2019 - 2020 NBA Lowlights Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by Weezy, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    This I guess could go in Lakers Discussion but the Wizards owner needs to be more concerned about his overpaid gimpy superstar and keep our name out of his mouth. Definitely a lowlight.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/wizards-owner-ted-leonsis-lebron-140128765.html

Wizards owner Ted Leonsis: ‘It’s LeBron’s team in L.A. How did it go last year? Did anyone look happy in L.A.?’

:dwightcrying::SmushFail2:

Only two teams have multiple players who’ve been on the team the last eight years:

Golden State built a dynasty. Washington…

Well, it’s not too late to achieve meaningful success. The Wizards still have Wall and and are stating belief in him. They also somehow got Bradley Beal to extend his contract another year.

That Beal extension shocked me. Not only is Beal likely leaving money of the table, he delays an opportunity to join better team.

Wizards owner Ted Leonsis indicated some of his sales pitch to Beal on The Habershow:

If you get a young player, and they’re a part of building your culture, and the team and the culture really becomes theirs, right? That’s the key thing. And so, if you’re gifted and you’re going to get paid in the NBA, why go play and be the third wheel, right? It’s almost – it’s counterintuitive to me. Because it’s LeBron’s team in L.A. How did it go last year? Did anyone look happy in L.A.? So, Brad and John and the players here, they’re a part of something. And it’s going to be really, really hard. But if you’re in it together.

It’s a little weird for Leonsis to call out another team like that, but I’m all for people saying how they feel. I’m just unconvinced LeBron James and the Lakers are a good example for Leonsis’ point.

The Lakers didn’t have a second star next to LeBron James last season, let alone a third star. They were miserable because they were a losing team and management/LeBron callously put most of the roster into trade rumors.

Ask Chris Bosh about being third wheel on LeBron’s team. Ask Kevin Love about being third wheel on LeBron’s team. Both had difficulties, to be sure. But both have also expressed how gratifying it was to fill their roles on championship teams.

The better comparison is Kevin Durant, who joined the already-elite Warriors. There are real questions about Durant’s happiness – even while winning two championships – in Golden State. Durant was far from a third wheel. He asserted himself on the Warriors. But he couldn’t shake the feeling he didn’t fit after joining an established elite team.

Maybe he would’ve felt differently if he stayed with the Thunder and led them to a title. Or maybe not.

Everyone is different. Some players want to join other stars. Other players don’t. There’s no “right” way to handle a career.

Washington was fortunate to find a star in Beal who wants to stay – at least another couple seasons. Who knows whether Beal will feel the same way as his contract nears expiration? But the Wizards at least have a chance to build an appealing team around him. It’s on them to take advantage of the opportunity.

abeer3, Cookie and LTLakerFan like this.
  2. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

What a chump!! Especially after we gifted him Bryant, Wagner and Bongo.

abeer3 and Cookie like this.
  3. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

They've actually been doing decent/okay. The only ex-Laker not really doing much is Svi, and well there's Anthony Brown but I think he's out of the league.

4. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    [​IMG]

its very funny when Wizzards talk trash about other teams....thy are easily the most under-achieving team in the NBA.

Wall's radioactive contract along with dumb management and lack of youth will ensure they suck for the next 5 years.

trodgers and LTLakerFan like this.
  5. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Eric Bledsoe just pulled a Lamar Odom. :D

Juronimo, abeer3, JSM and 1 other person like this.
  6. LTLakerFan

7. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

At least Lamar passed it off, Bledsoe was ready to take it the distance.

8. Juronimo

Apparently taking a dump in someone's shoe is part of Washington Wizards culture.

:Kobepuking:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nba-tr...izards-flip-saunders-utah-jazz-033933308.html

Trevor Booker details wild culture inside Wizards organization: ‘I’m just glad I got out alive’

Trevor Booker has seen a lot throughout his time in the NBA.

The 31-year-old forward played for five different teams over eight seasons, most recently a short stint with the Indiana Pacers in 2018.

It wasn’t until much later, however, that he learned how unconventional — and unprofessional — the start of his career was.

On an episode of “The HoopsHype Podcast” this week, Booker detailed his wild beginning with the Washington Wizards — where he spent his first four seasons in the league from 2010-14.

“It was the most terrible team that I’ve probably been on, but it was probably the most fun I’ve ever had in the NBA,” Booker said. “Because those guys didn’t care at all, you know? “I would come into the locker room the day of a game and watch one player cut up the suit of another player. One guy took a s--- in another guy’s shoe. Oh my goodness, I have stories for days. We would go on the road and we would break into each other’s room and beat a player up, tie him up. There’s so many stories I got from those Washington days. It was so much fun, but looking back on it, oh my goodness. It was so unprofessional.”

The Wizards were not very good when Booker was in Washington. During his first two seasons, under coach Flip Saunders, they won just 43 total games. Things didn’t improve drastically when Randy Whittman took over in 2012, though the team did post a winning record and reached the playoffs during Booker’s final year there.

Once Booker went to the Utah Jazz in 2014, he realized how insane some of the things he had experienced with the Wizards actually were.

“That’s all I knew. It was my first NBA team,” Booker said. “So I’m like, ‘Wow, the NBA really is a s---show.’ But, you know, as soon as I went to Utah, I was like, ‘Wow, this is way different. This is way more professional, and I really like this a lot more. There’s a lot more structure, and you know, it’s family-oriented.’ … I went to other organizations and I realized that what I had in Washington, it was not normal at all.”

Booker bounced around a lot in his final season in the league, playing for the Brooklyn Nets, Philadelphia 76ers and Pacers before attempting to play overseas in China. His stay there, though, was short lived after a toe injury forced him to undergo surgery. He’s now attempting to find a way back into the NBA.

Though he enjoyed his start, the South Carolina native said he’s just happy to have survived looking back on it now.

“I’m just glad I got out alive,” Booker said.

9. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Lemme guess, Gil and Nick Young were teammates?

Cookie and LTLakerFan like this.
  10. BigDan24

BigDan24 - Rookie -

11. Weezy

This is not basketball, it’s a disgrace. Throwing yourself into opponents and falling down, this is why I have zero respect for Harden or for the guy who coaches it, Mike ‘Antoni, no matter how many wins he gets.

trodgers, RasAlgethi, Cookie and 6 others like this.
  12. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Better than AD though, perfect fit yada yada yada...

13. SamsonMiodek

SamsonMiodek - Lakers 6th Man -

Family guy
    Better yet, according to some the best offensive player ever. Not even lol worty, just sad

14. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

folks don't get to see those sequences on sportscenter. also: miraculous they didn't call any fouls on chicago there--2/3 of those plays end up in fts in most houston games. it's awful.

Weezy and JohnnyComeLately2k6 like this.
  15. Weezy

16. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

this is the guy we're trying to hand a 2nd MVP award to.

that's not f***ing basketball, period.

RasAlgethi, BigDan24, tada and 7 others like this.
  17. LTLakerFan

What a basketball A-hole.

:Deathstare:

18. Juronimo

Everything that can be said has been said when it comes to soften the basketball fraud.

19. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Except for how pathetic the league is for allowing it

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2019
    trodgers and abeer3 like this.
  20. Weezy