WMC 20-21: Whine, Moan And Complain... You Know You Want To

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by puffyusaf#2, Nov 25, 2020.

1. CarolinaLakerFan

CarolinaLakerFan - Lakers 6th Man -

But the point is he done the work. At this point you’re just arguing for the sake of arguing. We’ll have to agree to disagree.

Pioneer10 likes this.
  2. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

my wmc: the narrative is going to be "the re-tool failed" and not "AD got injured". there's one story here.

lakerjones, Pioneer10, Cookie and 2 others like this.
  3. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

2 actually with LeBron’s unlucky injury as well derailing an MVP worthy season.

lakerjones and Cookie like this.
  4. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yeah, both obviously played huge roles, but we couldn't get out of the first round because AD got hurt again. injuries were the story of both the regular and postseason, not poor choices or poor chemistry or poor coaching or whatever. injuries.

5. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

Just injuries. Maybe the fact that we're one of the worst shooting teams in the league. That has to change on way or another.

6. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

we were last year, too. difference: AD played and lebron wasn't hurt.

Cookie likes this.
  7. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

True but I don't think we can ask 55.3pts on 56.5/37.5/77.6 splits as our duo did in the bubble every postseason .

Lakers need another 20pts guy without a doubt .

Wasn't his "fault" but Lebron had significant injuries 2 out 3 seasons with us and AD is no iron man

Khmrp and TIME like this.
  8. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

AD's injury was the turning point of the series

up 2-1 with him playing like his usual self-->he gets hurt-->lose the series

they were never going to beat the suns without both bron and AD playing at a high level. a healthy lakers team wins that series 100%

TIME, lakerjones, Kenzo and 2 others like this.
  9. The Rock

The Rock - Lakers Starter -

Injuries and our main guys did not play like the stars they should be. I'm looking at Lebron. He gets the praise if we win and he gets the target if we lose, such is the way when you want to call yourself a king

10. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Injuries and some blame goes to Schroder in my book. He failed to be the starting PG material he sought to be. His insistence on the role and our FO acquiescence to him took a toll on our chemistry and rotations. And then he picked the wrong time to no show at the end of the season and post season.

Cookie, abeer3 and TIME like this.
  11. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers All Star -

Someone rolling onto your ankle is totally out of his control. That's just straight hating dude. It's about the Lakers man, not Lebron.

12. Slick2021

Who was supposed to be the starting point guard though? Caruso? I agree Schroder didn't step up as expected, but I don't see any better choice as the starter at point.

13. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

caruso. or just start wes and kcp in the backcourt. lebron does most of the orchestrating anyway. people are always saying lebron needs a pg, but the truth is his team just needs a pg when he's not on the floor.

lakerjones and TIME like this.
  14. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

still need a play maker off the bench, AC is not that type or not good enough to be that type, its not surprising the O goes to crap once Bron sits even with AD still on the floor

JSM, BangBoomPow and abeer3 like this.
  15. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

the question was who starts if schroder comes off the bench.

if we don't retain schroder, we'll have to sign or trade for his replacement. we can't just have nobody else who can handle the ball on the whole roster aside from lebron and THT.

Khmrp likes this.
  16. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

AC is more of a secondary/backup playmaker to a primary playmaker. Lakers tried using him as a primary playmaker but he works best when he is alongside Bron which is why Vogel should have benched Schroder and started Caruso to maximize both of their skillsets. I don't think there is a huge market for Caruso so hopefully the Lakers can snag him back for the cheap end.

abeer3 and lakerjones like this.
  17. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

the problem with this roster is that there's no true 3rd option. there's a 1A/1B and then a bunch of average players

look at teams like philly, denver, and milwaukee. they have two stars and then a legit 3rd option. embiid+simmons/harris, jokic+murray/porter, giannis+middleton/holiday

the lakers gameplan is 100% reliant on bron and AD. if one of them is out, they won't win because schroeder, harrell, kuzma, etc can't win you games. last year in the playoffs you had bron and AD playing at an elite level AND guys like KCP and rondo contributing heavily

alam1108 and LTLakerFan like this.
  18. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

my scenario doesnt include DS at all, IF we can do something with Kuz for Lowry SnT so he can get a lil more $ than what we can offer via FA, then Id like to see if KCP/future pick for Rozier (final yr of contract). I assume cha gona go cheaper route with Melo there at the pg/forward spot then they can resign Graham for cheap. I would star Rozier if Lowry is koo with it, save him wear and tear for playoffs, we could possible play both rozier/lowry at same time in playoffs if Ad is healthy, he can cover up for a short backcourt

abeer3 likes this.
  19. Slick2021

I believe we need another guard that can score off of the dribble. Maybe another forward with that skill set too. We have too many guys with the same skill set. Catch and shoot three point shooters.If their jumper is not falling, they all struggle to score or get to the free throw line. This is what is bogging the offense down for long stretches more than anything.

20. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i think (but hope not) that teams have seen AC's value. i think we'll have to go over MLE money to keep him for sure. honestly, i'd throw 3/50 at him if i were say, dallas, and see if the lakers blink.

Cookie likes this.