Andrew Bogut Discussion

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by LALakersFan4Life, Sep 18, 2017.

1. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

I don't blame the players for this .

I mean it's really poor communication and management from Pelinka and Magic publicly saying they will have 2 max slots this summer every other week.

I wouldn't blame JC and Julius to stop giving a f*** at one point in the season .

"Luckily" for us , Julius is playing for his next contract

sirronstuff, abeer3, Kenzo and 3 others like this.
  2. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

Agreed 100%

3. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

I agree too. That's been my thought process since the 2nd or 3rd game of the season. Luke and the FO needs to stop f***ing with Julius. I see no merit in f***ing with him. Treat him fair and provide good communication. If he's happy here he might be willing to resign for less than market value. Continue to f*** with him and we've got ZERO chance of that happening.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  4. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

it's not just randle; as bogut just revealed (lol, FO must loving bogut right now...) the whole team is sort of feeling in limbo. which is what happens when you hint at moves and don't make them. the treatment of randle and clarkson has been particularly egregious. if they're 100% not part of the plan, move them out. yesterday.

i wonder what kind of turning point this loss will be. it was bad enough to cause multiple different things, from implosion to commitment. but it's hard for players to buy in when management clearly hasn't.

it's one thing to say: the nba's a business, and guys can move if it benefits the team. it's another to publicly commit to a plan, from day one, which involves 30% or more roster turnover. it's worse when you specifically name people that won't be traded, due to its implications for those not named (randle and clarkson).

think they're keeping randle's minutes down in the hopes of pumping his value up (he's better against backups and in few minutes), and there was a leak the other day that they're just keeping clarkson around because he's currently helping and have already lined up buyers down the road. these guys understand these things and probably know even more than this. the other players know they won't be here, too. it's kind of a mess.

hopefully, the FO will address the team prior to the next game and inject some professionalism.

5. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Bogut is the man. When the plan fails, Magic and Rob will look like a huge morons.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and tada like this.
  6. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

And when it works, they'll be vindicated but that doesn't really help Julius, Clarkson, or the team right now.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  7. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Just posted similar thoughts in the WMC thread. This situation has clearly boiled over and it's up to Magic and Rob to turn off the heat. The players should at least know where the FO stands. They're reading the same **** we are. Let them know what the deal is even if they don't to hear it. Is there a way for them to stick around? Are you trying to carve them out a spot? Or is there really no future at all for Julius Randle on the Lakers? Should he start preparing his family to move to Dallas? Chicago? Oklahoma? It's unprofessional to let these guys twist. Have a tough conversation Rob, that's your job.

8. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Bogut be like the honey badger ..... he just doesn't give a s***. Says what's on his mind.

:Noddingyes:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  9. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Not to derail the Bogut thread a lot but management are inbetween a rock and a hard place with how they are handling things. They could obviously handle it a lot better but they are in their first year of their jobs, they need to upsale their positions. But at the same time they are clearly leaving the team in limbo with all this talk about next year, they (Magic and Rob) should probably dial down talk about 2018. Yes we know people will ask you but has the answer changed any since the last time it was brought up?

10. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    I really love what he does when he's in the game. I have total confidence in Bogut defending the rim and know that he's a good passer who will hit our guys on the cuts if they run hard. I also know the screens he sets will free up our guys even though Bogut always gets called for 1-2 moving screens a game. But the refs haven't been kind to us lately and we already know this so....

11. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    this you know, opponents FEEL his screens

gotta like that

alam1108, Cookie, lakerjones and 3 others like this.
  12. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

You guys are starting to over value the talent again. I don't think mag and Rob care what Randle's feelings are. Randle is playing well this season but he isn't a difference maker.

13. sirronstuff

he would be as a 6th or 7th man on a championship team, but I doubt he would be ok with that role when he thinks about his future and pay for that position

all indications are that he wants and expects more, and will likely get it on the open market

I hope we get something for him before he's gone for nothing though, or that at least he's part of a sign and trade for someone we're truly after

the only thing preventing that is teams with a lack of cap space next year IMHO

14. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

Randle’s energy and defense has literally been the difference in a few games this year. He’s not a superstar, but let’s say we get PG next year but no Lebron or Cousins: find me a more impactful and realistic FA target.

15. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

The front office arent very professional themselves, seems hypocritical to ask players to give their all when they know they are gona get traded

16. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

I find that excuse of it being their first year a poor one. Rob has been dealing with FO’s his whole career, he knows what it does to players to be in this position. He shouldn’t have put them here to begin with. At least with Mitch we knew everything would be private and wouldn’t impact the team’s psyche.

Secondly, Magic has been a player and a member of our FO before, he should know better.

If we strike out on impactful FA’s which isn’t so unlikely as can be seen by the same plan being employed for the most part since 2010, we’ll be left with egg on our face once again.

17. sirronstuff

The job of a professional athlete is to perform though. Each one of those guys can make themselves "untouchable" if they wanted to. Ultimately it's out of their control, but they should handle the business that is in their control to get the most out of their career.

There's a human element you can't get around for sure, but it will never be an excuse for lack of effort on a nightly basis. And if it's being used as an excuse this year, then what about every year before that?

18. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

He will be restricted. So I am not worried about it too much. If someone is dumb enough to give him the max, then ya, likely goes. But the Lakers have bigger problems than Randle at the moment. They have a coach who has no clue how to make rotations and pansy a** players who sit in big games because of ouchy's. This team is great when it is on, but when they are off, they are no different then the crappiest team in the NBA.

19. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

The pansy a** players rant yet again? These guys are so young they sit when they are told to sit by the training staff and coach follows what he is told. Kobe retired two years ago.

20. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

but as you stated its human emotions, cant expect your guys to always be rah rah and im all for the team if you're not showing them same respect. athletes arent that much differemt than you at your job, i mean if you wanted a raise/better position, you do everything mgmt ask but yet get no signs that you gona get that raise, are you really gona show up to work in good spirits every day?