WMC 20-21: Whine, Moan And Complain... You Know You Want To

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by puffyusaf#2, Nov 25, 2020.

1. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

anyone but nets or clippers.

philly would bother me cuz rivers and morey and process, but they don't ruffle my feathers like the other two.

my C Bags hatred isn't actually as strong as most lakers fans. with ainge out, there's almost nobody left in the franchise that bothers me as an individual, so it's basically just the fawning they get from the east coast press and laundry concerns now.

wallangong, LTLakerFan and Weezy like this.
  2. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

C Bags
    nets
    clippers
    suns
    sixers
    jazz
    bucks
    hawks

i would prefer the clips never win it all, but i won't be pissed if they do. their 10 fans will just scream "we run LA" until they suck again

lakerjones likes this.
  3. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

i'm not sure the clippers will suck again. deep-pocketed, ultra-competitive owner who generally lets his basketball ops guys run the show is a recipe for long-term success. if they get a ring, it will really cleanse the brand, too. we do not want this, i can promise that.

4. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

LA will always be a lakers town. the clippers could win 10 titles in a row and the lakers will still be the more popular team

abeer3 likes this.
  5. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

My negative list is short: Clippers & Nets. Otherwise I don't really care. Bucks would be perfectly fine, I don't have nothing against Utah and Atlanta. Actually, the Suns would be alright too. Would not bother me at all.

6. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

yeah, it's been many years since i had my finger on the pulse of la (ok, i never really did--i was 7 when i moved to texas), but it's bigger than that--we already saw FAs choose the clips over us and force trades there. if they get a ring, it will become more and more acceptable, and they'll gain a national profile. that's why they hired the SI guy, right? ballmer knows that the brand needs to get there nationally. how many kids will grow up seeing that team have success? we didn't, but in a few years it's possible that 20-30 year olds will have lived most of their basketball-watching lives with the clippers being post-season fixtures and better than the lakers more often than not. right now, the lack of hardware is the glaring hole, though.

7. The Rock

The Rock - Lakers Starter -

Smallball ugh

abeer3 likes this.
  8. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

the kids who got into bball during the lob city years and became clippers fans watched the lakers win it all last year

the clippers winning a title won't change much, aside from them finally having a banner to raise at staples (for however much longer they play there)

9. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

You're fine with b****es like CP , Crowder and Booker to win a title ?

10. karacha

Eh... every team will have players you don't like or who annoy you for some reason. Crowder annoys me, but he's a small fish so to speak - a role player who does not matter much ultimately. I am one of the guys here who does not mind Booker too much. The kid is emotional and all that, but he's still a heck of a player and he keeps improving (albeit slowly) on the defensive end. CP3 is and has always been a dirty player, that's true and everyone knows it. But he is also one of the best leaders in the league, he holds people accountable, he's, like him or not, one of the greatest pass-first point guards in the history of the game. I don't like him, but I do respect his game, he's smart as hell.

And ultimately, if they win, it shows me that we could have won it all without too much trouble if we were healthy, since we had them 2-1 even when guys were seriously hobbled; then AD went down and the rest is history. Like, if I lose, I sort of prefer to lose against the champ, feels a bit better. So, they are last on my list, but I have them before the Nets and the Clips for sure. And it's not particularly close, you know.

11. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

all this, pretty much. paul's antics have always driven me nuts, but i have a lot more respect for his game than most. further, phx isn't sort of symbolic of league problems like the nets, and they're not a within-city rival that is well on its way to usurping us, either.

as i said above, we can't find ourselves on equal footing, brand-wise, with the clippers. we're already seeing some of the fallout with a reggie jackson, who chose them over us and is the main reason they didn't lose in the first round and then closed out the second (people talk about mann, but jackson hit about 6 impossible shots to put the game away--we just needed one game from anyone like that).

LTLakerFan, Weezy and karacha like this.
  12. acetabulum7

acetabulum7 - Rookie -

Phi, Atl, and Mil are all fine. Everyone else can eat cement bricks.

I know I’m probably setting myself up for disappointment, but I’m ok with that. We’ll see how things play out.

tada, LTLakerFan, lakerjones and 4 others like this.
  13. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

would like to see milwaukee get one (like how they built their team, proves you can compete in an undesirable market), but they're definitely going to show up small in game 7. you just feel it in your bones.

trae young is moving up my harden list, so atl would annoy me a bit. i'd rather milwaukee benefit from everyone else's injuries.

LTLakerFan, TIME and wallangong like this.
  14. karacha

Trae is also annoying, the way he plays, fishing for fouls etc. But again, he's a heck of a player. Some of the shots he made last time are absolutely bonkers. He's just small, and pretty much has to resort to cheap tactics. Unlike Harden, who is built like a tank, he can play any way he wants - no one forced him to play cheap, he pretty much invented it.

15. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

Trae is a dog, though. Gotta respect his mentality out there. Dude is not afraid of the big moments.

lakerjones and karacha like this.
  16. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

kinda like wade: it's a lot easier to be fearless when you know the refs will bail you out. the confidence that must instill...

17. karacha

No doubt. You know, you have those guys who are simply generational players, like Doncic, and you know right away that dude is a superstar. Then you have those rare players - a notch below - who have the talent and the work ethic - for them, the formula is simple: time + health = success. Trae's a young star, could be a superstar one day. An all-star level player for sure.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    lakerjones and BangBoomPow like this.
  18. acetabulum7

acetabulum7 - Rookie -

I give Trae a pass because of his tributes to Kobe, but otherwise I haven’t seen him play enough to make a fair assessment. Also congrats to him for getting into the ECF.

19. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

Man both Cameron's are so good for Phoenix: our versions in Kuzma and DS totally bombed compared to those two

20. 904Lakers

904Lakers - Rookie -

I just listened to Stephen A. claim booker is the next Kobe…. Can some please get this f***er to pump the breaks.

yeah the brotha is good with potential to be great but damn man. Slow down with that s***.