#LavarBallSays- Ball In The Family (the Other Ball Kid Content)

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by John3:16, Mar 14, 2017.

?

Opinion of Lavar Ball

1. Love him. He's crazy like a fox.

20 vote(s)
    33.9%
  2. Who?

11 vote(s)
    18.6%
  3. Hate him. Can't he just go away?

28 vote(s)
    47.5%
  1. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Man you are a special kind of hater. :D

Cookie, LTLakerFan and therealdeal like this.
  2. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

I like Luke and I really want to see how he would do with stars on the roster, but Lavar is making sure Luke doesn't see those days.

Also Gelo and Melo getting offers overseas...China's not one of them haha.

sirronstuff likes this.
  3. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Again, I don't even disagree with that.

The whole point of having Lonzo was supposed to get the ball up the floor and fly around quickly. The hit ahead pass along the baseline should open up a quick shot about 50% of the time in the offense. Have Larry take the ball out, have Brook sprint middle. KCP and Ingram fly up the wings. Lonzo takes it and passes it up to one of the wings. Look for Brook early down the lane if it's there. Try to push the ball early and see if you can get a layup. Drive and if there's no lane there, move the ball to either the corner, the middle to Lopez, or out to Lonzo who should be situated at the top of the three point line. There's also Larry on a late dive. All of that should happen in the first 7-8 seconds or so. If you have to bring the ball back out, that's no big deal. There's still plenty of time to get into a set.

If the ball is turned over, Larry is our best/most versatile defender in the starting lineup. He's back to protect the rim. The pace we should play at with Lonzo, especially to start games, should be frenetic and we should be pushing ourselves faster than other teams.

wallangong likes this.
  4. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

i only hate things that dont over promise but under delivers, i didnt complain bout dlo or ingram till yr 2 but i will with mr. it factor n franchise changer here

5. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

sorry, im not a ball washer

6. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Real, I agree with everything you just said. Funny thing is that the Lakers lead the league in PACE.

If the opposition scores, then LA does exactly what Lavar and you alluded to. However, if we stop the opposition from scoring, its here where Zo boards or gets the outlet and he should keep the ball in his hands past midcourt and then set up shop. The look ahead pass is great only if there is an immediate scoring opportunity, but if not, then keep the ball and get it past midcourt, so that Zo can setup the offense. We are 10th in the league in unassisted field goals made...that has me worried about the offense, cause it means Zo ain't doing his thing.

Cookie, therealdeal and Khmrp like this.
  7. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Bite me. No you're a conspiracy nut? You seriously think Lonzo is that kind of kid (in spite of the a-hole old man)? Or just going for the shock value with your question last page?

8. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

hes never said anything against pops or disagreed with what hes said....as saying goes "apple dont fall far from tree"

9. LTLakerFan

So what? He keeps his mouth shut and by all appearances and reports ALL his teammates love him. So you float this below like he's some kind of snake now? GTFOH.

"n how do we know Zo doesnt just funnel everything to Lavar so he doesnt look like the bad guy? Zo has never said anyhing to counter any of lavar claims"

10. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

Is it possible that certain things that Lavar says about coaching are as Magic's mouthpiece?

11. LTLakerFan

Jeezus c*****. You really think Magic is that hard up to be in bed with this whack job?

sirronstuff likes this.
  12. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

so just cause teammates like him, zo wouldnt talk s*** to lavar?

13. LTLakerFan

Good to see you back in form fighting to the death on some dumb thing you have posted. Whatever man. And not saying you post a lot of dumb things but this is. You seriously don't think Lonzo knows he is a huge part of the problem right now and is blaming everyone else instead?

14. therealdeal

I think it's possible, but I'm not sure Magic would do that. Use Lavar to get to Luke? That'd be a really strange work environment.

sirronstuff likes this.
  15. therealdeal

Absolutely. Think back to the way we played in Summer League: quick passes, the ball moving up the court right away. Obviously this is the NBA and those baskets will be harder to come by, but there'll still be opportunities there.

We shouldn't just lead in PACE we should be tearing the roof off of it.

16. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

well lavar didnt blame the team, just said digusted with the losing, that wouldnt come from zo?

17. Weezy

Lonzo never promised a thing. Everything he’s said about himself has been honest. If you want to get mad at Lonzo over things his father and Magic said good for you. I for one am not for judging a rookie as harshly as you do 23 games into his career. Your crusade against Lonzo is more than silly to me. Kid has flaws in his game, but he’s had some amazing stretches for a rookie, and the flaws are fixable.

Why would Lonzo speak out against or suddenly turn on the man who raised him and helpd get him to the place he is now? You see Lavar the cartoon character, Lonzo knows Lavar the father and the man. I feel like you just want to argue and spout some ridiculous stuff, rather than actually stop and think about what you’re saying.

Cookie likes this.
  18. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

Maybe planting seeds to the fanbase that "crazy lavar" actually has a point and Luke needs to go...if that's on Magic's radar if the potential big FAs aren't sold on Luke.

therealdeal likes this.
  19. Weezy

Where does Lonzo being “disgusted with losing” take himself out of the equation? Can you not be disgusted with losing and yet know you are part of the reason? That to me would make it all the more “disguising”, not being happy with your own play on the court. I swear you are reaching big time, think before you hit “post reply”.

Cookie likes this.
  20. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

how bout just asking lavar to not speak on lakers as per request from mgmt? not hard right?