MVP Discussion.

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by Lakers2015, Mar 8, 2017.

1. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    They are finishing the season with a whimper, and I'm hoping they flame out royally in the playoffs

:Laugh:

2. Daloyalfan18-Brandon

Daloyalfan18-Brandon - Rookie -

I'm a bit conflicted because if Paul George beats them in the first round that might make him less motivated to come to LA in 2018. However, it would be quite entertaining to watch the Lechamps go down in the first round.

sirronstuff likes this.
  3. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    Unless BOS loses their last game, CLE will be in the # 2 spot and not play IND (who still may not even be the 8th seed)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  4. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Multiple teams are stumbling into the playoffs right now, and I think with this being a regular season award, Westbrook's strong finish to the season has to help his case. The Spurs are stumbling in and that has to hurt Leonard, and the Cavs are stumbling in as well. I actually don't know why Isaiah Thomas isn't mentioned at all lately, even if only being in the top 5 conversation. He's averaging 29 and 6 and he has this C Bags team as the top seed in the East as of today. That's impressive in an East with an upgraded Raptors roster, the defending champ Cavs, and the much improved Wizards.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  5. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

but they're going to get it with, like, 53 wins. and that's with the relatively easier EC schedule. in other years, IT might get mention, but with westbrook and harden putting up video game stats on teams with comparable win totals to his team, he's out.

if westbrook doesn't get it, i'm going to be pretty confused. if harden gets it, i'm not sure what the award even means anymore, as it would be neither the most outstanding player nor the best player on one of the best teams (houston's CLEARLY a tier below SA and GS, by pretty much any measure).

i read something today claiming that houston's unexpected win total is the reason to vote for harden. so...the media makes incorrect predictions, then overcorrects by rewarding the supposed impetus for their silliness? if you told me ryan anderson and eric gordon would morph into iron men this year, i'd have had the rockets in the top 4 in the west. if you told me griffin and paul would both miss decent chunks of the year, i'd have put the rockets third. they're not shocking me. dantoni ball--given the right players (i.e., three point shooters), has always been successful in the regular season.

anyway, the media is lame.

sirronstuff likes this.