WMC 24-25: BUMP TIME!

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by puffyusaf#2, Aug 2, 2021.

1. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

I hope we trade AD and Russ somewhere and that AD just found out. Then Bron can piss off in the offseason and I can start liking my team once again.

wcsoldier81 and abeer3 like this.
  2. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

my fear is that it's AD for KD, and then russ and our unprotected picks are going somewhere, too. so we go all in on a team that's 5 games under .500 with 27 to play and doom the franchise to a decade of futility, perhaps finally conceding the city to the clips.

3. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

WMC:

-one of the worst performances ever.
    -AD drama.

BTW, why would anyone trade AD for Durant? If you are trading him, get young players and picks.

lakerjones likes this.
  4. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

0% chance we're trading AD... and for a snow flake like KD? Impossible.

lakerjones likes this.
  5. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

again, not saying i think it's happening, but definitely not a 0% chance. people have been screaming both here and in the press to upgrade the team. everyone acts like lebron hasn't been part of the problem the past two years, and that if he just had more help, all would be fine. AD for KD is a win-now move (kd is currently playing better, though by a smaller margin than people think, imo).

and btw, it may not be that the trade is happening or discussed. all it would take is lebron using his back channels to try to make it happen and AD finding out about it, as others have speculated. this is the worst of all worlds.

6. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Ok, I wasn’t as down as most here after the NO meltdown. I hated it but chalked it up partly to it being the fifth and last game of the road trip, Pelicans losing like 10 in a row prior and up for the Lakers, CJ getting hot and Ham’s stupid assignment of Bev on BI. I certainly wasn’t ready to call it season over with a third more to go.

Last night was different for me. AD just has me totally confused. If he is going to no show and then act weird with Lebron on his night and mope through the presser like that, I have to say we have no chance left for the season. I’ve never seen him like this. Seems as if he’s given up and something is very wrong between him and Lebron. If that’s the case this thing is over. Maybe the partnership is done with them. If so it’s time to break it up.

Zoyd Wheeler and abeer3 like this.
  7. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

You're right. We have no chance this season. We have to focus on making the right moves now, and then have a great training camp and get ready to surprise everyone next season.

8. The Rock

The Rock - Lakers Starter -

The Thunder lost in Golden State and were playing on the 2nd night of a back to back. And this youngest team in the NBA beat us. This team is terrible. They really need to start thinking post-Lebron plans by taking advantage of this trade deadline.

9. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

Teams would have been second in the West behind Denver if this trade went thru. All of Robs other moves only make sense in this context

10. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

Yeah. Front office wanted Russ and still didn't want to give up on it despite seeing how horribly it was going on the court.

These are difficult times. lol

11. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

sell the team jeanie

please

12. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

Trade doesn't happen: Rob's other moves don't fit well (Bevs at SG/SF) instead of slotting Lebron at SF with Turner at C and Hield at SG. Teams struggles: excuse not to do anything despite the fact when things are right teams has held it's own literally against every top team. But they have no margin for error with the roster/rookie coach, so oh well didn't work out and we'll just make a lot of money anyways

lakerjones and ElginTheGreat like this.
  13. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

yeah, still not on the conspiracy train here. i really think the deals were made in isolation, and nobody was trying to pull one over on anyone at any point. we decided 2 unprotected future 1sts was too rich for two role players, and i still think we were right. moreover, we don't know that indy wasn't going to keep upping the ante like tsai out of spite. whatevs. indy can enjoy lots more 9th places. and all their players will still want to play here ten years from now.

14. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

I'm genuinely glad for all you guys over the other, more optimistic threads. My gawd, just getting rid of Russ is truly something to jump up and down about.

But I really do wonder about the level of effed-up-ed-ness on the Lakers right now. I just watched the 4th Q against OKC again, to see if it was as bad as I remembered from last night. Indeed: the Lakers make a run, tie it 106-106, then it's as if there were 3 Lakers: TB, Rui, and P-Bev, who didn't get the message: we're laying down. I have no better way to explain this: no one other than those 3 guys was giving effort. Something looked totally, dramatically effed about the team. Y'all been talking about AD not showing up. In any way. WTF???

Hey, I'm glad Russ is gone, we have some younger talent we needed, etc. But that game really stinks. Frankly? I'm suspicious of what's going on now. I don't know what it is, but I have some suspicions I'm keeping to myself, as I already come off to ya'll as paranoid or something.

The NO loss was deflating, but the loss to OKC, on their BTB, on the night where the world is watching? They suuuuuuuucked.

And it was so terrible, I'm only watching ironically from here on out. Again: yea, I hope with this new roster next year will be the end of our post-bubble nightmare. 'Cuz this year we ain't goin' no place. Man...

KareemtheGreat33 likes this.
  15. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Personally I love a good conspiracy theory, some even turn out to be true. What’s your suspicion? Oh and I agree I’m not sure there’s time to turn this around, our problems have been pretty big. I’m just glad to see the FO make some moves for the now AND the future, it doesn’t need to be one or the other.

16. Weezy

Man the West was wide open for just under 3/4 of a season, then boom there goes that. Yet another superteam, thanks again Durant.

KareemtheGreat33 likes this.
  17. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

Yep good call - now I just feel like its the Suns to lose. Cp3, Booker, KD, Ayton. Jesus.

18. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

KD is injured , no guarantee he'll stay healthy for an entire playoffs run

sirronstuff likes this.
  19. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

hasnt booker been injured all season too?

wcsoldier81 likes this.
  20. Weezy

I just think it’s funny, you won’t hear any outcries to veto this, you won’t get any comic sans letters about it, because it’s the Suns and not the Lakers. Durant and the Nets more importantly have thrown off the competitive balance of the West that had made this season so interesting. Now it’s just well, Suns are in the Finals if healthy.