i can't figure out who irwin's sources are. i don't think it's nothing, though. he's got a much better track record on inside info than on his terrible opinions.

still, it's just clear lebron won't follow this guy. and you say lebron follows no one. ok. but he can pretend. and he is not doing that now.

SamsonMiodek and LTLakerFan like this.
  20. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

I thought Larsuel was one of them but it doesn't seem like it. Rather he'll confirm or deny something he has before going public with it so he doesn't look like a complete fool or go too far out on a limb. I think Larsuel has to distance himself a bit since he does podcasts with him, because when the locker room stuff came out the first person the FO went to was Larsuel to see if he said anything to him.

Maybe guys on that similar level that he's met through Larsuel. I know he did some meeting and greeting at the media only party they had in Vegas during summer league. But it's a fairly small FO and I don't know who that would be and it'd be easy to narrow down for the organization.

If it's not that path, then it'd have to be a coach. Handy has zero loyalty to Ham and would know about locker room turmoil and possible lineup changes.

Other coaching stuff...

After listening to him on the pod with Bron, he knows more about xs&os than Ham. What if the podcast was one giant interview by Bron to see if he was worthy to be our next HC? I know. A reach. But I'm desperate. Anything to get rid of Ham.