WMC 24-25: BUMP TIME!

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by puffyusaf#2, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

:LLLLLebronlaughing:

I’m not quite as down as you but this is too funny not to like. Do you throw in a set of Ginsu knives too?

LTLakerFan and FrontOfJersey22 like this.
  2. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Not every 37 yr old star tries to play GM.

3. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    From practice, he knew he had no chance. We're talking about Caruso man. He knows all his moves and limited counters to those moves. Lebron has no post up game to speak of. If it's not a 3 or a layup, he's pretty limited.

abeer3 and LTLakerFan like this.
  4. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

Yeah, his “footwork” consists of a spinning, traveling, crab dribble.

sirronstuff likes this.
  5. VincePT

VincePT - Rookie -

Lebron just can't carry bums and cut through teams by himself anymore. I think he recognizes that.

There's no way we would have lost last night's game, with the Lebron of a few years ago (up to 2018)

it's sad, but father time has caught up to him finally.

6. LAKERSDUDEINFULLERTON

LAKERSDUDEINFULLERTON - Rookie -

Is this a jab ? Can someone explain this to me please! FC223721-911C-47DA-8574-FD7B225C9A15.jpeg

7. Azndude2190

Azndude2190 - Lakers 6th Man -

Of course it is. Every team loves to gloat about how we let AC go because we were too cheap to pay both him and THT.

8. Azndude2190

Azndude2190 - Lakers 6th Man -

Why are we still signing guards with our hardship exemptions? Shouldn't we I don't know, get another big and some wings players?

9. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Nah. I'd rather we push through and get this clusterf--- of a season over with as soon as possible. If anything, I want them to shave the last 30 games of the season off, and then play the remaining games on consecutive nights until they are to 52. That way we'll be done with it by mid January if we fail to make the playoffs or end of January if we somehow do.

FrontOfJersey22 likes this.
  10. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Oooooooooooooooo!!!

sirronstuff likes this.
  11. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

I f hate this small ball crazyness. Just to appease Westbrook. Like you're winning titles with that

We won with height. What's the f***ing issue in going with what works? My god

FrontOfJersey22 likes this.
  12. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

What does Westbrook have to do with signing short guys? He’s not the one giving out contracts. You want to blame someone, blame Bron and AD who wanted Russ and in turn, we were too cheap to pay our other guys because we are paying Westbrook 44 million.

13. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    This

Cookie likes this.
  14. pika1708

I'm not blaming Russ. Though he is the reason.

I've repeatedly blamed Rob and Lebron for this mess of a roster. In this case, they are to blame for picking Russ and then again for building a roster who seems to be around him.

I'm really baffled with Rob, I thought he was smarter

FrontOfJersey22 and Cookie like this.
  15. Savory Griddles

I honestly think he is smarter, but when Lebron and AD walk into your office and tell you to do something, you pretty much have to do it, or else there will be someone who will in your seat in short order. As for the rest of the roster that surrounds the "Big" 3, he didn't have a lot of options. He went out and got the best pieces possible with a bunch of minimum contracts. And playing small works for teams if the small players are good. Ours are just short and s***.

16. pika1708

Yes, I agree with that view. It's a players' league. And Lebron is the master of it. It's unfortunate that AD is learning with him, on that perspective lol

As for "he did the best he could", I'm not referring to the quality players. We have a bunch of bargains and I even think we shouldn't be allowed to assemble a roster like this using vet mins. Monk and Nunn's contract don't make sense. But that's another conversation.
    Where I think he missed big is the plethora of guards and lack of size in this squad. In August, this forum was screaming for a big forward and we never sign one, which is having impact in the performance of the team and I believe will impact even more coming playoff time.

It looks like we are trying to win using a complete different setup of the one that got us the chip 2 years ago. And I don't understand why, as the game haven't changed since. If something, we actually proved to the NBA that size and defense were key to win rings in a time that everyone was crazy about small ball. And instead of punishing the league, leveraging on having two superstars who have size and are good defensively, we went the opposite way.

I was okay with the gamble last year, with Dennis, Gasol and Harrell. That had a high ceiling and were very good moves. This year I'm not convinced

alam1108, Cookie and LTLakerFan like this.
  17. Savory Griddles

Well, the big forwards available weren't great. People have pointed out one or two, but in the end, I think the thought process was it was better to get more skilled players that were smaller rather than larger players who were garbage. Honestly, neither was going to work. The big players available weren't good enough, and the skilled players weren't big enough. Lebron and maybe to a lesser extent AD decided to detonate a championship roster (except for Lebron's personal pet project in THT) because their egos were such that they could elevate anybody to the next level. Lebron wanted to coast (get Westbrook to carry the load) and didn't think it would cost the team to lose a bunch of really solid role players.

Like I said, Lebron's vaunted Basketball IQ has to be called into question at this point. He's a student of the game, but as has been pointed out before, whenever he has a book in his hand, it's always on the first page.

abeer3 likes this.
  18. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

basketball iq means different things to different people. lebron's a savant on the court. so was jason kidd. lebron seems to be a pretty bad gm, and kidd's a terrible coach.

19. Savory Griddles

True, but even Lebron's IQ on the court...not sure if I'd put him at savant level. Kobe was a savant. CP3 is a savant. It's always hard to tell just how much of Lebron's game is in his head (where he is indeed very gifted) and how much is him just being the greatest physical specimen to ever grace the court/field/rink/pitch. I think a little bit of Leborn's supposed basketball IQ is less him seeing things on the court before they happen and more him being so much faster and stronger that he recovers and gets there so quick it looks like he saw it coming. Not saying Lebron isn't one of the smartest players in the game. He definitely is. But savant level is reserved for a select few, and with his physical gifts, its hard to distinguish what he is using at what point.

pika1708 likes this.
  20. LAKERSDUDEINFULLERTON

LAKERSDUDEINFULLERTON - Rookie -