Brandon Ingram Discussion: He Is Who We Thought He Could Be

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by Lakers2015, Jun 23, 2016.

1. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

so still no argument. Someone is indeed salty.

2. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Dude is an all-star n a former laker but all you can think bout is booker and kat n their fan base feelings, speaks volumes of your thought process towards Ingram....keep on hating tho, youve been trying to discredit Ingram season every chance you get so you're at least consistent

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  3. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

more personal attacks, no rebuttals. you do you, bro.

4. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

What's wrong, in saying, that Booker or KAT could have been chosen over BI?
    If I was a PHX or MIN fan i would be pissed. If BI was a Lakers and Booker got picked i would be pissed as well.

P.s. Truth be told, i wouldn't be pissed either way. I couldn't care less about the ASG, it's a freaking joke. If i was playing in the NBA, i would fake an injury every single year around the all star break. What a waste of time...

gcclaker, trodgers and abeer3 like this.
  5. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    [​IMG]

You should Make up before it’s too late. You never know when your number is up.

6. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

saying your thought process of Ingram is a "personal attack" these days? lol.....pls abeer, show me a post in this thread where you have any positive to say of Ingram this season thus far.

7. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

nothing wrong but the "undeserving" part looks like hate to me, he's no less "undeserving" then the other 2, so case can be made for any of the 3 but it would be him to bring up others and be discouraging towards Ingram accomplishment, why not just be happy for the kid? Doesn't Ingram making the all-star gm prove even more so that our assets are/were valuable as oppose to the media bias at the time of the trade?

LTLakerFan likes this.
  8. sirronstuff

Deserving players get left out every year, it is always fascinating to see who those guys are.

PG was left off the roster this year, and there is no doubt that popularity among fans plays a role. The fact that Brandon Ingram has risen above some of his contemporaries in the view of fans is pretty cool to witness.

i’ll let others debate the topic, but I’m happy for him as a player.

9. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

interesting use of quotes there. also interesting lack of counter argument and continued personal attack.

i've said plenty positive. my claim that he's not a superstar and won't be isn't "hating". there are like, 6 or 7 of those guys in the league at any given time. and we traded him for one.

i hadn't followed the allstar process, saw he got picked, then was curious to see who didn't. when i saw KAT and booker, i said: those guys are better players. that's weird. i would have said that last year, and i'll probably say it next year unless something weird happens.

are you saying different? or that the purpose of this thread is to prop up (even irrationally, if need be) ingram and not do anything else?

you could have argued one of them was worse. you could have argued that he deserved it over chris paul or russell westbrook, anything. but instead, you just dug in on the "hater".

10. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

naw im saying it would have to be you to bring up others as oppose to most here who are just happy for young man n this has nothing to do with ingram/ad trade, i will generally support former lakers who left not by choice, don't need to be negative towards ingram to justify the trade, i already said trade had to be done n ingram would not look like this ingram if he was still here.....luke n his system failed BI

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  11. sirronstuff

I'm just going to leave this here and exit quietly.

Khmrp, trodgers and Cookie like this.
  12. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

I've seen the goalposts moved on the Ingram debate from he's a reserve, he's a borderline starter, to he's a starter on a bad team, to he's an okay starter, to maybe he'll make the all star team once or twice.

Now the argument is that he's not a superstar or hall of fame player?

Find someone who said he's a superstar on here or any Lakers message board... no one has said this... not even his fans.

When people go out of their way to put him down... at some point you have to think hater.

Believe me I've heard all of these left handed compliments before.

Towns and Booker should have been all stars... but it's always a crapshoot who gets in and who gets left out.

Sad to take time to bring down a kid who gave his all while he was here.

13. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Methinks you have that many people here are climbing on goalposts to be higher when they dump on Brandon Ingram “broad brush” going again. As in “plural”.

:KobeConfused:

14. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

Rasheed Wallace approves of this message...

Juronimo and acetabulum7 like this.
  15. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

oh, winning matters in player evaluation? good to know. i thought it was ppg and shooting percentages only.

i mean, it's sadder to hate on actual superstar hof players that play on the team you (supposedly) support, but ok.

i'll send BI some flowers. i'm sure he's crying because i suggested that he got the allstar nod for reasons that don't seem clear to me. and that even his supporters--who love him hard, btw--haven't come up a very strong argument for his making it over those guys except..."abeer's a hater! how could you do this* to this hard-working kid?!"

*this, i guess, being suggest a couple other players are better.

i hope someone loves me this much one day.

trodgers, Weezy and sirronstuff like this.
  16. sirronstuff

I hope we all find someone to love us like Kobe loved Vanessa and the girls.

:dwightcrying:

BI is going to be ok

Khmrp likes this.
  17. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

he's fine. i'm just not sure how i'm getting the hater label based on what i said there. in fact, i wonder if the two accusers here might warrant a similar label were one to inspect their post history about a current member of the lakers. and i wonder if that wouldn't be related to this pretty over the top reaction to a claim that has basically been accepted as reasonable.

Weezy likes this.
  18. sirronstuff

Looks like a HOF'er tbh

ingram.png

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  19. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

cricticism doesn't equal hate when they play for the team....@abeer when you say AD is a "superstar" why cant you come up any rationale that the team pretty much sucks when Lebron isnt on the court while AD is? Do you see this team even being a .500 team without James but with AD still?

20. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

well, this isn't the AD thread, but considering that he's actually led a team to the playoffs without allstar teammates sort of ends that discussion. were lebron traded for players that fit better around davis (a couple of scoring guards and defensive wings), i think it's a competitive team. again, if AD isn't a superstar, then there are even fewer in the league than i said. maybe 3 or 4 instead of 6 or 7.

and the team sucks without lebron because it was build to maximize lebron's strengths. AD has done a nice job fitting into that but can't be expected to carry it without lebron. post-lebron, i'd imagine they'd build the team differently.

and i don't see a) how saying booker and towns are better than ingram is criticism or b) how it's logical that criticizing players on the team you follow isn't hate, but criticizing others is.

SamsonMiodek likes this.