Wmc 15/16: We are finally at the END! BYE BYRON!!!

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by puffyusaf#2, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Well, Clarkson and Westbrook play very similar, and Westbrook>Clarkson, so...

On the other hand Westbrook plays PG, so that'd be tough. I think he'd have an easier time moving to just scoring SG next to Russell than playing PG scorer next to a lesser clone who's a little short for SG, it'd be an odd pair. I also like the continued defensive development from Russ that I'm seeing. I think when he fills out he's going to be a good defender at either the PG or SG spot.

Then again, would we HAVE to trade one? Couldn't one come off the bench and we find a SF elsewhere? Like maybe we already have one in Barnes or Batum.

2. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Well, no. We wouldn't HAVE to. But I think they all 3 could be max players, and even the Lakers can't afford to have max players coming off the bench...I don't think. Maybe if every other position was filled and Russell was a Bird Rights max contract. Still, it would behoove us to trade Clarkson for a sf or center.

3. lakersyunowin

lakersyunowin - Lakers 6th Man -

No Hibbert or JC in the 4th. Too many turnovers in the 4th. Too many minutes for Kobe.

4. Chillbongo

Chillbongo - Lakers 6th Man -

Just another winnable loss in Laketown.

sirronstuff likes this.
  5. CaCHooKa Man

CaCHooKa Man Administrator: Media Staff Member

I've come to accept the fact that Brandon Bass is now a center

sirronstuff likes this.
  6. lakersyunowin

I will never accept that.

sirronstuff, lakerjones and Cookie like this.
  7. pop pop

pop pop - Rookie -

John Ireland asks terrible questions.

8. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    two words: Boron Bass

sirronstuff likes this.
  9. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

He really does. He has the pull to ask some of the tougher questions other reporters won't ask but he asks some of the most trivial things.

lakerjones and lakersyunowin like this.
  10. Savory Griddles

Yeah. It's too bad we traded Tarik Black in the off-season. He'd be really helpful right now.

Exonyte, Chillbongo, Kenzo and 5 others like this.
  11. lakersyunowin

Yea John Ireland is very safe and boring with his questions. Obviously doesn't want to dig into any real issues. He's like the embodiment of TWC positive tweets after crushing losses. The only thing I like about TWC these days is Jaime Maggio. Yum.

Got another WMC:

I know there was only 6 seconds on the clock but you can come up with something better than that.

12. RasAlgethi

RasAlgethi Moderator Staff Member

^Not only that but his form looks incredibly awkward. It's like he has his normal jump shot then for spot up 3s he has this completely different shot.

13. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

Our bigs are TERRIBLE at defending the perimeter ... They don't even get a hand up .

Julius is the worst ... Opponents are just shooting practice 3s out there

14. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

The f*** is Boron doing? Kobe is going down any moment now. Nick is getting pissed. Rooks (JC and DAR) are lost because of these f***ed up rotations. Tarik is praying for a trade (or someones injury). Roy must be frustrated as hell.
    Looks like Boron wants me to hate Bass or something. Won't work you dumb f***, all the hate and blame is on your a**.
    Rant over...

15. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Byron ****t** a****** f****** piece of ****th** ****s and ********fffttt muther******* %#*+=^>!#*^

16. Savory Griddles

Its amazing really. Everyone was feeling good after the Wiz game. Kobe had a throw back game, our young core was good, etc. Then Byron does this. I don't mind Lou or Bass, but I kind of want them both to get hurt now too. Nothing permanent, but something that will force Byron into making sensible rotations. Clarkson is our best player...by quite a bit right now. He gets us back into the game. Boron then puts in Lou for Clarkson...for the entire 4th quarter!?! I have to believe that Pincus is right. We are tanking. Trodgers wife wouldn't be the only one of our wives that understood what to do last night. Our best player was having a great game and was playing better than anyone on our team by quite a wide margin last night. We are close in the fourth quarter and he doesn't get on the court. I loved watching Worthy and Coach Miller trying to explain Lou playing instead of Jordan in the end, sticking up for Boron and the whole "coach's gut" mantra. And by loved I mean absolutely disgusted and bleeding from bashing my head into the wall.

It's not enough to be forced to watch some of the worst basketball I have ever seen (no hyperbole) at the professional level. But for the Lakers and their employees to try to sell this as something good...it's f***ing insulting. And I mean REALLY f***ing insulting to people who know basketball and have followed the Lakers for 30 years like myself. This BS NEVER EVER EVER would have gone down if Jerry Buss was still alive and Jerry West was still here. I am starting to severely dislike James Worthy now as well for him justifying Boron's utter stupidity and straight up lying to the fans of this once proud franchise.

17. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

WMC: Kobe. He's been putrid this year. Just absolutely awful. Of course Byron has been his biggest enabler; Outside of that, Julius needs a jump shot, Russell had too many TO's, and we got off to another horrible start and put ourselves in a hole from the beginning of the game...

18. raviator

raviator - Rookie -

@Savory Griddles you are right about this being the worst basketball. I've been watching 20 years myself and I don't recall us ever being coached this badly. And I thought Pringles was bad. I fully believe that this is not a bad team. At best we could be a few games below .500, the talent is there even with a couple of rookies in the starting lineup. The defense has improved marginally, but the offense still reeks and yes, the substitutions are atrocious. Play the best player in that game, not who you think is going to play well. And again I ask, WHY THE HELL IS HIBBERT NOT PLAYING WHEN WE ARE STRUGGLING TO SECURE DEFENSIVE RENOUNDS???? Wasn't he one of the league leaders in rebounds a year or two ago? Am I missing something?

Rant over

19. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Hibbert has never been a good rebounder; he struggles when teams go small, he lack of mobility is a problem, he can't catch passes, and he struggles to finish around the rim. I'm starting to se why Indiana went in a different direction, quite frankly. I'd pursue Whiteside next year if I'm the Lakers..

20. Chillbongo

Chillbongo - Lakers 6th Man -

Checked out some college hoops today. Literally every team has a superior offense to the Lakers.

alam1108 and trodgers like this.