Head Coach Discussion: Canned Ham, Who Is Our New Coach?

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by TIME, May 27, 2022.

1. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Not after winning this chip.

ElginTheGreat and abeer3 like this.
  2. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

lol, i like it.

i think if AD and lebron are healthy and we go out in the first round or earlier, he's probably gone.

3. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

No..he wouldn't survive that at all.

4. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

#s dont lie try watching jsm videos on YouTube

5. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

1st it was a lie n now its this lol
    :D

6. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

122 pts and 45% 3 pt shooting, are numbers too.

7. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

wouldn't surprise me one but when they play char n down after q1 with Terry going for 30+

8. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Meh..It's still some BS..you said the offense and defense,were dead last since the lineup change period. There wasn't this stipulation, on it being strictly Vanderbilt and Reddish minutes together.

That's flailing IMO, a manufacturered stat to support a narrative. f*** Buha..he's a flipper at heart.

9. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

read more n own up to your BS

10. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Shrug..Nothing to see...the topic jumped off, with me talking about the offense numbers after 2 games. Your retort was this nonsense article from Buha, about 18 mins. I'm still not getting the point of this deflection

11. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Irwin wrote a Ham piece for his substack. Here's two sourced pieces of info he shared in the article...

Yeah, you can tell from some of these post game interviews. Players aren't thrilled with some of the decisions from the bench.

30 minute cap on a healthy 25 year old? I got it and agreed with the approach to start the season cause he didn't look right following the Team USA run. I don't think we need to be playing him 40+ minutes or anything but just think an actual minutes restriction is wild.

Elsewhere: more from Buha on Timpf's pod

lakerjones and FrontOfJersey22 like this.
  12. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Reaves is avg 30min a game, the most of his career. I'm not getting the Austin Reaves issue here. What games did we lose, due to Reaves not playing more than 30 minutes?

He struggled early with D'Angelo, folks were talking about him taking a month off! Separating the two, did wonders for Austin IMO. He's back to being Austin.

13. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

A cap Austin at this point in the year, who's our 3rd best player, is just a strange choice. It reads like we're not going to play you over 30 unless we talk about it before the game and you have a note from home. On most nights, I think that's a fine range just don't agree with how they went about it.

Any night Prince gets the 3rd most minutes in the game, I'm going to have questions.

Also, you're 100% right, Austin looked better going to the bench and when he got away from DLO. ... only for Ham to reunite them on the bench together. The logical steps aren't exactly lining up for Ham.

lakerjones and FrontOfJersey22 like this.
  14. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    He’s a mediocre coach, he didn’t have the reputation of a genius tactician in the 15 years as an assistant. He was a “feel” good PR hire by the front office after Frankie got fired and many here got hooked and applauded the choice if you review the 1st few pages.

I think one thing he was good at is motivating players but it looks like he is losing that too with all this funky line up changes with less effective players getting more time. He was a mediocre player, too, and now living his fantasy playing mediocre players like it was him playing.:ADGlance:

15. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Lol damn..the funny thing is that Frank, might actually be the one, getting fired this season.

Austin is fine to me. Rui and D'Angelo need to pick it up, All 3 should be at close to 30min a game. Prince wouldn't play as much then.

16. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

I'd take him back in a heartbeat and the assistants he took to Phoenix this year, to coach this roster over this "double talking" (what he said coming in first interviews vs how he has actually coached) .... year's Ham. If I couldn't have him back last year. The Defense with this roster guranteed would be better. Rob gives Ham hard fought continuity finally on a platter with the roster .... and this guy changes what was a good to real good 4 out offense after the deadline all the way through the playoffs, save rotation players not hitting the shots that were there ..... and instead changes to all new 5 out, that I will take Bball heads opinions here and on line ... is NOT a good offense for our personnel. And NOT one time YET has on the floor since Vando finally got back .... tried him and AR and DLO together with LeBron and AD. And now he has a locker room starting to get pissed with his handling of the team. This isn't some made up Buha thing. Five of our key player Bron, AD, Reaves, Rui and DLO were pretty honest and clear about each's frustrations about 10 days ago talking to national media.

17. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

@Toklat has Ham's report card assessed quite accurately far as I'm concerned, especially the spouted BS "talk" he certainly hasn't "walked". I would have picked Toklat in a minute to have played for with the common sense way things should be done vs playing for this guy, the way he has changed up what was working and completely blown the chemistry and continuity this year.

Toklat likes this.
  18. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I'm starting to feel my comments about Ham being a future hall of fame coach were taken out of context

:Fishwink:

brother is on the clock

Toklat and LTLakerFan like this.
  19. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

Eh. I was okay with the hire at the time particularly given the options and if I had to call it now, I see him getting another year absent LeBron and AD demanding his firing.

I think he’s shown some good things and coached well overall in the playoffs last year.
    i don’t like the rotations now but that can be fixed.

sirronstuff likes this.
  20. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

that said, I laughed a little too hard at this picture.

Ceteris21, LTLakerFan and JSM like this.