Wmc 15/16: We are finally at the END! BYE BYRON!!!

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by puffyusaf#2, Jun 21, 2015.

1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

F*** these guys .... we have too much talent and size for this kind of BS ranking . This team is going to come out with huge chip on their shoulders. Nice photo selection on Randle for this a-hole's article. :FishScola:

ESPN's future power rankings places Lakers in bottom-5 of NBA
    By Drew Garrison@DrewGarrisonSBN on Sep 22, 2015, 12:55p 27

[​IMG]
    Stephen R. Sylvanie-USA TODAY Sports

ESPN isn't ready to give the Lakers' rebuild a nod just yet.

ESPN's variety of offseason rankings is about to fire up, with their future power rankings launching just ahead of training camp. The categories Chad Ford and Kevin Pelton of ESPN rank include players, money, management, market and draft projected over the next three seasons. At the very top they anticipate the Golden State Warriors to lead the NBA, while the Los Angeles Lakers ranked in at a lowly 26th out of 30.

The Lakers improved two places over last season's 28th ranking, taking their most notable boost in the players category. The addition of D'Angelo Russell and promising season from Jordan Clarkson are clear steps forward, with veteran players like Kobe Bryant, Roy Hibbert, Lou Williams and Brandon Bass filling out the rotation. Scott expects there to be competition for roster spots during training camp.

Even with the strong market and money rankings, the Lakers still came out with an overall score that only edges out the Pistons, Kings, Knicks and Nets. Here's what Pelton had to say about how that could change for the Lakers, via ESPN Insider:

If the Lakers can lure a maximum free agent after striking out on the top players the last two summers, there's hope of turning things around quickly -- especially if they hang on to their 2016 first-round pick, which is top-three protected.

Still, the Lakers have a long way to go. They could be the worst team in the West during Kobe Bryant'spossible farewell season, and even entering the lottery in pole position wouldn't assure the Lakers retain their pick. And if they do, it would be unprotected in 2017.

Landing a coveted free agent has eluded the Lakers in recent offseasons, but with Kobe Bryant's $25 million coming off the books and an increasing salary cap, the franchise is in position to make significant signings in the next few summers. The additions of Julius Randle, Russell and Clarkson stand as a young trio that lift he Lakers into becoming a competitive team as they develop, and adding in an established maximum-level player to transition forward could make an immediate impact as soon as the '16-17 season.

26th seems low for the Lakers with as talented as the young group could turn out, but until they prove it over the next few years, there's definitely question marks in the air. Training camp begins on Sep. 29, with preseason opening on Oct. 4 against the Utah Jazz. We'll get our first look at what this team is capable of soon enough.

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/...ers-rankings-espn-kobe-bryant-dangelo-russell

KareemtheGreat33 likes this.
  2. scnottaken

scnottaken - Rookie -

Do these writers not get that the Lakers have faced unprecedented injury losses the last two seasons? It's literally the only reason we were able to keep the pick this year. What makes them so sure it'll continue?

Oh, I know. Someone in the media is the one that controls the voodoo puppet. Find that person, and eliminate them.

3. LTLakerFan

Eliminate? After 3 years of this .....yeah eliminate but very, very slowly, mixing in among other things creative placements for his cache of "pins" [​IMG]

4. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

That's just silly and typical ESPN rubbish. They'll post the Lakers in a low ranking and get 15 million more clicks than if they were reasonably placed. Easy money.

The Lakers' future behind Randle, Clarkson, and Russell looks good. Objectively speaking, it's not the brightest future but it's certainly not the darkest either. They're somewhere in the middle of the pack until we see greatness from Russell and Randle.

5. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Have you guys seen any ranking that takes into account our injuries from the past ~3 seasons? I'm pretty sure I haven't.

6. LTLakerFan

I'm talking about this season. Just give us health (no long term injuries for anyone including Kobe) (I get that odds are against it). Multiple NBA championship experience from more than one source, check. Amongst the starting 5 if Randle is in there ..... incredible amount of difficult to defend offensive skills when we get cooking, check. Size including potentially dominating big man defense in the post, check. Physicality and strength of our lineups, check. Because of our physical, big and athletic roster, I would say, we can play either of "Bullyball" "Big or "Small" ball lineups. That does not suck. So when I see that ranking for "this" year that's what I'm speaking to.

alam1108 likes this.
  7. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I think it's because they are what, 19, 20, and 22? Just NBA babies. I'd like them to have major impact, but the only really ready to do that is Clarkson that we know of.

Everything else is speculation, and fans are more idealistic than most. Objectively, on the outside looking in, you'd be hard pressed to think you could guarantee more out of our roster really---and attach your name to it publicly. We all see the positive, but we're a rebuilding franchise with an old and now injury ravaged superstar that is 37, a collection of mid level solid vets, and young guns. I don't blame the ranking, but sure hope as a fan we blow that away and prove them wrong.

[​IMG]

Ryanwestlombardi likes this.
  8. LTLakerFan

But, with the health caveat, I'm just describing what I'm seeing in the post above. I said a lot but nothing that would require more than good execution. We're skilled, big, athletic and experienced where it most counts in leadership.

Special young players can contribute right out of the gate with minutes and match ups maximized. Our young guys competing for playing time and learning from and being pushed by Kobe and Byron and hopefully Metta as well are not going to be coming in like first year talented rookies expected to figure it out on teams with no leader of these magnitudes. They are the savior. Julius I think will be in a battle for the "People's ROTY" award. It's just a technicality that he's not eligible for the real award. Sucks. Personally I am expecting a lot right now, once they're all clicking, this season.

LaVarBallsDad likes this.
  9. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

Technically Julius could qualify for the Comeback Player of the Year award. Get it son.

10. LTLakerFan

Is it freaking Monday evening PST yet?

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

KB24, raviator, puffyusaf#2 and 3 others like this.
  11. sirronstuff

:Laugh:

ON a side note, I think I saw Jim Buss at church. I can't be sure, but I think it was him.

[​IMG]

There was a lot of crying, waling, and begging. It was odd.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  12. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    so much win in these gifs lol

sirronstuff and LTLakerFan like this.
  13. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

This belongs in the optimism thread. :). I seen the ranking the other day, too. I think it's a bit low. We'll exceed expectations.

14. sirronstuff

15. Chillbongo

Chillbongo - Lakers 6th Man -

What's on Monday evening?

16. LTLakerFan

Monday evening here they should just about be wrapping up the first full day of practice and we should have a treasure trove of reports, pics and clips (I hope) plus all the Media day pics. 3 hours earlier still in Hawaii than west coast.

17. LTLakerFan

My bad. Practice starts Tuesday.....

[​IMG]

18. sirronstuff

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  19. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Who hired "coach" Dave Miller? This guy makes me cringe, I feel embarrassed watching him. This guy makes me miss Jack Haley, I hope his contract isn't for much longer.

LaVarBallsDad likes this.
  20. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Well, since Byron makes me feel the same way, I guess the same guy who hired Byron?