WMC 24-25: BUMP TIME!

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by puffyusaf#2, Aug 2, 2021.

1. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

So, LeBronze runs the Franchise?
    Don’t add shooters because some of them haven’t worked out in the past and make ZERO trades, even when smaller NON-PANIC ones can be made?
    If this is really how our FO thinks, it’s even more evidence that they have no idea what they are doing.

2. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

One, this is the WMC thread, you’re not going to find positivity in it. Two, when you’ve watched as much basketball as we have, you can tell a good team from a bad one, so to know the season is wasted at the beginning is a bummer. And three, it’s a crime to have torn down a title winning/contending team piece by piece in three years. To have LeBron and AD and be this bad, be a lottery team 2 years in a row. Someone needs to be held accountable, I’m not here to let Rob slide when he’s done a bad job and has been rewarded for it. This is a bad team if no moves are made we will not make the playoffs, AND LeBron and AD will break down and suffer injuries from carrying the roster. Bookmark this post, save it, remember it for when that happens.

Oh and if this team somehow turns it around and makes the playoffs as is, feel free to also rub it in my face, I’ll gladly be wrong. I’m someone who has no problem admitting they were wrong, not someone who likes to die on any particular hill. Jones for example, was a signing I wanted for 2 seasons, or even someone to trade for. So far I’ve been terribly wrong, he’s been bad.

3. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

Reality Bites.

4. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

My WMC is about the negativity. Every thread is basically negative. I get it we’re 2-7. But some times it feels like no one watches any of the games, we’ve been competitive and have been trying hard.

I’m someone who enjoy the journey and isn’t just fixated on the destination. So I agree with you that we need to build continuity and make better decisions at the edges moving forward. And I believe that’s a multiple season journey. But many lakers fans will only care about the destination and would make terrible decisions in the short term. I don’t think you’re one of them, but my initial post wasn’t really directed at you.

abeer3 and LTLakerFan like this.
  5. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

you dont get much for "trying hard" in professional sports

alam1108 and FrontOfJersey22 like this.
  6. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

We will lose tonight.

Going to have to take advantage of the schedule after.

If were awful, everything will be considered, IMO

abeer3 likes this.
  7. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

You get even less from emotional and panicked decision making.

8. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

A lot of us if not most watch the games. You can see that in Game Time. It’s negative because our roster is poorly constructed and Rob didn’t do what he should have when he had a chance to this summer. That Utah trade looks pretty good right now. A team with AD and Lebron should always be a contender. Anything else is failure by Rob’s own admission. Thus what we are seeing is just that - a fail.

9. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Oh ok I get you then. I enjoy the journey too, just not so much when we suck and aren’t even trying to improve the situation. We have no pick to look forward to for all our losing, we have no real youth we are developing unless you count 24 year old Reaves and 2nd round pick Christie. At least in the 90’s when we were mediocre it was still fun and we made the playoffs, had our draft picks, and in the tanking years of recent times we had young guys to root for and top 5 picks to hope for. There’s almost nothing to be hopeful for at the moment, Rob tore this franchise down and got an extension for it, all while the player whose contract is responsible for our striking lack of depth is also still here. Straddling the fence of sucking now while we have AD and LeBron for the chance to have our picks while we suck later is.. asking a lot of the fans to put up with.

10. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

11. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

12. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

Pretty much.

lakerjones likes this.
  13. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Team is 2-7, about to go 2-8, they should be going 1-9. That's a team with Lebron James and Anthony Davis on it. With Russell Westbrook playing well.

There is nothing positive right now. It's what it is.

alam1108 and ElginTheGreat like this.
  14. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

Please allow me to do this once again, in case you can't see what's going on here:

[​IMG]

15. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

16. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

all this.

yes.

if you want the 90s again instead of the kobe decline years, don't panic trade.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  17. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

my response doesn't tie into trades but having 2.5 stars and then saying its "competitive" is embarrassing low standards for this franchise

FrontOfJersey22 likes this.
  18. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

we don't have 2.5 stars. we have 3 max players and two stars. the result is what it is, a .500 team at best. we're a .200 team because we've basically played the league's toughest schedule to start. only 3 of 30 teams have played 1 or fewer sub .500 squads--us, houston, and okc. and our 1 such such team was golden state, on the road, in game 1 of the season, before they hit their doldrums/ring hangover.

the russ trade put us here, and i don't think there are arguments to be had about it. the arguments are about whether panic trades to cover that huge loss are a good idea. they aren't.

alam1108 and LTLakerFan like this.
  19. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

That’s a fair point. It is embarrassing, I’m still glad it’s been competitive and not plain awful like last season however. It makes the product more watchable for me.

20. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

2-8 much worse than I anticipated. 10 more games of this before they start thinking about a trade? I hope not. We will most likely be 7 and 13 at that point with a quarter of the season gone.

FrontOfJersey22 likes this.