Jeremy Lin Discussion 2014-2015

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by ZenMaster, Oct 8, 2014.

1. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

Aha. I think it's time for me to start a thread (and player thread at that) on LB.

I am actually very excited for 2 reasons. 1 is LB related and the other is - we finally get a real point guard that is not a scrub that won't last more than a novelty month or too old to be running.

Go Jeremy.

trodgers and thkthebest like this.
  2. thkthebest

thkthebest Administrator Staff Member

We didn't have a Jeremy Lin thread this entire time? :eek:

3. TheLegacy

TheLegacy - Rookie -

I don't know how relevant this is but... I hope he gets picked up by the Lakers next season after doing well this season. 17 is my favorite number and that'd be awesome and justifiable for me to get his Jersey hahaha.

Anyways, I like how the reporters noted that his 1 point in the preseason game was because he was the "point" guard.

4. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
    Lin might be my second favorite Laker right now. Very happy to have him on board.

5. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

:D:D

6. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Loved JLin since seeing him play in summer league against John Wall. Been wanting him on the Lakers ever since and now he actually is! We finally have a decent PG, hope we keep him after this year.

7. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

I liked his patience in game 1. He didn't try to do too much, didn't turn the ball over often.

I do wish he was more aggressive offensively, that way, he has more opportunities to score rather than the defense waiting for him to pass the ball. He needs to have that balance of, is he going to look to score or pass, to keep the defense guessing. Nash was a master of that.

I think he might also being trying to set low expectations in the preseason. If he explodes for 25 points out of nowhere, that's what people are going to expect all season. He doesn't want that pressure. I wouldn't want him to have that pressure. If he can get 12ppg/8apg/5rpg, limit his turnovers, keep up that hustle D, I would be okay with that.

8. Sipnotic

Sipnotic - Rookie -

Lin Looked a little gun shy in the first preseason game, but was excellent at finding his teammates. Passing seemed to be a priority, which I think is the right approach with the team we have now. We know he can score, but if he's getting others involved consistently, he gives the team a whole new dimension. If Nash stays somewhat healthy, we'll have point guards on the floor at all times that get guys easy buckets; something we haven't had. Furthermore, this puts more pressure on opposing players/defenses to constantly be alert and exert energy in attempting to prevent dribble penetration. Needless to say, I'm excited to have Lin. Hope he can further develop.

9. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

He's going to get the majority of minutes at PG...one good game from Nash still doesn't instill any confidence in me that he'll play that like for 60+ games this year. I believe Lin will thrive this year once he gets used to the system.

10. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

I must be the only human who didn't think lin played well in the first game. I know the stat sheet indicates he did a good job running the offense, but I saw a few instances of overpenetration that (at least on this night) didn't lead to turnovers but did lead to the offense getting scuttled and poor shots being taken by teammates. in general, I thought he was having trouble getting to where he wanted to go on the floor, as sometimes happens to nash in his old age.

the good news is that I think he can play better than that.

11. Ninja_Squirtle

Ninja_Squirtle - Rookie -

I liked what I saw from Lin in game one, despite the horrid FG%. I thought he distributed the ball well and gave a solid effort on defense. But it's like they say, Offense will come and go, as long as he's contributing in another way, I'm fine with it! I have faith in Lin!

12. revgen

revgen - Lakers 6th Man -

I don't have a problem with him passing the ball. Preseason is the time to learn about your new teammates and their tendencies.

trodgers likes this.
  13. KobeAnd8

KobeAnd8 Guest

Lin did really well tonight in game 2 of preseason. Seems like Kobe took him under his wings as he was talking a lot with him tonight. This may be the start of Rush Hour 4. ;)

TIME likes this.
  14. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

He did very well last night in the absence of Nash.

15. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

I realy hope he signs with us for few mil a season. Nothing too crazy though ;)

16. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

liked his second game better. less overpenetration, fewer awkward ball stoppages; he drove to the basket with a plan.

lakerjones likes this.
  17. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Seems reasonable though right? The second pre-season game and he's a little more comfortable. I like it.

I thought he played pretty well. He's an above average defender. Very quick with the ball. I loved the play where he dribbled baseline, around the key, then laid it in. Very Nash-esque. If he can take parts of Nash's game with him before Nash retires, Lin can make a lot money.

18. revgen

revgen - Lakers 6th Man -

Nice game last night. Mixed it up with the scoring and passing.

Hopefully, we can get X and Nick back sometime before the season starts so Lin can get used to them.

Tragic and lakerjones like this.
  19. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Heard him talk on the post game last night - I sure like the guy. Such a smart dude. I thought he nailed it on the head: the first quarter he and Kobe were kind of finding their way, and it was rough in the beginning. But the second half they started clicking together. For most of the third quarter I thought they were really running the half court sets well. It looked pretty darned smooth and this was the first those two have actually played together.

LaVarBallsDad and revgen like this.
  20. five6two

five6two - Rookie -

I like Lin's improvement from game 1. He seemed more comfortable and knew his limitations. In game 1 he was trying to force too many shots but I think he was getting a feel to see what he could get away with. If he takes his time in the offense he'll be able to penetrate (when he see's the openings) or rack up assists. Game 1 he meshed well with Davis and game 2 was Kobe. Once he finds the group of players he is most comfortable with on the floor, watch out because that will be a potent line up.